Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: General Balance and Suggestions

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Micker99 View Post
    Lol, add another inferno and air sweeper.... TH12 is perfect atm. It's difficult to 3 star, but high enough chance that you can use a 3 star attack on bases and get rewarded for a good attack. A guy above said another air sweeper, yeah good idea, that would completely kill any air attack and make bowithch the true only attack anyone ever uses..
    Most ideas I'm suggesting are to bring more troops to competitive wars. You have any opinions how TH12 will be once defenses catch up? I'm seeing a lot of LaLoon and it would be nice if other strategies were equally as viable for 3* attacks. I think this should be the strongest strategy as most would agree it requires to the most skill to execute reliably.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverX View Post
    Wallbreaker: fine the way it is. 3 Wallbreakers to break high level walls is needed. 2 or 3 is a huge difference. That way I always feel attacking bases with high level of walls remains having very thin error of margin in using wallbreakers.

Healer: no nerf of Healer healing to Heroes, unless someone can prove it.

Dragon: definitely no. Mass Dragons are for lower TH level and shouldn't have any changes that will promote people to use this strategy for TH11 or TH12 (we have Electro Dragon).

Witch and Bowler: I think both changes are contradictory. One is to nerf TH9 and one is to buff TH10, why? Both TH levels should be 3 starred anyway since we have TH11 and TH12 now.

Lightning: sure, just introduce a 5th Air Defense.

Jump: and this contradicts to the use of wallbreakers earlier in OP post.

Freeze: a changes to TH9 Freeze usage? TH9 shouldn't use any Freeze nowadays and don't have to attack any TH10.

Poison: already very good against max troops. No need for additional level as of now.

Earthquake: and this contradicts again to the use of Jump spell earlier, which already contradicts the use of wallbreakers.

Eagle Artillery: please no. 180 is the right balance regardless of TH11 or TH12. What need to change should be the space count of Wall Wrecker in regards to EA activation.
    Wall breakers, jump spells, and earthquake spells all have very different uses. The point is that the usefulness of breaking/jumping walls has diminished since the introduction of the wall wrecker. The finesse and investment of getting by walls provides less utility than it used to. I think that defense should get a buff to compensate, but these spells/troops are used far less regularly nowadays.

I don't understand what your healer comment means.

Why would they keep adding levels to dragons if they're not going to try and balance them out? There are so many defenses that take down dragons quickly that spam is not going to be coming back into the game. I'm not suggesting making them more powerful than electrodragons; just don't keep them obsolete except as a defensive cc troop.

Freeze is unlocked at th9... why make it useless?

Nerfing something at th9 and buffing at th10 isn't contradictory, it means that there is an imbalance between the troops at the different town hall levels. a lvl2 witch is much more effective against a th9 base than a th10, but is max level for both of those respective town halls.

Eagle: picture the release of TH15 with 320 camp space and 50 housing space cc. Should 180 still be the troop capacity that unlocks the eagle? The point of the eagle is that it promotes players using multi-phase strategies, but the size of the kill squad will need to incrementally grow as the base expands and more needs to be destroyed. Mass BoWitch is really the only strategy that's working now that is "drop and pray". The size of a GoBoHo kill squad should take more troops at TH12 than TH11 as there is more objectives that need to be cleared to deploy the hogs.

Lightning is never used the way it is (take 4 spell slots). It might be abused slightly in farming raids with the zap quake, but 3 spell slots is still a very large investment to take out an air defense. Taking out all 4 air defenses with 3 spell slots remaining still takes a very skilled attacker to 3* a base. There are so many powerful defenses at the high town halls.

Quote Originally Posted by Glans14 View Post
    Most ideas I'm suggesting are to bring more troops to competitive wars. You have any opinions how TH12 will be once defenses catch up? I'm seeing a lot of LaLoon and it would be nice if other strategies were equally as viable for 3* attacks. I think this should be the strongest strategy as most would agree it requires to the most skill to execute reliably.
    Almost all attacks are bowler witch combos. That's by far the easiest and strongest attack. Laloon is always good and always has been. Electro drags aren't 3 starring anything in war th11 or 12 without a really bad sweeper placement, ground x-bows etc. They could use a buff if anything. Hogs are good, could use a little buff, as well as miners. Gotta make the other troops as successful the bowler/witch combos that are 90% of attacks now. People are always going to use whatever the strongest attack of the day is.
    Last edited by Micker99; August 5th, 2018 at 05:22 AM.

