Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Archer attacks still lame

Certain more attacks now with archmin. It's just ruining the game having to wait 4 mins. I don't see a massive advantage in the strategy either.

Not blaming the players just hate the way the game punishes you in terms of wasted boost time and lack of being able to play while you have to wait

Quote Originally Posted by Doallyn View Post
    Certain more attacks now with archmin. It's just ruining the game having to wait 4 mins. I don't see a massive advantage in the strategy either.

Not blaming the players just hate the way the game punishes you in terms of wasted boost time and lack of being able to play while you have to wait
    Players who are good with ArchMin will consistently achieve 70% or better, 2-star results, even against maxed bases. That’s a pretty massive advantage.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Forum Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by Doallyn View Post
    Losing 4mins of your boost on one attack... it's pathetic.
    .. yet, we all play by the same rules, and are allowed to do whatever we want with our available troops.

YOU are even allowed to NOT attack while your Clock Tower is boosting! Imagine that!

/Affront
    TH12-56/57/23|BH8-16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16/25| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

I'd prefer if the archer had another not annoying ability, maybe extra range instead of that annoying cloak.
    Most attackers who use archers drop them one by one and enjoy watching them die one by one, most times they run out of time.
    Hungry Whale

We don't enjoy watching them dying. How can you even imagine that? I wish mine were inmortal.

Quote Originally Posted by asddib View Post
    I'd prefer if the archer had another not annoying ability, maybe extra range instead of that annoying cloak.
    Most attackers who use archers drop them one by one and enjoy watching them die one by one, most times they run out of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickV View Post
    We don't enjoy watching them dying. How can you even imagine that? I wish mine were inmortal.
    I dunno...I do kinda enjoy watching them die, but that’s just because I hate them so much....

It wouldn’t be so bad if they weren’t such a consistent performer in the right hands. Consider the players I feature in my videos; they absolutely rock it with the SAs, pulling 70% and better (2-stars) on a regular basis against maxed or near maxed bases. You just cannot argue with those results, especially with the wonky AI in this game. On my lower level games (BH4/BH5) I see much the same results, proportionally (lesser percentage, but enough to win consistently).

At least at BH8 you can no longer go in with an all SA army; supporting troops are needed (or you use the SAs as such). Back when BH5 was first released - before the SA nerf - it was just awful. The SA minstrels were typically pulling one star results, often not even at 60%, and using up all the CT time. There were enough that it really increased play time significantly.
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

Millennial Club
    @noc 70% consistently? is that at 6k range? currently im close to 5.3k and im seeing 61%-64% consistently including my own attacks. yes sometimes i do see 70% or even 72% but thats very rare. even a well executed bart can get over 74% but not consistently(especially on bases with changing traps even with an internet layout). except for youtube, i hav not seen 6k attacks. and most of youtube attacks are not consistent (at least thats how i feel) as failed attacks are not shown on youtube.

archmin is consistent but im not sure about the 70% on average thing.
    Last edited by arpithmania; 5 Days Ago at 04:20 PM.
    my edited posts most likely mean, i miss spelled or miss worded or forgot something.

speculation is the only thing we can do until anything is official. thats what the forums are for.

Centennial Club
    There are great players that use archers. There are great players that use barbs - there are great players that use air. the community needs to accept all strategies and not discriminate based on units

Quote Originally Posted by arpithmania View Post
    @noc 70% consistently? is that at 6k range? currently im close to 5.3k and im seeing 61%-64% consistently including my own attacks. yes sometimes i do see 70% or even 72% but thats very rare. even a well executed bart can get over 74% but not consistently(especially on bases with changing traps even with an internet layout). except for youtube, i hav not seen 6k attacks. and most of youtube attacks are not consistent (at least thats how i feel) as failed attacks are not shown on youtube.

archmin is consistent but im not sure about the 70% on average thing.
    5000+. I define “consistently” as right around 3 out of 4 times they use SA strats. It drops off a little bit the higher you go of course, but these players are absolutely killin’ it with their SA skills. At this point, I submit they are more the exception than the rule but they did not reach such levels of success without grinding through hundreds of failures...the same as those who are so very annoying at lower levels are currently doing.

The vast majority of replays I put in my videos happen at 5000+ trophies and 70%, 2-star is my standard cut off for adding to the videos. Early on, I use lower trophy rankings of course (season reset to 4K, not much choice) but even there I am usually picking max/near-max bases and players with PBs in the upper 5K-6K range. There are far more 70%+ replays that I do not use than those I do use, and that’s only because they all take up 3:15 or thereabouts.

I’ll tell ya...I can hardly imagine what the SA would be like if SC hadn’t nerfed her cloak when BH8 was released.
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)