Thread: Best strategy with super pekkas?

Best strategy with super pekkas?

Now that I have max pekkas, I have been using them quite a bit trying to figure out best strategies. I usually use 4-5 pekkas and 1-2 cannon carts. Spread the pekkas a bit on TH side and back up with carts. The pekkas are strong and get thru walls easily.

On the base design where TH very close to a corner, I use 2 camps of loons, 2 camps of minions to get TH. Then, 2 pekkas and BM on opposite side for percentage. Usually get like 65% 2 star vs max bases.

Anyone else use them and have success?

Lots of folks do. I have several videos with replays up on my YT channel (link in the sig). Depending upon where you are at in your game, the SP is particularly good in hybrid, on-the-fly, army comps as well.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Forum Hero
    Usually depends how the walls are set and how they funnel your troops as to how many SP you should bring.

I think they are too strong. The walkthrough my base especially when they explode between my teslas they all gone. May my defense is weak. Still have the th7 and th6 defense. But when explode they even take out my mortar

Quote Originally Posted by Squillydon View Post
    I think they are too strong. The walkthrough my base especially when they explode between my teslas they all gone. May my defense is weak. Still have the th7 and th6 defense. But when explode they even take out my mortar
    Nah. Not too strong. Defense levels matter. I have all but two firecrackers and a crushers to 8. A skilled attacker can do well but so can several other strategies. If anything, they are a bit underwhelming for the cost.

Centennial Club
    The final match in Builder base allstars season 8 saw two players pekka each other,

I do agree they may be a bit strong currently.
    Winner of battle hall 7 all star tournament streamed by Galadon and Itzu
    Winner of Clash Premier league bh7
    Bronze place finish in Builder clan battles

Quote Originally Posted by Curtisd2 View Post
    The final match in Builder base allstars season 8 saw two players pekka each other,

I do agree they may be a bit strong currently.
    What troop combo and attack plan?
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs can’t attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squillydon View Post
    I think they are too strong.
    Actually I think they are too weak. Maybe it's my base, but they (maxed) are always a 1 or very low % 2 star. Archers or minion-loon do better than that. My base isn't fully maxed yet.
    It's the only troop that I didn't upgrade because of its horrible performance.

I did not catch the final match of the all-stars tourney, but the key is in how they are used. For the most part, running an all SP army comp...doesn't work. Even the 4/2 PEKKA Carts strat has problems. Most of the high level players that use them, though, are only running 1 or 2 alongside other troops in the remaining 4 camps - that's a whole different ball game.

Case in point - Sometimes, I'll run a few camps of SAs, 1 SP, 1 Bombers, 1 CCs. The SP serves as a tank and distraction for the GC or other defenses while the remaining troops dismantle the base, piece by piece. It's a strong army comp. However, it only works in certain conditions for me; against other bases, I build a totally different army that may or may not include the SP. Then, there are bases that I would never use the SP against but I've seen some of my clanmates use it to great effect.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    For the most part, running an all SP army comp...doesn't work. Even the 4/2 PEKKA Carts strat has problems. Most of the high level players that use them, though, are only running 1 or 2 alongside other troops in the remaining 4 camps - that's a whole different ball game.
    I spent a week playing a hundred odd games after I maxed SP, its not a reliable strategy to have mostly SP in your army, there's more reliable and consistent troops.
    As you say, is best when only 1 or 2 used in very specific circumstances.

The way I generally approach most battles, is I assume all 6 camps are Archers, then I break down different parts of the base to see where it's better to have Minions, Carts, Pekka and to a lesser extent Bombers, Dragons, or Barbarians. I usually end up with 2-4 Archer camps.

The reason supercell did the buff on Pekka was because most people weren't using it, hope they don't nerf it in the future, it comes in very handy at times.