Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: MDCFC’s QMT.. go on ask me, I dare you!

Hi Steve, thanks for participating. I also would like to say, thanks for serving your country.

You are a very passionate player and love to win. Have you also entered your cakes and other desserts in contests, and if so, did you win?

If the internet went away for 1 year, what would you miss the most? And what would fill the HayDay void?

Has your work in the BioMedical field (I hope I got that right) led to any significant discoveries or advancements that you are allowed to tell us? If so, what?

Do you prefer living in - 1) big city; 2) small town or village; 3) a country cottage?

Were you able to salvage any of the Salted Caramel Chocolate Cake for yourself?

If you could transform into any animal, what would you choose and why?

Tell us one thing about yourself we might be surprised to know.

And lastly, do you play any of the other SC Games?
    Level 158
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MissBehaving View Post
    Ever been to Mexico?
    Haha, ok not authentic Mexican, but a vague theme
    Steve: Hayday Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2. 150+ golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players
    CoC coleader Fat Kitty Stars #28Q99R2P9 active clan, learning together and having fun

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    My oh my.

First the dare. 
    Then this. “I did have at great great great uncle who died at the Battle of the Little Bighorn. He wasn’t actually in Custers regiment, he was camping in adjoining fields and went over to complain about the noise!...“ 
    Then THIS. “...the last person to enter Parliament with honest intentions was Guy Fawkes.” 藍藍藍

Thanks for the laughs!

Q1: What happens to all the other people (NOT me!) who have in defiance dared to ask you questions?

Q2: Is the story about the great great great uncle true?

Q3: Was Guy Fawkes related to the great great great uncle?
    1. Absolutely nothing at all .... or maybe they should all start sleeping with one eye open??

2. Absolutely not but it’s a gag that makes me chuckle. If any relative of mine had been at the Little Bighorn, he probably have been the bugger who started the fighting!

3. I’m not going to admit any relationship to Guy Fawkes. I have a former colleague who is a yeoman warded at the Tower of London (Billy Beefeater - look him up on YouTube). He assures me that they still have all the medieval torture gear that would have been used to interrogate the likes of Guy Fawkes, and a good number of his family members!!!
    Steve: Hayday Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2. 150+ golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    CoC coleader Fat Kitty Stars #28Q99R2P9 active clan, learning together and having fun

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    Hi Steve, thanks for participating. I also would like to say, thanks for serving your country.

You are a very passionate player and love to win. Have you also entered your cakes and other desserts in contests, and if so, did you win?

If the internet went away for 1 year, what would you miss the most? And what would fill the HayDay void?

Has your work in the BioMedical field (I hope I got that right) led to any significant discoveries or advancements that you are allowed to tell us? If so, what?

Do you prefer living in - 1) big city; 2) small town or village; 3) a country cottage?

Were you able to salvage any of the Salted Caramel Chocolate Cake for yourself?

If you could transform into any animal, what would you choose and why?

Tell us one thing about yourself we might be surprised to know.

And lastly, do you play any of the other SC Games?
    Thank you Momscar, it was my honour to serve.

I am super competitive but have never entered any sort of cooking contest. Somebody tried to enter me into The Great British Bake-off, but when it came to it I wouldn’t have been allowed to enter because I run a home business baking and decorating cakes. That means I’m not an amateur. Just as well really, because I have a face for radio, swear like a trooper, and would probably have punched Paul Hollywood!

No internet for a year (shudders at the thought) I volunteer as a community first responder for the ambulance service, so I guess I’d cover more hours with that. The garden would probably get all the attention it deserves. I’d finally find time to teach myself to paint in water colors - something I’ve been promising myself to do for the last couple of years.

I spent 3 years working at Porton Down in trauma research, doing a variety of interesting things, but most of them are classified. So I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you I did develop a new immunofluoresence assay for the national blood service to detect a parasite called Trypanosoma Cruzi in blood donors. As soon as it was ready to go into use, a commercial company released a better and faster nuclei acid based assay, so the blood service adopted that.

