Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: General Balance and Suggestions

Centennial Club

General Balance and Suggestions

The introduction of TH12 was a great success. There has been a lot of excitement around the game that has revitalized. There are still some room for improvements, however.

Wall breaker: with the introduction of the wall wrecker, they’re much less effective. The little bombs taking these guys out should be taken away to bring back some of their usefulness. Might be worth considering having it take 2 wall breakers for the max level of wall at each respective town hall.

Healer: lvl4 healers at TH10 are too weak. I would change lvl5 healers to the same as lvl4 before the last nerf, drop them to th10, and introduce a lvl6 that is the same statistically as the old lvl5. Very much approve of not adding a new lvl to TH12.

Dragon: I would like to see them somehow differentiated from 2x damage, HP, and housing space of a baby dragon. Give one more health and the other more damage.

Witch: I like the that another skeleton spawn wasn’t added at TH12, but their HP is way too high for TH9.

Bowler: lvl2 bowlers need more HP. It’s too close to the damage that a giant bomb does at TH10.

Lightning: It should be 1zap+1quake to take out an air defense. Would add an entirely new dynamic to base building and give dragons a big resurgence.

Jump: I would like to see a similar path as the freeze spell. Reduce the time from [20, 40, 60] seconds to [10, 20, 30] seconds and make the housing space 1. TH9 balance would be a concern, but there is plenty of room for defensive improvement there anyway.

Freeze: add a couple of lvls (maybe to lvl3) to TH9. It just isn’t that effective at such a low level right now. If it’s unlocked here, should make it worthwhile.
    Clone: drop lvl5 clone to TH10. The troop/spell utility ratio is pretty consistent through the town halls now. 30 troop space for 3 spell slots seems to be pretty much right. I think we’ll see some clone miners, hogs, and loons down at TH10 should this come down.

Poison: add a lvl6. Defensive cc troops got lvls, but the ability to slow them down got nothing.

Earthquake: in addition to the comments under Lightning, I would make walls take 3x earthquake spells. Also, note in game how much damage (as a %) each consecutive quake does so advanced players can more readily calculate what they would need to take out an area of the base.

TH9: add the next lvl of archer towers. This could still easily be kept as a competitive town hall level, but it’s just too easy now.

TH10: Might need to be made slightly more challenging if any of the above are put into the game. Hate to swap them back again but adding 5 DPS to xbows or dropping lvl4 infernos might be the easiest way to do it. Higher lvl infernos would make players more likely to use multi-target mode.

TH12: I think that keeping the map the same size hasn’t added enough defensive strength. I would love to see another inferno tower added. I think an additional spell slot (dark spell factory for 1x space) would be needed to combat but would make for some very interesting base layouts. I think an additional air-only defense with MUCH less DPS than a standard air defense. Air defense have become so powerful that balance would be a major concern with adding a 5th at some point. I would like to see how a 1x1 defense would affect loon pathing. That way it wouldn’t enlarge the map too aggressively.

Eagle artillery: The number of troops deployed should be proportional to the town hall level of the defensive player. Kill squads should be allowed to get bigger as higher town hall levels are released. The idea behind the defense was to promote multi-stage attacks, but the second phase is becoming an increasingly large percent of the troop composition so as to avoid activating the Eagle. In my opinion, 2 golems in a kill squad should be a possibility at TH12 without eagle activation.
    Last edited by Glans14; August 7th, 2018 at 07:33 PM.

This should be moved to IFR sub-forum

Bad ideas all buffs to offense you suggest will cause tie wars in almost all the scene, everybody complaining on how weak compared to the past is defense now and you are suggesting giving more firepower.
    My wars are getting perfect scores from one of both sides or tie around 80% of them... I use 2 th11 full 3 th10 full and some 9s.

