Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tired of the same two base designs

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    And, unfortunate;y, the moment a somewhat unique design hits the playing field...it’s usurped by the collective and thoroughly worked over in just a matter of days.
    This kinda sucks, I never last more than a few weeks with the same base, always have to keep tweaking it, as I keep meeting the same top clans over and over, sometimes even the same player

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    As long as youbcan get a higher percentage on those same 2 boring base designs than your opponent can get on your awesomely creative design, you should be fine.

Don’t blame the 5 chunk walls on your failure to design a better base.

/Affront
    my response was about how you told op to enjoy 100%ting bases every single time & if he cant then that base is effective. im simply pointing out that its not effective even if the op does not 100% it.

as for your last line, i assume its directed at op and not me as i dont hav any problem with 5 section of walls.

as for doing custom bases, im just too lazy and/or i simply dont want to invest much time. i cant remember when was the last time i changed my main village base may be an year ago or may be more. in BB i did not changed my base in a month. and in last month i copied a good base which served me well to go under global 300(local 20). some times i rotate 3 of my bases but those other two are two months old i think. i may do a couple of traps here and there but im not gona spend my time doing full bases every week or so.
    Last edited by arpithmania; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:36 PM.

Forum Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by arpithmania View Post
    my response was about how you told op to enjoy 100%ting bases every single time & if he cant then that base is effective. im simply pointing out that its not effective even if the op does not 100% it.

as for your last line, i assume its directed at op and not me as i dont hav any problem with 5 section of walls.

as for doing custom bases, im just too lazy and/or i simply dont want to invest much time. i cant remember when was the last time i changed my main village base may be an year ago or may be more. in BB i did not changed my base in a month. and in last month i copied a good base which served me well to go under global 300(local 20). some times i rotate 3 of my bases but those other two are two months old i think. i may do a couple of traps here and there but im not gona spend my time doing full bases every week or so.
    When people complain about “limited number of bases” it’s usually because they are running 3 different very known internet bases and get mad when they get curb stomped every time.

With 1 chunk wall sections, their problems would be exactly the same, though the possibilities for other designs would be slightly increased.

Like you, arpithmania, I’m too lazy to design my own base. In fact, I’ll just copy a design from one of my clan mates and run with it until people wise up and figure out how to destroy it.

Granted, I’m floating around 4500, with troops and defenses done and 3 months worth of walls to finish.

Come the end of October, F2P players will have maxed out and the Builder Base will change over the coming months.

/Affront

I hate to say it, but there’s just no value in designing your own base. It works ok at lower levels but the higher you go, the more you find it just doesn’t work. At least, that’s been my experience. I’ve designed a bunch of bases and they never last up high. It’s been very disappointing, really. Instead, I’ve taken to just redoing the layout of an existing base design - I take the walls, perhaps the positioning of the BH, then switch up the rest with a focus on pathing, defending, and trapping.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

I run a "unique" base design. It works alright and I'm positive that I could climb trophies if I switched to one of the mainstream layouts. What's it going to net me though? A little extra gold and elixir for the storages? I guess that's something, but does that really matter? Everything is maxed except for walls. So my walls will be maxed a month sooner? I'd rather run a unique design and give my opponents a different look at the game to keep it a little fresh.
    #1: HQ-22 XP-65 VP-390 * GBE-40-17-17-17 TH-33 TD-30-13-13 BH-31 BD-36
    #2: HQ-22 XP-64 VP-380 * GBE-42-17-17-17-17 TH-29 TD-27-13-13-13
    XP: 130 * TH9 BK24/AQ25 3266 Best * BH8 BM25 5020 Best
    King Level: 12 * Best Season: Challenger II * Cards: 78/82 * Current Favorite: Balloon