Thread: Balance to trap upgrades

Balance to trap upgrades

The spring trap costs 500,000 gold to upgrade to level 2, and adds only 1+ to the 15 spring capacity, wich feels like a super bad deal. Also, the seeking air mine costs 2,000,000 to upgrade to level 2, wich is like 10 times it's original cost to build. I feel like the traps are the last thing you would upgrade out of them all, so i think they should balance the costs and how much it adds to damage, spring capacity. Or simply, add more levels to traps.
    Pointless? I don't think so.
    Pls respect this thread.
    Last edited by LEGODAVID; August 12th, 2018 at 02:08 PM.

Traps are fine as is at the moment. Seeking Air Mines can cause a lot of damage at higher levels, so it makes sense that it will cost a lot. Spring Traps used to not have the option to upgrade, keeping it at a set capacity. Now people have the option to upgrade it giving them a chance to take out a few more troops.

Focus on other things to upgrade and leave the traps for last if you don't want to use the resources to upgrade them just yet.

Looking for an even balance between studies and Clash
    Having 16 spring space for a LV 2 Spring Trap is good because it's capable of getting 2 Valkyries, but I think later levels don't really do much. LV 4 can spring three Bowlers and/or Miners (thank you themariofan for pointing that out!), but LV 3 and 5 hardly make a difference. Perhaps LV 6 is needed at TH11 or 12 sooner or later (20 space may seem OP), but the upgrade costs are fine as is.

Seeking Air Mines are fine too.
    Last edited by DARDANIUS; August 13th, 2018 at 12:35 AM.

Credits to Planck for the awesome signature! Check him out here!

CoC Accounts: Darkwind™ (TH11) | DARDANIUS (TH10)
    Clan: CAESARS BOYZ (LV 12 - Crystal III) #YPU22PYG - Recruiting Today!
    Clashing since Jan 2014

Senior Member That Little Trophy's Avatar
    Belgium, a beautiful town. Here, you can find the best Fries, chocolate, beer and waffles ever!
    What's you are saying is the definition of clash of clans... Everything has a high price, look at the heroes... 200.000 dark elixer for 5 dps and 40 Hp. nothing to change about it.

OP. Please, hear me out.

What you think isn't pointless, will seem utterly RIDICULOUS if given any serious thought. No offence to you, but you had been responsible for a lot of threads that is extremely poor thought out. Given your logic, as EngelsReinout has said, EVERYTHING in clash is unreasonable. Why don't we start threads on how everything is not balanced? Walls cost millions per piece, which only adds a few hundred hp. Mind you, a single piece of wall.

Keep in mind, that the game developers have given every aspect of the game much more thought than you have. Balancing is not only based to what YOU as a player want. I feel like all the balancing threads you have started are for your own personal benefit.

Heck, here you are contradicting yourself. You complain that traps cost too much to upgrade, and you want more levels?

If this was implemented, you would be here in an INSTANT complaining how everyone has high level traps and your troops are being stopped because of it.

Pointless? I think so, and so does everyone else.

I suggest, we leave balancing to the CoC team, and give actual new ideas that can benefit the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DARDANIUS View Post
    Having 16 spring space for a LV 2 Spring Trap is good because it's capable of getting 2 Valkyries, but I think later levels don't really do much. Maybe LV 4 with 18 space, but LV 3 or 5 hardly make a difference. Perhaps LV 6 is needed at TH11 or 12 sooner or later, but the upgrade costs are fine as is.

Seeking Air Mines are fine too.
    Agreed, mostly.
    Level 2, like you said, is 2 valks.
    Level 3 gives you a prime number (17) and therefore doesn't give you much other than better ability to screw with a hero ability.
    Level 4 gives 3 bowlers, or 3 miners, or a witch with one bowler, or all of the barbs from a level 7 Iron Fist.
    Level 5 is another prime number, but I don't see a level 6 happening--at that point you're bouncing 4 giants.

As for the SAM, upgrading to level 2 allows for one-shotting a poorly placed non-maxed Warden (at level 30, he survives with all of 33 HP), as well as giving you an extra 5% HP off of a hound.
    Level 3 one-shots max Wardens and is yet another 5% off a hound. Both sets of upgrades seem pretty worth it to me.

Warriors are OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomedoreos View Post
    OP. Please, hear me out.

What you think isn't pointless, will seem utterly RIDICULOUS if given any serious thought. No offence to you, but you had been responsible for a lot of threads that is extremely poor thought out. Given your logic, as EngelsReinout has said, EVERYTHING in clash is unreasonable. Why don't we start threads on how everything is not balanced? Walls cost millions per piece, which only adds a few hundred hp. Mind you, a single piece of wall.

Keep in mind, that the game developers have given every aspect of the game much more thought than you have. Balancing is not only based to what YOU as a player want. I feel like all the balancing threads you have started are for your own personal benefit.

Heck, here you are contradicting yourself. You complain that traps cost too much to upgrade, and you want more levels?

If this was implemented, you would be here in an INSTANT complaining how everyone has high level traps and your troops are being stopped because of it.

Pointless? I think so, and so does everyone else.

I suggest, we leave balancing to the CoC team, and give actual new ideas that can benefit the game.
    Completely agree. Many of OP’s ideas can be rejected with simple thought and knowledge of the game. He wants respect for his ideas but doesn’t realize respect is earned.
    Quote Originally Posted by SAKhan View Post
    Yes, I agree that i used Mods but before the first Ban Wave then i deleted it in the fear that my account will get banned after that my account was not banned in the 1st Ban Wave then why was my Account Banned in the 2nd Ban Wave. This is not Fair Supercell Please Revoke My Ban.
    LOL

Looking for an even balance between studies and Clash
    Quote Originally Posted by themariofan View Post
    Agreed, mostly.
    Level 2, like you said, is 2 valks.
    Level 3 gives you a prime number (17) and therefore doesn't give you much other than better ability to screw with a hero ability.
    Level 4 gives 3 bowlers, or 3 miners, or a witch with one bowler, or all of the barbs from a level 7 Iron Fist.
    Level 5 is another prime number, but I don't see a level 6 happening--at that point you're bouncing 4 giants.
    Ah, I didn't even think about LV 4 being capable of springing three Bowlers.
    Last edited by DARDANIUS; August 13th, 2018 at 12:34 AM.

Credits to Planck for the awesome signature! Check him out here!

CoC Accounts: Darkwind™ (TH11) | DARDANIUS (TH10)
    Clan: CAESARS BOYZ (LV 12 - Crystal III) #YPU22PYG - Recruiting Today!
    Clashing since Jan 2014

Quote Originally Posted by DARDANIUS View Post
    Ah, I didn't even think about LV 4 being capable of springing three Bowlers.
    18 is one of those numbers that you wouldn't think would do anything of note--I had to think for a minute to realize that those are pretty meta-relevant bounces, in both multiplayer and war.

I think the cost of traps are ok. In my opinion spring trap is a waste of resources and time, I just upgrade it to lv 2 to get 2 valks, but upgrading it more is ridiculous, is almost imposible that 3 miners or bowlers step at the same time a spring trap. In the case of giants is different because they tend to agrupate to attack a wall or they walk around walls making more possible to get 3 at the same time. So I recommend you to upgrade only to lv2 unless you want to waste your resources.