Thread: Queen Walk: With or Without the Warden?

Queen Walk: With or Without the Warden?

I am a new (2 day old) th11. I have seen many th11 queen walk attacks where they drop the queen and healers and then follow up with the warden. I have been using this strategy to farm and find that my healers often switch to warden, even when queen is right next to him and losing health quickly and warden is taking little to no damage.

Should I not be sending warden in with queen? Is that generally a bad idea?

Right now I’m farming with 150 gobs, 5 healers and 10 wallies so I’ll keep sending in the warden with queen with this army regardless, but am wondering more about for war attacks or other “real” attacks.
    Last edited by SantyPants; 1 Week Ago at 08:46 PM.

Millennial Club
    I never put down the warden with the queen during the walk for this very reason. When it goes bad, it blows the entire attack. Its a gamble that you sometimes do win though.

I always put my warden with my queen when I farm and I havent had the healers switch. Can you post a video of one of your attacks? The healers can switch if a sweeper blows them back. Usually, though, healers will switch when a unit near the healers (in this case your warden) starts taking more damage. Also, are your healers switching after you use your queen ability? Because if so the healers are switching because your warden starts to take damage while the queen is invisible.
    Last edited by GodlyMortal; 1 Week Ago at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyMortal View Post
    I always put my warden with my queen when I farm and I haven’t had the healers switch. Can you post a video of one of your attacks? The healers can switch if a sweeper blows them back. Usually, though, healers will switch when a unit near the healers (in this case your warden) starts taking more damage. Also, are your healers switching after you use your queen ability? Because if so the healers are switching because your warden starts to take damage while the queen is invisible.
    I’m not setup to record/download a video of the attack and post it. Suggestions on how to do this on an iPad?

I would expect the healers to switch to warden if he’s taking fire and losing health (like other troops) but they don’t seem to come back to the queen who is sitting right there and getting killed. For what it’s worth, I’d rather them let the warden die than the queen.

Edit: I just watched one attack. The warden is getting hit by 1 archer tower, the queen by 2. I guess the healers prioritize the warden?
    Last edited by SantyPants; 1 Week Ago at 10:19 PM.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyMortal View Post
    I always put my warden with my queen when I farm and I haven’t had the healers switch. Can you post a video of one of your attacks? The healers can switch if a sweeper blows them back. Usually, though, healers will switch when a unit near the healers (in this case your warden) starts taking more damage. Also, are your healers switching after you use your queen ability? Because if so the healers are switching because your warden starts to take damage while the queen is invisible.
    It's far from unusual that anyone would need to post pics of it.

The first time I did a queen walk in th11 i put the warden with the queen and the healers healed the warden and forgot the queen. The queen dies. And i said to myself: Well that wasn't a great idea.

Funny, I'm a fairly new TH11. I was queen walking with the warden behind the queen when I first started... and didn't realize the Warden set to AIR for days lol. He was getting taken out early by air defense and had no idea why. So, don't do that new ppl!

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SantyPants View Post
    Im not setup to record/download a video of the attack and post it. Suggestions on how to do this on an iPad?

I would expect the healers to switch to warden if hes taking fire and losing health (like other troops) but they dont seem to come back to the queen who is sitting right there and getting killed. For what its worth, Id rather them let the warden die than the queen.

Edit: I just watched one attack. The warden is getting hit by 1 archer tower, the queen by 2. I guess the healers prioritize the warden?
    They only switch if the hero theyre currently healing ever regains full health. Once on the wimpy warden, youll rarely see them switch back unless hes no longer taking hits.
    TH12...level 223...55/55/21...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 27 mil...atb 6032

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonatore View Post
    They only switch if the hero they’re currently healing ever regains full health. Once on the wimpy warden, you’ll rarely see them switch back unless he’s no longer taking hits.
    This would make sense. I will watch for this. Thanks!
    Last edited by SantyPants; 1 Week Ago at 12:41 AM.