I live in a lovely rural village on the edge of the New Forest national park, so definitely become a country boy now.

The salted caramel cake didn’t make it!

Animal - either one of my dogs. They are adored and lead a wonderful relaxing life of luxury.

One surprising thing about me ..... I once got into hot water with my Regimental Sergeant Major for for a dare that wasn’t appreciated by the powers that be. I cralwed under a convoy of parked cars to “borrow” the royal pennant from Princess Anne’s car when she was visiting my military unit.

I don’t play any other SC games, running a large competitive hood is enough of a time sink already. I still have to do some grown up stuff from time to time with commitments other than my baking. Retire early they said, it’ll be lazy fun they said LOL
    Last edited by mdcfc; July 28th, 2018 at 05:25 AM.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by mdcfc View Post
    ...Clearly the primary responses on game support are often quite sappy and don’t address the issues. Cut out all the patronizing “have an amoozing day” garbage, just actually read the request and answer it directly, and treat the player like an adult. There seems a lack of common sense in the responses, leading to escalating messages back and forth. If I ask a question about drop rates in a derby, I don’t need a lecture on how to trash a task - even a cursory look at my record would show that a lev 120+ player leading a hood in the leaderboard top 50, probably knows how to trash a task!
    I'm puzzled why Player Support is so inconsistent with the pervasive puns. Either use them on all occasions or don't use them at all. Several forumites including you are reporting that they're still using puns as icebreaker while I haven't experienced it the last four times I contacted them in the past few months.

I don’t really understands the relationship between the forum and SC. One is given the impression by support that expressing feedback on the forum is what they encourage, yet there seems very little engagement with the forum from SC, leading to player frustration. Improve that connection to improve players engagement with the HD team, make us feel valued as customers.
    I'm speculating that Team Hay Day is using the forums like a focus group so communication is one way. We'll never know how many members of THD are standing in the shadows behind the one-way mirror and reading our feedback but they won't enter the room because they don't have time to have conversations with us; their priority is developing the game. The exception of course is Nick, Frisco, and Cami when they released the Q&A video to all players.

BTW, Stephan, if you're reading this and you're still the Game Lead, we know what you look like thanks to your appearance in the #GirlsTakeover video published in 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f61jjPaW5f8

There’s a little bit of love in every cake I do, so I’m not sure I could bring myself to fulfill a commission from SC LOL.
    Nick still has time to find another baker to create a birthday cake celebrating HD's tenth birthday.

...No - because I struggle with Shakespeare to be honest.
    May I ask if you meant just watching his plays performed or reading sonnets also?

...Yes. Last night of the Proms - amazing atmosphere and celebration of all things British. Plus I love the iconic British composers like Elgar.
    Do you know if Gilbert and Sullivan's operetta "HMS Pinafore" was ever performed at the Proms?

...I dont think you’ll find that many people in the Uk that admire our parliamentarians at least. It’s often said that the last person to enter parliament with honestly intentions was Guy Fawkes.
    The caffeine from my tea hasn't kicked in yet because I've missed the perfect example of British dry humor and it's making me thirsty. Now I'm ROTFLOL because I just realize Guy Fawkes wasn't a well-known MP but was part of a conspiracy to blow up Parliament. The fifth of November was designated as Guy Fawkes Day in the UK. LOL, thank you Google.

When I got home I started to watch the ceremony on TV, but 15 mins into the American pastors religious diatribe I couldn’t take any more.
    LOL, different strokes for different folks.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11667314

Quote Originally Posted by mdcfc View Post
    ...I don’t play any other SC games, running a large competitive hood is enough of a time sink already. I still have to do some grown up stuff from time to time with commitments other than my baking. Retire early they said, it’ll be lazy fun they said LOL
    Please describe how you manage your hood during a non-themed derby. Do you rely on neighborhood chat or another app such as Line or Discord to coordinate your hoodmates?
    Last edited by LynnK2015; July 28th, 2018 at 04:47 PM.
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    I'm puzzled why Player Support is so inconsistent with the pervasive puns. Either use them on all occasions or don't use them at all. Several forumites including you are reporting that they're still using puns as icebreaker while I haven't experienced it the last four times I contacted them in the past few months.

