Thread: How do you manage your farm?

How do you manage your farm?

Hey all!

Just wondering how you guys manage your farms?... Between the main farm, town and fishing area it's hard to keep up.

Me personally I am concentrating mainly on my farm, saving my tools for that area and expanding as I go along.

Once I am happy with my farm, I will move on to my town, expanding that as needed. Then I will concentrate on my fishing area, using my tools to unlock the fishing areas.

Well that is the plan anyway. I am not sure if that is the best strategy but that is what I am going with.

Just wondering what your strategy is?

Are you upgrading all areas as you go along, or are you concentrating on one section at a time? (Farm/Town/Fishing)
    https://discord.gg/XvgFe5G Join the Discord to collaborate with helpful farmers and neighbourhood
    Everyone is welcome and we will be more than happy to have you!

Pro Member
    There are so many ways to play that it almost is infinietly .
    A good TIP-of is , that the biger your barn and silo is compared to your level THE FASTER CAN YOU play ,
    My wife can do all things there is to do on both her farms in 35 minuts before she go to work ,
    She can do that because she produce all things on stock , and put it in hers enormous Barns and Silos .
    and dont have to waste a second on waiting for assiistance , She ne've need help to do a boat or same thing ,

It’s a long time ago now, but I prioritised opening fishing spots over land as there was enough land to fit the machines on and I didn’t buy deco for a very long time as I used the coins and diamonds on practical things. Fishing spots give you a return, land doesn’t.
    I bought all the machines as they became available, being sure to make enough coins at each level and not level up before I could afford them. I wheated a LOT to get expansion tools and traded to get them balanced.

I wish I had taken things even more slowly though. The ‘lower’ levels are FAR more fun with loads of new things. I’m level 144 now and you really have to make your own fun as there’s nothing new at all. Don’t rush!
    Level 140 (& 40+ Town)
    Achievements: 138/141 * Mastered: 38/39 * Barn/Silo: Never Big Enough!!

KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

Millennial Club
    Much depends on whether you want to be a serious derby player or not with your farm? If derby is going to be your thing, you really need to work all areas of your farm equally. You should certainly work your town hard, because it’s a great source of XP and expansion items to help the rest of your farm.
    If derby isn’t your thing, then take your time, work the bits you like, smell the flowers and buy pretty decorations. There no right or wrong way to do it
    Steve
    Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2
    Broken the mystical 100 champions league golds ďTeam first, my barn is your barnĒ
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

It is a juggle when you are still expanding/developing your areas and acquiring machines. As others have mentioned, it really depends on your playing style as well. I derby player requires a balanced setup since derby has tasks focused on all areas. Someone not focused on derby, can just focus on their farm and pick at the town and fishing areas intermittently.

The town with high reputation is a great area to play daily as a means for moving the goods you produce. Initially, it is tough and might not seem worth it. Just stick with it. Unless there is a coin or XP event, special puzzle boat, or a jewelry truck order, almost all of my goods are passing through my town for XP/coins for daily playing.

I really believe you should always be focusing on increasing barn and silo space. Even if it is one at a time.

Also, the farm helpers can really help if you don't mind spending the diamonds. I always struggled with keeping my farm animals fed - Rose takes care of that now so I don't have to worry about making feed.
    Level 105 Farm
    Event Data Nut
    All land expanded
    Barn: 4950 Silo: 4300
    9/12 Sanctuary Animals

Ditto what small change said. Level 171 here. Enjoy it play it how you want to and find a great neighborhood with great people in it because in the end it's the people that make or break the game.

Lucy.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Njoylife10 View Post
    ..... Enjoy it play it how you want to and find a great neighborhood with great people in it because in the end it's the people that make or break the game.

I agree

Level > 120
    ďI think I have a new favorite notification from HayDay: "Maggie will leave soon". >MasterKilde<

I focus on one area at a time. I do town one week and derby the next week. When I feel I am running out of space I’ll switch my farm into upgrade mode where I empty everything out of the barn, plant lots of wheat for the upgrade materials, and search the paper for anything else I can find.

The problem with this game is you can’t do everything at once, unless you want to spend all day searching the paper for stuff you might need.

Quote Originally Posted by SmallChange View Post
    Itís a long time ago now, but I prioritised opening fishing spots over land as there was enough land to fit the machines on and I didnít buy deco for a very long time as I used the coins and diamonds on practical things. Fishing spots give you a return, land doesnít.
    I bought all the machines as they became available, being sure to make enough coins at each level and not level up before I could afford them. I wheated a LOT to get expansion tools and traded to get them balanced.

I wish I had taken things even more slowly though. The Ďlowerí levels are FAR more fun with loads of new things. Iím level 144 now and you really have to make your own fun as thereís nothing new at all. Donít rush!
    This is almost exactly the way I played, except I started planting corn, I wasnít hardcore with it and Iíve never traded (though I have thought about it). Also, I didnít open the town for a very long time after it became available because it uses the same barn/silo/land expansion materials I needed for the main farm, and I was hoarding coins for the reasons SmallChange has outlined.

However you go, itís only imperative to do what almost everyone has advised...do what works for you and have fun.

I spy, with my lttle eye, something that starts with C.
    Wow, what a great read this thread is. I always thought things get better when you're a high-level player already. Because of what you guys said, I'm going to take my sweet time in playing. Thanks! I appreciate you sharing.

Farm name: Chicken of the Corn
    Tag: 8QVQVJP8Y
    Level: 54
    KiK: The_Belle_Tower