View Poll Results: What do you think of theme derbies ?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love them! All of them.

5 7.69%
  • I like the idea but there are problems that need fixing

41 63.08%
  • I hate them, hope we never have another.

19 29.23%
  • I donít care! Whatís the derby again?

0 0%

Thread: Themed derbies - yea or nay?

Themed derbies - yea or nay?

Just curious what others think - I have mixed feelings here because Iíve really enjoyed some that had fun tasks in them, but these limited product repeats are just a miserable slog....please vote!

I would be totally fine with them if there was more task variety, especially across the task categories so the task blocker didn’t limit the number of types for big hoods,and if the the drop rate for 400 point tasks was increased a bit.
    Last edited by Dove2017; 1 Week Ago at 02:19 PM.
    Farm name: when doves cry
    level 131, town 45
    🌿🌿🌿🌿happy farming🌿🌿🌿🌿

The themed derbies that introduce different playing strategies - Blossom Derby, Bingo Derby, Mystery Derby (and probably others I can't remember right now) - are challenging and fun. The ones that simply limit task types, like the themed derbies, are just annoying unless your hood can agree to lower the task score limit.

In case anybody from Supercell reads this: They could improve the themed derbies by simply increasing the likelihood of a couple of themed tasks, and announcing that, so people will stack for those and spend diamonds when they forget to stack, but not decreasing the likelihood of the others, and especially not completely eliminating the fun tasks that got us addicted to the game in the first place (mining, town, help, boats, trucks).

Pro Member
    Mystery derbies are great, blossom derbies were ok once I understood them, bingo derby ok, prizes tedious , points only had one rewards too low but could be ok.

Some themed special derbies have been good, the ones with the town and potential 16 tasks, the last two have been a disaster

I have not responded to the poll, the question is too wide open.

It it would be much better if you changed it to just the last two themed derbies, Fishing Derby and the Summer Derby
    Last edited by Fatfinger; 1 Week Ago at 05:32 PM.
    Fat Finger Farm - Leader - Creative Fat Farm - #U0CRCQV
    Level 127, Town Level 42, 135 / 141 Achievements

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfinger View Post
    Mystery derbies are great, blossom derbies were ok once I understood them, bingo derby ok, prizes tedious , points only had one rewards too low but could be ok.

Some themed special derbies have been good, the ones with the town and potential 16 tasks, the last two have been a disaster

I have not responded to the poll, the question is too wide open.

It it would be much better if you changed it to just the last two themed derbies, Fishing Derby and the Summer Derby
    The problem is bigger than those two Laurence. Before that we had Party derby (the derby where party’s go to die), and then they renamed it birthday derby and wheeled it out again. Four successive themed Derbys, themed on mean and dull!

I have responded to the poll because I’m assuming “themed derby” means just themed derby, and not mystery/bingo/blossom derby (not that these are without balance issues too). Whatever the flaws those derby have, they are at least interesting to play. Every other week right now we have a derby that’s just killing the derby for so many players, and for some reason it seems Supercell are doing it on purpose.
    Steve
    Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2
    Broken the mystical 100 champions league golds ďTeam first, my barn is your barnĒ
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

Fresh Spawn
    These themed derbies suck. Not only the same tasks over & over, then the paper gets jammed with strawberries, berry pies, or whatever the repeating task is.

I like the idea but its boring to do same basket over and over again. Not to mention the daily dirt is full of those items for weeks (it feels so) after.
    Proud member of Miss Behaving and a Derby Addict

voted no themed derby. i just want peaceful farming, a less competitive and easy regular derby to help fill up free/waiting time... and of course lots of decorative items out for purchase on every season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dove2017 View Post
    I would be totally fine with them if there was more task variety, especially across the task categories so the task blocker didn’t limit the number of types for big hoods,and if the the drop rate for 400 point tasks was increased a bit.
    Me too! Plus, certain tasks which are announced to get more than 320 points would actually appear on the board (yes, I still have strawberry candles waiting in my machine for months now, and over 30 quesadillas from last themed derby)

KIK: bender_018
    Level: 106 (level 100 reached on 13. November 2017)

Looking for a new hood? Read here