Almost all attacks are bowler witch combos. That's by far the easiest and strongest attack. Laloon is always good and always has been. Electro drags aren't 3 starring anything in war th11 or 12 without a really bad sweeper placement, ground x-bows etc. They could use a buff if anything. Hogs are good, could use a little buff, as well as miners. Gotta make the other troops as successful the bowler/witch combos that are 90% of attacks now. People are always going to use whatever the strongest attack of the day is.
    what kind of wars do you participate in that bowitch is 90% of the attacks?

lalo is great, i agree on electro drags (they work against bad sweeper/xbow on ground bases) but i don't think they need buffed.

i really don't think hogs or miners need a buff. miners struggle against anti 3s but they decimate anti 2s so i see no problem with them. if a base has skeleton traps set to air then miners do work.

hogs are amazing though, there is no need to buff them or they would be unstoppable from anyone with a brain.

i still don't think bowitch is 90% of attacks, i'd say around 50%. lalo or hog raids are much more reliable for 3 stars against th11/12
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 18 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH12 - K60/Q56/W30
    Fire - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20
    Inferno - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20

No to all offensive buffs at th10. Before the WW, my clan used to get like 30-40% th10 3 stars...now they get 90%...I agree the bases we face in war are crappy at best but still.
    Th11 deserved a new troop. That being said, th12 does warrant something exclusive. Maybe a new DE troop of 40 troop space or something (so it can't be donated).

Centennial Club
    Almost all attacks are bowler witch combos. That's by far the easiest and strongest attack. Laloon is always good and always has been. Electro drags aren't 3 starring anything in war th11 or 12 without a really bad sweeper placement, grohund x-bows etc. They could use a buff if anything. Hogs are good, could use a little buff, as well as miners. Gotta make the other troops as successful the bowler/witch combos that are 90% of attacks now. People are always going to use whatever the strongest attack of the day is.
    Players are going to use the strongest attack of the day, which puts in on the developers to balance troops out as best possible so variety of comps are used. Iíve seen a lot of hog action, but I donít like miners anyway so Iím indifferent. I think they did the right thing with witches by not adding another skeleton spawn, but maybe too much with health and DPS. Wasnít sure bowlers needed a new level either.
    Last edited by Glans14; August 5th, 2018 at 07:13 PM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by USinha02 View Post
    No to all offensive buffs at th10. Before the WW, my clan used to get like 30-40% th10 3 stars...now they get 90%...I agree the bases we face in war are crappy at best but still.
    Th11 deserved a new troop. That being said, th12 does warrant something exclusive. Maybe a new DE troop of 40 troop space or something (so it can't be donated).
    The goal with release of TH12 was to make TH 10 easier. Maybe a little far, but there are a lot of viable compositions. Never see dragons used though. Just want all troops to be viable against the right base. Not some troops viable against all bases.

Posted a couple ideas for new TH12 troops here: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...roops-for-TH12
    Last edited by Glans14; August 5th, 2018 at 07:12 PM.

Another inferno would break th12 sadly. No one has max defenses yet. Keep waiting. If nothing was upgradable, Iíd be all for it. But thatís not the case. Most of us havenít attacked full blown max bases yet.
    Last edited by twinblade123; August 5th, 2018 at 07:15 PM.

Centennial Club
    I agree on many of your suggestions. I wouldn't make air defs zappable with only 1 lightning and 1 eq though, it'd be too easy with dragons.

And for the jump, interesting idea. I think it'd be most important that the troops see a jump spell as a "open wall" as if it weren't there -, now they usuall go around to buildings slightly further away because they see the jump spell as a longer path. But 1 housing space definitely would be interesting.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by twinblade123 View Post
    Another inferno would break th12 sadly. No one has max defenses yet. Keep waiting. If nothing was upgradable, Iíd be all for it. But thatís not the case. Most of us havenít attacked full blown max bases yet.
    Iíve been wondering what people thought about that. I would add an additional spell slot to compensate. They didnít add the spell slot to TH11 right away either, but hoping they will. Like more troops and more spells with each additional town hall level.