Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Supercell invades our privacy by displaying Facebook names

Thanks for info, maybe Iíll give it a whirl, but still wondering if mistycreeks method no longer saves your game.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin9632 View Post
    i understand your concern, but it's fairly intentional, to put some real people behind the interactions. If it disturbs you, you can start a second Facebook account just for Hayday - which i think may people do.

For now, your objection is heard, but likely ignored.
    This is exactly what I did. I make an effort to keep my real life separate from my game life. I have a FB account and the name is the same as my farm, and it's strictly a game name, not actually "me". My "name" in my hood is also just a game name.

In this day and age, it's prudent to protect your identity. There are also, sadly, some players who do not behave as adults and have been known to cause problems for members of NHs, so this is yet another reason to protect the real you from the strangers you play with. Just my 2 cents in the FWIW category.

Having run across several perverts and plenty of grumpy people.....is exactly why I would never connect my fb to HD. You never truly know that other person even if you think you do. Privacy is paramount to me and imo my privacy should be paramount to SC but since it isn't then I have to make the choices that benefit me and my family and keep us safe.

Lucy.

Quote Originally Posted by Njoylife10 View Post
    Having run across several perverts and plenty of grumpy people.....is exactly why I would never connect my fb to HD. You never truly know that other person even if you think you do. Privacy is paramount to me and imo my privacy should be paramount to SC but since it isn't then I have to make the choices that benefit me and my family and keep us safe.

Lucy.

Agreed! I did it when I first started playing and soon realised it was a huge mistake. Unfortunately Supercell were unable or unwilling to help with certain situations which arose after that so I quickly got rid of the Facebook connection. It’s bad enough having a crazy player messaging me from multiple fake kik accounts but at least that’s easy to block.