Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supercell no longer cares what we think about derby or game

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryP67 View Post
    Hello All,

I think, it is a great problem with the waste of diamonds, too.
    The non-wasting hoods are bitten in the back, against those who getting their diamonds from several (dark??) channels.

The only way to get out of this dilemma, is to split the Champions League, into several divisions, that are filled with hoods every week, by evaluating the average use of diamonds in the last 4 weeks.

So, there could be a dicision with hoods, that have use less than 300 diamonds, the next division is filed with hoods that have used 301 to 500 diamonds, 501 to 750, 750 to 1000 and so on.
    I am sure, SC has the possibility, to count the amount of diamonds, that is used by a hood in a derby.

This will bring more transparency and fairness between the hoods and their type of playing derby.

Greetings from the Black-Forest in Germany,

Gary
    Used diamonds for what Gary?

All diamonds ??
    Just diamonds for derby tasks? - how are they gonna tell what is spent on tasks and what is spent on say, rushing event trains or boats?
    Where do diamonds for expansion slots, Tom, Rose, Ernest etc fit in??
    Large hoods will inevitably use more diamonds than small ones

Not a simple equation I feel. Besides, Supercell isn’t going to initiate anything that might lead to people restricting the diamonds they spend to try and get into an ‘easier’ derby race.
    Steve
    Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2
    Broken the mystical 100 champions league golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

I use diamonds to what i believe is reasonable. Have been playing solo, have been playing in a small and large hoods.

Never even once has the derby been won (and all these hoods, including me as a derby racer, are very competitive, so, yes, we usually win) because of diamonds.

The secret is being prepared and team orientated.

But i feel this has already been said many times by different players.

And yet, there will always be those who think that every hood ahead of them by large difference in points is there because they 'cheat' and use diamonds. Human nature, I suppose.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by ninagrozdanovic View Post
    I use diamonds to what i believe is reasonable. Have been playing solo, have been playing in a small and large hoods.

Never even once has the derby been won (and all these hoods, including me as a derby racer, are very competitive, so, yes, we usually win) because of diamonds.

The secret is being prepared and team orientated.

But i feel this has already been said many times by different players.

And yet, there will always be those who think that every hood ahead of them by large difference in points is there because they 'cheat' and use diamonds. Human nature, I suppose.
    Spot on Nina, we prepare and play as a team, often winning by large margins .... and not using diamonds to rush the board or rush tasks. Yes of course it’s some people’s personal choice to speed the odd boat, hire Tom etc, but the only diamonds we expect people to spend is for the extra task.
    last themed derby we were racing two other 100+ gold hoods, and affer 36 hours we were over 20k ahead. I’m sure they thought we were burning diamonds like mad, in reality we were just well prepared and completing baskets and production tasks instantly, leading to a great stream of 400 tasks.
    Steve
    Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2
    Broken the mystical 100 champions league golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

Quote Originally Posted by mdcfc View Post
    Spot on Nina, we prepare and play as a team, often winning by large margins .... and not using diamonds to rush the board or rush tasks. Yes of course it’s some people’s personal choice to speed the odd boat, hire Tom etc, but the only diamonds we expect people to spend is for the extra task.
    last themed derby we were racing two other 100+ gold hoods, and affer 36 hours we were over 20k ahead. I’m sure they thought we were burning diamonds like mad, in reality we were just well prepared and completing baskets and production tasks instantly, leading to a great stream of 400 tasks.
    Exactly, Steve.

I’ve been curious about this issue of whether or not some people/NHs spend diamonds to win derbies. So I did a test in the last themed derby (I think it was called Summer Derby—the one with the beach deco prize). The only diamonds I was willing to spend were for the 10th task, and I planned things so that I’d get the highest possible score without using any other diamonds.

As a solo player in the CL, I stacked for as many quick 400-point tasks as I could: 4 basket tasks and 4 production tasks, for a total of 8. For my 9th and 10th tasks, I chose 320-point individual townie tasks that I’d prepped for. I then waited on starting the derby until it was less than 30 minutes before the end, so that nobody could get any additional themed (more than 320-point) tasks without using diamonds. In order to place ahead of me, someone either had to do the same thing I did—but faster—or they had to use diamonds to get an additional themed (more than 320-point) task on the board after completing the tasks they’d stacked for.

I was the first person to reach my score, but I came in second. The first-place player did a last-minute themed task to get a higher score than mine—and that was only possible by using diamonds. I don’t object to people doing that, and I don’t assume that the derby winners always use diamonds. But clearly some people do.