Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Search Timer and Other Legends Improvements.

Daily Search Timer and Other Legends Improvements.

I’ve mentioned it a million times in clouds threads on general, so I figured I’d start a thread here with the hopes that a developer from SC sees it. We need a daily search timer in legends and I suggest it be set at 14 hours per day. Note this is a SEARCH timer only. If the player is not searching for a match, the timer isn’t running. They can be playing builder base, taking part in war, etc. and there is no timer. However, they can only search 14 hours per day for a match in legends.

Why? Account sharing is against the terms of service, so it is cheating and it is cheating that has a big advantage in legends. Accounts that are searching 24 hours per day all season long have a huge advantage over players who are not cheating. I think it is fine that players that play more have an advantage, which is why I do not suggest the timer bet set for something small like 8 hours. Reducing, if not eliminating, this big advantage is the main reason I want the search timer. The two other smaller reasons are that it would improve clouds a little and fair play players wouldn’t feel the need to set alarms to wake up every 29 minutes while sleeping, etc.

Other legends suggestions:

1) make the clouds screen black not white;
    2) make the alert sound for no match found (retry) to be as loud as the alert for a match found;
    3) make Legends1 for 6000+ and Legends2 for 5000-5999;
    4) don’t let Titans attack legends (or at least not Legends2, maybe that’s the one advantage to being there);
    5) let us do things from the clouds such as watch war, donate, do FCs, build bases, anything that we can be kicked out of when a match is found.

Edit, credit to Bartolo: make it Legends3 5000-5499, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans cannot attack Legends1 or Legends2. Titans can still attack Legends3.

Edit: expand the searching/matching range for attacking down in trophies, but make it smaller for attacking up in trophies, if this were implemented there maybe would be no need for the titans attacking legends change referenced above.
    Last edited by 2222; August 14th, 2018 at 03:58 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

I have to agree with you 2222 and Tiler on his long post.

Limiting the search time can improve some of the cloud issues at some extent.

for the different Legends , I can see it better as Legends III 5000-5499, Legends II 5500-5999, Legends 1 6000+

Maybe a Titan can attack a Legends III and in that way they can push to Legends.

the cloud screen I think can be easily fix since the BH search is already a dark cloud, maybe they can toggle the cloud to that one.

TH125 60/60/30 | Clash Birthday 17/01/2015 | Main
    TH9.11 50/50/20 | TH8 | TH7 | Minis
    Los Jedis PR | Los Jedis PR 2
    Quote Originally Posted by KannonFodder View Post
    Your poor builder has to upgrade high explosive materials with a freaking hammer.​ Let him take his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartolo99 View Post
    I have to agree with you 2222 and Tiler on his long post.

Limiting the search time can improve some of the cloud issues at some extent.

for the different Legends , I can see it better as Legends III 5000-5499, Legends II 5500-5999, Legends 1 6000+

Maybe a Titan can attack a Legends III and in that way they can push to Legends.

the cloud screen I think can be easily fix since the BH search is already a dark cloud, maybe they can toggle the cloud to that one.

Good idea, that legends 1, 2, 3 break might be better than my suggested legends 1, 2 break. I also like that legends 3 is 5000-5499 which for many is considered “low legends” for farming lots of loot. I’ll change my OP thanks.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Excellent post, 2222. The most infuriating thing to any legend player, who has steadily chipped away at gaining trophies in the single digit numbers, is to see it all taken away by someone 1,500 trophies lower who easily take -30 or up to -59 cups (jn case of a 3 star). It is even more maddening when that player has only attacked 10 times in the season, whereas the average legend player may have racked up 200+ raids. The whole situation becomes even worse later on in the season when you can't find any bases and at each and every defense you lose -30 or more.

Your suggestion of different legend leagues would take away the possibility of getting a much lower ranked opponent and allowing for completely disproportional attack vs defense trophies.

Another suggestions may be to weight each player by their overall activity. If someone attacks, say, 20 times per season, they should not get so lucky as to get matched with a much higher trophy player who has over 200 attacks.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Iíve mentioned it a million times in clouds threads on general, so I figured Iíd start a thread here with the hopes that a developer from SC sees it. We need a daily search timer in legends and I suggest it be set at 14 hours per day. Note this is a SEARCH timer only. If the player is not searching for a match, the timer isnít running. They can be playing builder base, taking part in war, etc. and there is no timer. However, they can only search 14 hours per day for a match in legends.

