Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forgetting Seige Machines in War

Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    Just lovely. I prefer the current system, going to hate hate hate any system that might set to "no siege machine" in a war attack.

I just said as much in the QOL thread in general. Suspect I'm not the only one thinking this (Siege should default to ON for every war attack no matter what you did last attack). Might be a good idea for more people to point that out.
    Yeah, that's my thoughts too, and I put it in the QoL thread. Unless I've misunderstood it, the "improvement" sounds like it will be substantially worse for us.
    For info on CWL see: Clan Leader CWL survival guide
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Forum Veteran
    I'd want a context dependent toggle. Never siege for raids, always siege for war. We're working with limited donors that I don't want to overburden so the rule is don't burn siege on raids, they're for war or FC only. Really doubt SC puts something like that in though, they always go for simplicity.
    We are the same. Only 1 account for siege donations, which sits out wars. To lessen the burden, I get people that war to set their cc to sleep, so they are already full ready for first attack. Had to remind one of the guys as to the cost, earlier today, as he "accidentally" dropped his cc during a raid. Dont mind any cost for war, but not for raids. Dont think cc does much for defending multiplayer raids, so feel defending with cc down is a fair trade off, for the stronger war attack.
    So the change will affect donated siege too?
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; September 19th, 2018 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    Yeah, that's my thoughts too, and I put it in the QoL thread. Unless I've misunderstood it, the "improvement" sounds like it will be substantially worse for us.
    It is an improvement for me personally since I always use SM on attacks, but I can definitely see how it will be an issue for some players in war, especially since they will be used to it being defaulted as “on” for war since they are used to using donated SMs. It seems so obvious that a better fix would be a toggle on the home base like the warden (and a toggle on the attack screen added for the warden too) that I wonder if this was just an easy thing to code and add and they have more planned? I don’t want to be cynical and suggest they intentionally don’t improve it as good as they could in order to improve it even more later. I doubt that is the case.
    Last edited by 2222; September 19th, 2018 at 08:31 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

Just lovely. I prefer the current system, going to hate hate hate any system that might set to "no siege machine" in a war attack.

I just said as much in the QOL thread in general. Suspect I'm not the only one thinking this (Siege should default to ON for every war attack no matter what you did last attack). Might be a good idea for more people to point that out.
    Since that quality of life thread isn’t meant for debating ideas, I started a new thread in general. I’m not sure if it will spark enough discussion to stay near the top for very long, but if nothing else it will make the issue a little more obvious than just buried in the big sticky.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Since that quality of life thread isnít meant for debating ideas, I started a new thread in general. Iím not sure if it will spark enough discussion to stay near the top for very long, but if nothing else it will make the issue a little more obvious than just buried in the big sticky.
    I posted in the QOL thread that their new change they are going to make is flawed and suggested my own idea.

I think defaulting to what you last used is flawed because sometimes you may use it, sometimes you may not so it is NOT going to be an improvement.

If supercell really wants to improve the siege machine function they need to add a toggle on you siege machine factory to set what your default setting will be just like the grand warden air and ground mode.

Edit: oops, missed your post above this one saying the same thing, also I fully agree on adding a toggle to change the wardens mode before battle too cause I, along with other clan mates have at times forgotten to change his mode before going into the attack.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; September 19th, 2018 at 11:36 PM.

Trainee
    I made this mistake a lot of forgetting to switch cc to ww and also being in the same boat of only th12 in the clan. Just have to practice changing it or getting another th12 in the clan.