Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CLOCKTOWER BOOST to it's OLD and BETTER length and speed!!!

New Bloke/Chick

CLOCKTOWER BOOST to it's OLD and BETTER length and speed!!!

Many of us have faced this problem, losing one or more battles makes it impossible to get 3 wins without an ended BOOST

But this was to always the case! When they first released the Builder Base the Clock tower boost speed was 10x instead of 8x and the duration of every level was TWICE AS MUCH!

Back then they said it would provide a good quick progress which is total nonsense by now, an upgrade takes around 3-4 days and the missing duration is for troop training a killer!

Back then, a Clock tower 8 (although it was not released, 5 was maximum) would BOOST 10x Speed for 20 minutes, that would mean a reduction of 3,33h for buildings, because you can use the clock tower 3 times, a total of 10h per day in reduction.

Now in comparison of a 3 day construction you may say, wait that it would go down to only 2 days BUT even one missing defence in the Builder Base is a huge disadvantage, especially if it is a crusher/roaster/mortar/giant cannon/mega tesla and I don't want to start talking about the Battle Machine and it's 3 day construction... No battle machine = plan to drop around 500 trophies if you are lucky

So all in all, please supercell!, reverts the BOOST back to it's original state instead of this Boot lite edition...

Forum Elder
    It's been over a year now since the change, and you think it's going to be changed back? It was WAY OP then, and would be now. Don't depend on your clock tower to get 3 wins.

If you don't want to go without a defense, gem it or book it.

Also, back then, the cool down time for the boost was 8 hours, not 7 hours, so it was impossible to consistently get 3 boosts per day.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post
    It was WAY OP then,
    How op? It gave the attacker a nuke or the defender an iron curtain?
    All it did was speeding things a little.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by asddib View Post
    How op? It gave the attacker a nuke or the defender an iron curtain?
    All it did was speeding things a little.
    It drastically reduced builder times if I recall correctly. And that was way back when buildings didn't take that long in the first place.

Let's see. 20 minutes at 10x speed. That saves you 9 hours of builder and research time per day. Thats pretty significant when even the longest uogrades are 5 days. A more balanced change would be to bring down the regen time of the bm to be in synch with troop regen time.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    It drastically reduced builder times if I recall correctly. And that was way back when buildings didn't take that long in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Let's see. 20 minutes at 10x speed. That saves you 9 hours of builder and research time per day. Thats pretty significant when even the longest uogrades are 5 days. A more balanced change would be to bring down the regen time of the bm to be in synch with troop regen time.
    Because of this I suggest to make the builder and the lab not vulnerable to clock tower boost, I'd be more than happy if the clocktower can only affect barracks and BM with it's original state.

Quote Originally Posted by asddib View Post
    Because of this I suggest to make the builder and the lab not vulnerable to clock tower boost, I'd be more than happy if the clocktower can only affect barracks and BM with it's original state.
    I agree, I only use the clock tower boost to attack and get the daily bonus. I couldn't care less about using clock tower to speed upgrades, its ridiculous.
    Last edited by DemonRock22; August 17th, 2018 at 06:12 AM.

I agree that the clock tower isn't good now but it stills does a decent job and make me able to do 5 attacks continually

Ideally I'd like to see is a reduction in speed from 8x to 4x and the time increased from 10 to 20....therefore the NET result would be equal with what it is currently (for a lvl8 CT).....though to be honest I don't really have too much of a problem with how it is at the mo
    Clan: Haemogoblins lvl13 clan...all are welcome whether experienced or new to the game!

TH12 (was max 11 prior to update, minus 70 odd walls) BH8 mostly maxed