Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When to drop that Eagle?

When to drop that Eagle?

Let me start by saying: Yes, this is engineering. Let's have that out of the way.

So I upgraded my TH, dropped all new defenses except the Eagle. The new defenses are almost max TH10 now, the new walls are part max TH9 part max TH10. GW level 6, and regarding offense I have upgraded bowlers witches and golems (1 level). Hogs currently in lab.

So I am comfy against TH11 with EA, but when should I drop mine, with regard to my war weight? What is the perfect timing?

Disclaimer: I only fought 2 wars so far, of which I tripled one attack (base had EA), messed up another, and high percentage 2 starred the other 2 attacks. I do not notice much of a difference when attacking EA or non-EA bases, though of course my approach is different.

Cannot say without knowing your clans line up. That said, in this day and age of OP offence, you need defences more than ever. Old war weight system is out the window. Defending is now much harder and consequently more important. So the easier your base is, the more advantage to the enemy camp. If you can take Eagle bases, and all your defences are max 10 level? Drop it and level it up ASAP. That's what I'd do.

Do it now while they still do triple damage to Golems

Probably at work not working clearly. Doh!
    Quote Originally Posted by NightsWatchMB View Post
    Do it now while they still do triple damage to Golems
    That is a good point.... and as Darian mentioned, might be some time before they get around to rolling the fix (if any) out for this.

But that aside, I essentially agree with MrMech. I'd drop it personally.

As always with these questions, knowing more about your typical roster would be helpful.

I recently built and upgraded mine. I'd put it off for a while. All my key TH11 War troops are upgraded, Heroes (49/43/17 ish).
    With the new TH12 update, and at least 7 of my clan mates moving up to TH12, the whole jigsaw of our war roster changed dramatically.
    Plus, our opponents often had Eagle bases too at TH11. Time to upgrade!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 14 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH11, 50-50-20.

i would drop it but its up to you
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 18 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH12 - K60/Q56/W30
    Fire - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20
    Inferno - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20

I went entire TH11 without dropping eagle because I liked the challenge of trying to defend without it.

I would max out your point defenses and walls before dropping eagle but I've had this debate before and are many that disagree with me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSk View Post
    Let me start by saying: Yes, this is engineering. Let's have that out of the way.

So I upgraded my TH, dropped all new defenses except the Eagle. The new defenses are almost max TH10 now, the new walls are part max TH9 part max TH10. GW level 6, and regarding offense I have upgraded bowlers witches and golems (1 level). Hogs currently in lab.

So I am comfy against TH11 with EA, but when should I drop mine, with regard to my war weight? What is the perfect timing?

Disclaimer: I only fought 2 wars so far, of which I tripled one attack (base had EA), messed up another, and high percentage 2 starred the other 2 attacks. I do not notice much of a difference when attacking EA or non-EA bases, though of course my approach is different.
    Ask yourself this: if you are comfortable why change things?

Well as for war line up, currently I am in the Forum Events clan, where we do wars between 25x25 and 50x50, so it will not be an issue. My home clan though, we do mostly 10x10, with 1-3 TH11, 2-4 TH12, and a few 10s and 9s. Smaller wars, less choice in opponents to attack.

As for attacking, I do not care too much whether they have an eagle or not, as it just means a different approach, and so far I did better on bases with then without EA somehow. Maybe that is already an answer in itself: Dropping an EA means I will see more EA's on my opponents, but I do not really mind that.

@Prutser: The fact I am comfortable with my opponents having eagle, does not mean I should stop upgrading my base :-) So in the path towards max TH11, I wanted to know when other would drop the EA, and I seen some good opinions.

I would upgrade the gw back to back and when he is level 15 drop the ea.