Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SC you should reassess the cost of books

SC you should reassess the cost of books

Right now, since the upgrade time reductions, for Th10 or below, there is no advantage as to the cost of Books VS. just spending the gems outright. If you want to incentivize players to spend gems at the trader for book offers, book price needs to be reduced.

(unless of course you only want TH11+ spending gems on Books, which I suppose is possible, although the rationale eludes me)

Forum Veteran
    Hmm, interesting.

Probably at work not working clearly. Doh!
    Books are free if your clan achieves the relevant tiers in games. Gems you pay for apart from the limited amount given in games. Why would you buy books at the trader at TH10 or below? Makes zero sense to me with the current upgraded time reductions.

My mini is TH10 - I would not use a book on any of the upgrade times tbh except to clear space in treasury to stack another book. To maximise the effect of a book you should use it on a 14 day upgrade with the exception of heros and maybe lab.
    Last edited by Damiz; July 29th, 2018 at 11:56 PM.

Upgrade books (e.g. Heroes/Building) from the Trader are simply means to an end - they require no further incentivization other than ones need to utilize and pay the cost for an upgrade if they deem that important enough to use this particular route.
    Dogmatix | TH12 - The Final Frontier |

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiz View Post
    Books are free if your clan achieves the relevant tiers in games. Gems you pay for apart from the limited amount given in games. Why would you buy books at the trader at TH10 or below? Makes zero sense to me with the current upgraded time reductions.

My mini is TH10 - I would not use a book on any of the upgrade times tbh except to clear space in treasury to stack another book. To maximise the effect of a book you should use it on a 14 day upgrade with the exception of heros and maybe lab.
    OP certainly want to spend money in the game the best way, so his concern is totally valid, free to play players should thx him

Banned
    The books you get from the trader need to be tiered price wise by TH level. At TH8 for example the BoS, BoF and BoB cost more than gemming it. TH9 not many things that would cost more to gem than purchasing a book. Maybe 2-4% of things to build/research. TH10 maybe 10-15% of the stuff and TH11 maybe 30-40%.

Making a book cost 400 gems at TH8, 550 at TH9, 750 at TH10 and keeping it the same for TH11 and TH12 as it currently is would likely generate more purchases. Right now at TH8 and TH9 it just isn't worth it or practical to purchase books.
    Last edited by KiwiNoob; July 30th, 2018 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    OP certainly want to spend money in the game the best way, so his concern is totally valid, free to play players should thx him
    Ok should be happy it's cheaper to buy gems than books at his level. Whether you use books or gems, as long as you get get good value...

Banned
    agree, I wouldn't buy a book of building for 1k gem when I can gem most of the buildings for 600 gems.

Centennial Club
    Cost of books are supposed to be a cheaper alternative for high level Town Halls to progress. If you are low enough to where the cost of buying books is the same as just spending gems to instantly complete the upgrade, then you are too low for the books to have any value at the price they are offered. Complete your upgrades, and progress to the next Town Hall is the best any Super Cell employee will tell you to do.

I'm fine with the price of books at the trader, but the occasional offers are a different story. I currently have an offer of 2 fighting books and 370k DE for $50. That's absolutely silly. Book at the trader is 975 gems, or a little over $8 IIRC. AT my current TH 11, that's better than just gemming. I realize 370k is a nice chunk of DE but $34 worth? No way I'd even think of it. I might consider the deal for $20 if I hadn't went threw my blow money yet. $50 is insanity.