The inconsistency is frustrating, I’ve had some great responses, then suddenly one throwback to the pervasive puns ��

I'm speculating that Team Hay Day is using the forums like a focus group so communication is one way. We don't know how many members of THD are standing behind the one-way mirror and reading our feedback but they won't enter the room because they don't have time to have conversations with us; their priority is developing the game. The exception of course is Nick, Frisco, and Cami when they released the Q&A video to all players.

BTW, Stephan, if you're reading this and you're still the Game Lead, we know what you look like thanks to your appearance in the #GirlsTakeover video published in 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f61jjPaW5f8

Totally understand the inability to engage in conversation on every little post, and using it as a focus group. However, support telling us to post our views or concerns on the forum, creates an expectation of engagement in players. In my view, it’s better not to ask someone to voice their opinion, rather than ask them to voice it and then appear to ignore it.

Nick still has time to find another baker to create a birthday cake celebrating HD's tenth birthday.

��

May I ask if you meant just watching his plays performed or reading sonnets also?

Both I’m afraid Lynn�� The Bard was standard curriculum in English Lit in my schooldays, his literary genius was lost on my immature teenage brain. Since then I have never read any of his works - other than to try and memorize a couple of his more inspirational speeches from Henry V. St Crispins day speech and the rallying speech at the breach in the walls of Harfleur appeal to my patriotic nature, and also to my fascination with military history and the Hundred Years War. I have seen outdoor performances of Midsummers Nights Dream and Macbeth at the Minack theatre in Cornwall, and wasn’t more moved by the amazing venue than the actual performances. Somewhere definitely worth of a visit if you are in the UK.

Do you know if Gilbert and Sullivan's operetta "HMS Pinafore" was ever performed at the Proms?

Apparently it was �� https://youtu.be/odBDjYK1gz4

The caffeine from my tea hasn't kicked in yet because I've missed the perfect example of British dry humor and it's making me thirsty. Now I'm ROTFLOL because I just realize Guy Fawkes wasn't a well-known MP but was part of a conspiracy to blow up Parliament. The fifth of November was designated as Guy Fawkes Day in the UK. LOL, thank you Google.

��

LOL, different strokes for different folks.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11667314

Indeed, each to their own.

Please describe how you manage your hood during a non-themed derby.
    In truth, regular Derbys the hood requires minimal management. I have 29 excellent self sufficient players, all level 80+, who have all bought in to our core teamwork ethos. Our derby expectations are very clear and I never chase people to do tasks, if anyone needs that they aren’t suited to our team. Once we know how many are opted in (typically around 25-27) we start with 320 tasks only, assess the quality of our opposition, and monitor how many points they are dropping. Once it’s clear what we have to beat, we may drop the points threshold accordingly. We monitor other teams throughout the derby and alter our strategy accordingly when required. The occasional error may throw a spanner in the works of course, so we try to be supportive and work to recover that winning position.
    From then on it’s simply encouragement, setting a personal example with teamwork, the occasional reminder of our daily task limit and the odd rejoinder to ensure those with most to do get the quicker tasks towards derby end.
    We don’t have drama or confrontations, there is zero tolerance on that! Should I sense any irritations I try to head those off by PM immediately, nip problems in the bud. I get a few enquiries about joining us every week, and while vacancies are scarce I will spend time screening anyone who requests, and assessing their suitability etc.
    Sounds like a doddle right? So what’s don’t I play Clash? ����
    Special derbies are another matter altogether ��
    We do have a messenger group as an additional comms route but it’s useful for one to one issues, but not compulsory. Not everyone uses Facebook So neighbourhood notification serves to convey weekly strategy.
    Last edited by mdcfc; July 28th, 2018 at 07:28 PM.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #17
    Hi Steve - my turn now...

