Thread: Power Stone and Statue Reversion

Fresh Spawn

Power Stone and Statue Reversion

As many high level players are aware, certain statues are very difficult to obtain. So much so, that the term "perfect statues" came to be (max statues for specific type being created).

I don't know how many people I have heard talk about how over a 3+ year span of playing, they are still chasing the fabled 42% GBE, or 32% TD Masterpiece.

What I propose, is an additional option within the sculptor, that would allow Power Stone Crystals to be "reclaimed" and broken back down into Power Stone Shards (Shards to Fragments could also be implemented for lower players). This can be done at a reduced rate (say 5 Shards per Crystal or 5 Fragments per Shard), and take some period of time in sculptor to give players the option, but still at a cost of resources/power powder and time consumption.

I also would propose, that upon completion of any statue, the additional option to reclaim would be given to where the sculptor could break back down said statue in the same manner as above (Masterpiece reclaimed for 5 Power Stone Crystals, Guardian reclaimed for 5 Power Stone Shards, Idol reclaimed for 5 Power Stone Fragments). The ability would only be allowed from the Sculptor himself so once someone decides to place in storage, or deploy said statue, they would no longer have the option.

I am not proposing changes to the statue percentage table in any form, merely attempting to give players an additional option which can give them more chances at those seemingly impossible odds to create those perfect pegasus statues.

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.
    Last edited by Murlin; 1 Week Ago at 03:16 PM.

Occasionally, on rare occasions, we are given that opportunity, that is to reroll a statue to have another chance. Those times are when The Trader offers us 7 crystals for 7 powders. Whenever that is offered for either red or purple stones, yes I jump on it! Figure that at worst I have my 7 powders back in the end, regardless of statue made with the second attempt.

So what you are requesting is to take a feature we occasionally have (statue reroll), but make it permanently available. I myself support that!

I think that there has to be some limiting factor, beyond those that you suggested. I don't believe people should be able to keep rerolling the same set of stones forever, until a desirable statue is produced. Something like 2 chances per statue (forced to deploy, store or salvage after second attempt), or 5 rerolls allowed in any week, or a 2 day cooldown after each reroll? Not sure what the limiting factor should be (just throwing out ideas for discussion).
    Last edited by rowman; 1 Week Ago at 04:34 PM.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    [#PR2P0R0C]
    And yes, that panda is indeed packing major heat! Visit my profile page
    /default photo album to see a larger image.

Fresh Spawn
    The limiting factor that you suggest is why I incorporated a "tax" if you will so that you still must make an educated decision and cost benefit analysis of losing 2 of the lesser Stones each time you choose to utilize the ability.
    Last edited by Murlin; 1 Week Ago at 03:50 PM.

That is true when cost is considered as a limiter, but one is directly bounded, while the other is not.

Currently, under The Trader, the reroll attemps are at zero cost, but are directly bounded and limited: Reroll only available when offered by The Trader for color stones I am interested in, and can only be exercised a set number of times when offered.

With your suggestion there is no set bounds on reroll attempts, nor timeframe on reroll availability. I could roll a statue for example, not like it, hold it in the Sculptor until I acquire 2 lesser stones, reroll it, and repeat forever, always rerolling the same stones by simply reacquiring the cost.

If the only thing I desired was a perfect GBE (and I do desire one, mine is a 41%) I would do that without hesitation, always rerolling and waiting to simply renew the cost to try again.
    Last edited by rowman; 1 Week Ago at 05:00 PM.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    [#PR2P0R0C]
    And yes, that panda is indeed packing major heat! Visit my profile page
    /default photo album to see a larger image.

You make 2 proposals. The 2nd one makes sense: build an MP statue, reclaim it back to crystals at a loss for a chance at a better statue. But is it necessary to get help with better guardians too? I say that as someone who didn't make my 1st GBE 17 until XP 61. But it feels like getting all those extra chances at every type and level of statue would make it too easy. Before long, everyone would have a lineup of perfect statues. Perfect TH and TD guardians are relatively common already. And you go thru a lot of shards to begin with so there are already lots of chances to make those.

The downside is you take chance away. Sure there are people who never seem to make perfect MPs even after a few years. But if you gift wrap the ability to accelerate the process of getting to the ones you want, then what's the point of keeping the statue system at all? Virtually everyone would get better statues earlier on in the game. Many maxed players earn 10-15 dark crystals per week from DrT, chest and boat and would be able to afford a 2nd attempt on every single dark MP made without even dipping into the reserves that many have saved up. It would be painless and maybe too easy to get the perfect ones.

There would have to be more limiting factors to it.

Fresh Spawn
    The 42% GBE is not fabled anymore a guy on my force has one 32% TD also
    Last edited by Joel4556; 5 Days Ago at 08:15 PM.