Thread: The miner vs skeleton problem

The miner vs skeleton problem

There is some issue with the miner AI when it comes to skeletons. No matter how many miners there are in a group when faced with a group of skeletons they all seem to attack the same one, one at a time, rather then each choosing one at random like they should.

The most egregious demonstration of this phenomenon I've seen was when a pack of 40 miners faced off agains a single witch from the CC. The 10 skeletons she spawned kept them occupied for the entire duration of the attack. They weren't near any defenses so they didn't die, they just sat in one spot killing the skeletons over and over. Before they killed the last one the witch would spawn more and they'd run to the same spot. The miners were just frozen. What should have happened is that 40 miners should have quickly cleared the skeletons and gone after the witch herself.

I also see this in normal attacks too with skeleton traps. An entire pack of miners will divert toward skeletons, but then sit there attacking them one at a time while they get fried by an inferno or pounded by mortars.

They should either attack them intelligently, or at least randomly, or ignore them like hogs/giants do. They shouldn't be drawn toward them and then frozen in place as all of them attack a single skeleton, dive, resurface and attack the next one in a giant clump.
    Last edited by Dan203; August 11th, 2018 at 04:58 AM.

Looking for an even balance between studies and Clash
    Sounds like you should bring a Poison spell with you in your attacks if you haven't been.

Credits to Planck for the awesome signature! Check him out here!

CoC Accounts: Darkwind™ (TH11) | DARDANIUS (TH10)
    Clan: CAESARS BOYZ (LV 12 - Crystal III) #YPU22PYG - Recruiting Today!
    Clashing since Jan 2014

Quote Originally Posted by DARDANIUS View Post
    Sounds like you should bring a Poison spell with you in your attacks if you haven't been.
    I do, but unless placed perfectly it doesn't always get everything. Like in the case of the witch. The poison took out all the other CC troops but because she is a bit slower and hangs back it didn't effect her. I actually sent all the miners in assuming they would take her out and move along to the rest of the base. That is not what happened.

With regular attacks peopke can have up to 5 skeleton traps. Unless you trip them all and draw the skeletons into a clump it's impossible to take them out with a single poison.

Like I said. The bug here isn't that skeletons attack miners, or that the miners attack back. The bug is that a pack of 40 miners will attack a pack of skeletons one by one. All 40 attacking a single skeleton. At the very least the AI should choose one at random so there would be a good chance of them choosing different targets.