It's great that you referred to the Minack Theatre - I saw a performance there once; it's an amazing venue. I've heard an actor say that its the only place that your performance can be upstaged by a pod of dolphins! For those who are not familiar, this will give an idea: https://www.minack.com

Anyway, to the questions:

1. Your favourite TV chef? Please explain why

2. You've mentioned gardening. If you ever have the time to do it properly, what would be your focus: vegetables; flowers; something else?

3. How long have you been playing Hay Day?

4. What made you start playing HD?

5. Do you have a bucket list?

6. Do you have anything that has to be "just so"? (For example, do you have a ritual for making a really good cup of coffee?)

7. Is there anywhere in the world that you would like to visit, but haven't yet?

8. Is there any food that you would not eat, under any circumstances?

Thanks!

Hay Day level 174 (main farm) - I have several others
    Boom Beach experience level 51

Forum Veteran
    Hi Steve - my turn now...

It's great that you referred to the Minack Theatre - I saw a performance there once; it's an amazing venue. I've heard an actor say that its the only place that your performance can be upstaged by a pod of dolphins! For those who are not familiar, this will give an idea: https://www.minack.com

Hey Cowslips, thank you for taking the time to pose a few questions. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a more stunning arena for performance art. If you’re ever back in the west of England, there’s another interesting venue called the Carnglaze Caverns, nearer to Plymouth. There are three large caves that were formed by slate quarrying, used by the British Navy to store essential rum supplies during times of war. Great acoustics, I saw the west of England opera company perform Carmen and The Barber of Seville there, complete contrast to Minack but wonderful in its own right.

Anyway, to the questions:

1. Your favourite TV chef? Please explain why

Do I have a favorite? ..... that’s a difficult question, I enjoy watching quite a few. I admire Jamie Oliver for removing the mystique from cooking and making it more accessible to ordinary people. He makes cooking simple and passionate, but I’m often a little disappointed with his recipes and a lack of flavour. I guess Nigella Lawson would be my favourite to watch on TV .... can’t think why LOL. Plus her recipes are pretty damn good.

2. You've mentioned gardening. If you ever have the time to do it properly, what would be your focus: vegetables; flowers; something else?

Fruit, particularly soft fruits, are my favourite thing to grow, and chillis. I make and sell a lot of preserves, chutneys, pickles etc as part of my home baking business, nothing better than home grown goodies to make high quality produce.

3. How long have you been playing Hay Day?

My hood is just over three and a half years old, so I guess around 4 years

4. What made you start playing HD?

There was a catchy advert on Uk tv that caught my attention initially, then a work colleague of mine started playing and recommended it .... and I was hooked.

5. Do you have a bucket list?

No not really. I’ve managed to do a lot of varied things in my life, so in general I’m not going to go to my grave thinking “if only I’d done .....”
    After attending an unsuccessful attempt to resuscitate a cardiac arrest patient a couple of years ago, we were all a little despondent at the loss. The specialist cardiac paramedic in charge said something that resonated with me. “This patient didn’t imagine when she woke up this morning that her day would go this way. Take pleasure in the simple things in life guys, and value every day, you don’t know how many more you will have”

6. Do you have anything that has to be "just so"? (For example, do you have a ritual for making a really good cup of coffee?)

I tend to be a perfectionist in a lot of things. Working as a biomedical scientist in healthcare, there were a lot of standard operating procedures that we had to follow exactly to ensure absolute reproducibility in pathology results. I guess baking is the thing I do now that requires similar precision to deliver reproducible results, little changes can have a profound effect on the final result, so I’m pretty ritualistic doing that.

7. Is there anywhere in the world that you would like to visit, but haven't yet?

The Antarctic would be fascinating, but that’s probably not realistic! Sri Lanka and Thailand as a dual centre holiday would be fabulous .... so much great food!

8. Is there any food that you would not eat, under any circumstances?

I’d pretty much try anything once that wasn’t overtly cruel, the one thing I can’t bring myself to eat is tripe.

Thanks!

How beautiful those cakes are steve

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishmaam View Post
    How beautiful those cakes are steve
    Thank you kind sir, a hobby that became a small business