Thread: Official sign

Official sign

Hi, when someone posts An idea at the 'feature, requests And ideas', everyone can say it's a good or a bad idea, but nobody knows that the idea Will be added to the game or not. Shouldnt it be better that there is an 'official' (by SC staff made) sign that says An idea Will be added it not?
    Last edited by EngelsReinout; 1 Week Ago at 11:23 AM.

No, because supercell could always change their mind about an idea that they're working on. If an idea is going to be added to the game then we'll know when it's actually added to the game. There's no reason to spoil a surprise.

We already have an extensive list of ruled out ideas that won't be added to the game though, not to mention the frequently requested ideas list.
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; 1 Week Ago at 12:21 PM.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    Boom Beach - maxed
    Clash of Clans | TH10 | Level 133 |
    Clash Royale | Arena 11 | 87/87 |

Agree with Phoenix, absolutely no.

I do not believe any company does that, nor would do that. That is placing them in a no-win situation.

Cutomer: I think the King and Queen should do a victory dance after a win.
    Supercell: We like that!
    [1 month later]
    Where is the dance, when will we get it?
    We have it in queue, development team is working other items previously identified for inclusion.
    [2 months later]
    Whaaaaaa! You promised a dance you lied!
    [3 months later]
    Give us the dance you promised!
    We coded it, but in test found it caused problems with the mooning Barbarians after victory that people also wanted.
    Then fix it and release it!
    We put that on hold for now, we have the team dedicated to the clouding, which we deem more important.
    [Weekly for next 5 years]
    Whaaaaaaa! Are we there yet?

Once they imply that they like an idea, they then become trapped in an endless cycle of statusing and explaining until delivered. It is far better as a buiness practice to announce or support something only after you know you can do it (coded and tested) and have an intended release date in mind.

Else you get a thousand kids piled into the back seat screaming "are we there yet".

The Commuity Manager is a liaison between the development team and the commuity, the person who passes information between the two. They are niether the coders, nor technical experts, nor the product manager. I am retired, but had a long career and was the manager of several development efforts. There were also liaisons between me and the end customers. If they ever had the audacity to make or even imply a commitment to the customer without passing it through me first (Is it even possible to do that, and if so, where would in lie within our priorities?) I would have fired them in a heartbeat. It was not in their roles and reposibilities, they did not have the knowledge to make such a decision, and they had no authority to do so.

Now for the flip side, what if they said they do not like an idea? Then what? People will want to know why that is. You tell them, yet the old adage some people never take no for an answer is true. So they think they continually have an answer: What if then you .....

The best way to contain a can of worms is to never open the can to begin with.

Now the decsion itself belongs to Supercell. I can only state If it was my decision to make, if I was the product manager, what would I decide? For reasons stated above, I would answer No way!
    Last edited by rowman; 1 Week Ago at 01:40 PM.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    [#PR2P0R0C]
    And yes, that panda is indeed packing major heat! Visit my profile page
    /default photo album to see a larger image.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Agree with Phoenix, absolutely no.

I do not believe any company does that, nor would do that. That is placing them in a no-win situation.

Cutomer: I think the King and Queen should do a victory dance after a win.
    Supercell: We like that!
    [1 month later]
    Where is the dance, when will we get it?
    We have it in queue, development team is working other items previously identified for inclusion.
    [2 months later]
    Whaaaaaa! You promised a dance you lied!
    [3 months later]
    Give us the dance you promised!
    We coded it, but in test found it caused problems with the mooning Barbarians after victory that people also wanted.
    Then fix it and release it!
    We put that on hold for now, we have the team dedicated to the clouding, which we deem more important.
    [Weekly for next 5 years]
    Whaaaaaaa! Are we there yet?

Once they imply that they like an idea, they then become trapped in an endless cycle of statusing and explaining until delivered. It is far better as a buiness practice to announce or support something only after you know you can do it (coded and tested) and have an intended release date in mind.

Else you get a thousand kids piled into the back seat screaming "are we there yet".

The Commuity Manger is a liaison between the development team and the commuity, the person who passes information between the two. They are niether the coders, nor technical experts, nor the product manager. I am retired, but had a long career and was the manager of several development efforts. There were also liaisons between me and the end customers. If they ever had the audacity to make or even imply a commitment to the customer without passing it through me first (Is it even possible to do that, and if so, where would in lie within our priorities?) I would have fired them in a heartbeat. It was not in their roles and reposibilities, they did not have the knowledge to make such a decision, and they had no authority to do so.

Now for the flip side, what if they said they do not like an idea? Then what? People will want to know why that is. You tell them, yet the old adage some people never take no for an answer is true. So they think they continually have an answer: What if then you .....

The best way to contain a can of worms is to never open the can to begin with.

Now the decsion itself belongs to Supercell. I can only state If it was my decision to make, if I was the product manager, what would I decide? For reasons stated above, I would answer No way!
    Wow, i never thought about it like this, i understand.

We’ll never know if it’s going to be added or not. It could he added in a week or in a decade for all we know.
    The only thing I desire in life is for Lach to accept my friend request