My suggestions
    • Unlock ED on TH 12, Th11 is already perfect, but I think chain lightning is not good for it. I m not against the troop I m against the attack "chain lightning" on Th11.
    • Yeah, I think Freeze Spell need to be one lvl up at Th9. Makes it much more effective.
    • If EA doesn't count Siege Machines housing space that will be good for it. Reason cause it is a machine not a living being, then they are able to manage it from donation XP vise without thinking of EA.
    • Unlocks one more Inferno Tower and Air Sweeper on TH12
    • As far as I conserne the game is totally balanced till TH8. However I prefer bring freeze spel lvl1 to TH8, then TH8 will get it's own elixir spell.
    Last edited by InfiniteIshaan; August 4th, 2018 at 02:13 PM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by LaChampi0nsLiga View Post
    Bad ideas all buffs to offense you suggest will cause tie wars in almost all the scene, everybody complaining on how weak compared to the past is defense now and you are suggesting giving more firepower.
    My wars are getting perfect scores from one of both sides or tie around 80% of them... I use 2 th11 full 3 th10 full and some 9s.
    They're buffs to troops/spells that very infrequently get used. I agree that TH12 is too weak defensively, but that's not the point of this post. If those are your accounts that you listed, you spend too much time on this game. If those are the breakdowns of your wars, then yes, those town hall levels are intended to be much easier to 3*. It has always been that they top town hall level has been the most challenging 3* in the game. Defensive levels haven't kept up with offense, so we'll see how it plays out.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteIshaan View Post
    My suggestions
    • Unlock ED on TH 12, Th11 is already perfect, but I think chain lightning is not good for it. I m not against the troop I m against the attack "chain lightning" on Th11.
    • Yeah, I think Freeze Spell need to be one lvl up at Th9. Makes it much more effective.
    • If EA doesn't count Siege Machines housing space that will be good for it. Reason cause it is a machine not a living being, then they are able to manage it from donation XP vise without thinking of EA.
    • Unlocks one more Inferno Tower and Air Sweeper on TH12
    • As far as I conserne the game is totally balanced till TH8. However I prefer bring freeze spel lvl1 to TH8, then TH8 will get it's own elixir spell.
    I'm surprised they brought electrodragons to TH11 as well. I don't think it's overpowered and there are definitely other strategies that are getting more attention so I'm not too concerned.
    I like the inferno addition at TH12, but not sure about the sweeper. They're having a challenging enough time bringing dragons back into the game and this impacts them more than lavaloon.
    I honestly am indifferent with what happens to TH8 and below.

Quote Originally Posted by Glans14 View Post
    They're buffs to troops/spells that very infrequently get used. I agree that TH12 is too weak defensively, but that's not the point of this post. If those are your accounts that you listed, you spend too much time on this game. If those are the breakdowns of your wars, then yes, those town hall levels are intended to be much easier to 3*. It has always been that they top town hall level has been the most challenging 3* in the game. Defensive levels haven't kept up with offense, so we'll see how it plays out.
    Seldom get used? Bowitch is almost ubiquitous still, and freeze is widely used.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

Lol, add another inferno and air sweeper.... TH12 is perfect atm. It's difficult to 3 star, but high enough chance that you can use a 3 star attack on bases and get rewarded for a good attack. A guy above said another air sweeper, yeah good idea, that would completely kill any air attack and make bowithch the true only attack anyone ever uses.

Electro drags at th11 are fine, they aren't op at all at level 2 against a th11, no issues. Even level 3 can have a very hard time 3 starring a decent th11.

Poison does definitely need another level. Very hard to kill bigger cc troops now with their added hps and also more cc space at TH12. Even witches used to be a quick kill, but with their massive hp buff, they live way longer. I'm sure they will add another level with the next bigger update.
    Last edited by Micker99; August 4th, 2018 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micker99 View Post
    Lol, add another inferno and air sweeper.... TH12 is perfect atm. It's difficult to 3 star, but high enough chance that you can use a 3 star attack on bases and get rewarded for a good attack. A guy above said another air sweeper, yeah good idea, that would completely kill any air attack and make bowithch the true only attack anyone ever uses.

Electro drags at th11 are fine, they aren't op at all at level 2 against a th11, no issues. Even level 3 can have a very hard time 3 starring a decent th11.

Poison does definitely need another level. Very hard to kill bigger cc troops now with their added hps and also more cc space at TH12. Even witches used to be a quick kill, but with their massive hp buff, they live way longer. I'm sure they will add another level with the next bigger update.
    I'm against Chain Lightning because it destroy 5 buildings in a row, making very fast and easy to 3star at Th11.
    Last edited by InfiniteIshaan; August 4th, 2018 at 03:04 PM.

Banned
    Wallbreaker: fine the way it is. 3 Wallbreakers to break high level walls is needed. 2 or 3 is a huge difference. That way I always feel attacking bases with high level of walls remains having very thin error of margin in using wallbreakers.

Healer: no nerf of Healer healing to Heroes, unless someone can prove it.

Dragon: definitely no. Mass Dragons are for lower TH level and shouldn't have any changes that will promote people to use this strategy for TH11 or TH12 (we have Electro Dragon).

Witch and Bowler: I think both changes are contradictory. One is to nerf TH9 and one is to buff TH10, why? Both TH levels should be 3 starred anyway since we have TH11 and TH12 now.

Lightning: sure, just introduce a 5th Air Defense.

Jump: and this contradicts to the use of wallbreakers earlier in OP post.

Freeze: a changes to TH9 Freeze usage? TH9 shouldn't use any Freeze nowadays and don't have to attack any TH10.

Poison: already very good against max troops. No need for additional level as of now.

Earthquake: and this contradicts again to the use of Jump spell earlier, which already contradicts the use of wallbreakers.

Eagle Artillery: please no. 180 is the right balance regardless of TH11 or TH12. What need to change should be the space count of Wall Wrecker in regards to EA activation.
    Last edited by SilverX; August 4th, 2018 at 03:52 PM.