Why? Account sharing is against the terms of service, so it is cheating and it is cheating that has a big advantage in legends. Accounts that are searching 24 hours per day all season long have a huge advantage over players who are not cheating. I think it is fine that players that play more have an advantage, which is why I do not suggest the timer bet set for something small like 8 hours. Reducing, if not eliminating, this big advantage is the main reason I want the search timer. The two other smaller reasons are that it would improve clouds a little and fair play players wouldnít feel the need to set alarms to wake up every 29 minutes while sleeping, etc.

Other legends suggestions:

1) make the clouds screen black not white;
    2) make the alert sound for no match found (retry) to be as loud as the alert for a match found;
    3) make Legends1 for 6000+ and Legends2 for 5000-5999;
    4) donít let Titans attack legends (or at least not Legends2, maybe thatís the one advantage to being there);
    5) let us do things from the clouds such as watch war, donate, do FCs, build bases, anything that we can be kicked out of when a match is found.

Edit, credit to Bartolo: make it Legends3 5000-5499, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends3 6000+ and titans cannot attack Legends1 or Legends2. Titans can still attack Legends3.
    If they ever limit my time to play (as someone who is 57 years old), I promise i will spend my time as I do today, in Titans ans each time i get into Legends will drop back down to Titans to avoid mommy telling me I have had enough enjoyment for the day. Although it might improve Legends, and I think it wonít, if that is the only answer that will shut everyone up, then please install it and be prepared to rip it out immediately if it fails to limit clouds. If nothing else, at least it will eliminate one option.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    If they ever limit my time to play (as someone who is 57 years old), I promise i will spend my time as I do today, in Titans ans each time i get into Legends will drop back down to Titans to avoid mommy telling me I have had enough enjoyment for the day. Although it might improve Legends, and I think it won’t, if that is the only answer that will shut everyone up, then please install it and be prepared to rip it out immediately if it fails to limit clouds. If nothing else, at least it will eliminate one option.
    Since you don’t play in legends, I understand why you don’t care about the legends competition. In any event, you would not hit 14 hours of search time in titans in a day. Remember, it is search time only, not playing time total.

As for legends, the request to limit search time to 14 hours wouldn’t limit the playing time of 99% of fair play players. It would significantly reduce the advantage of cheaters. I do not think it would have a huge impact on clouds. I think it would have some impact on clouds because of course some of the cheaters wouldn’t be taking as many matches, leaving them to other players. However, that isn’t the main reason for the requested search time limit. The request is to make it more fair play so players that don’t cheat have a chance to compete.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Since you donít play in legends, I understand why you donít care about the legends competition. In any event, you would not hit 14 hours of search time in titans in a day. Remember, it is search time only, not playing time total.

As for legends, the request to limit search time to 14 hours wouldnít limit the playing time of 99% of fair play players. It would significantly reduce the advantage of cheaters. I do not think it would have a huge impact on clouds. I think it would have some impact on clouds because of course some of the cheaters wouldnít be taking as many matches, leaving them to other players. However, that isnít the main reason for the requested search time limit. The request is to make it more fair play so players that donít cheat have a chance to compete.
    If all you want to do is limit cheating there is a much easier way, limit the number of attacks per person per day in legends. That is essentially what you are doing with your timer anyways and it is likely easier to code.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    If all you want to do is limit cheating there is a much easier way, limit the number of attacks per person per day in legends. That is essentially what you are doing with your timer anyways and it is likely easier to code.
    Limiting the number of attacks would be much less well received than limiting the amount of search time. Many players play in low legends to get a lot of attacks and farm loot. Also, limiting the number of attacks would mean the cheating players playing 24 hours per day would wait for big offers before attacking. They could afford to do so with 24 hours of searching, while the player searching 12 hours per day could not afford to do so.
    Last edited by 2222; July 23rd, 2018 at 11:43 AM.

Probably at work not working clearly. Doh!
    Just to chime in as I've recently posted about some of the issues raised by 2222.

For me number 4 in particular must be implemented. It is just silly that Legends players are stuck clouding whilst titan players are able to find Legend players. Twice in the last 24 hours I've been hit by players over 1000 trophies lower than me.

I would have no objections to the other suggestions as well. 5 would be a major QoL improvement.

Sorry 2222 but I can't give rep currently but these suggestions are well worthy of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Damiz View Post
    Just to chime in as I've recently posted about some of the issues raised by 2222.

For me number 4 in particular must be implemented. It is just silly that Legends players are stuck clouding whilst titan players are able to find Legend players. Twice in the last 24 hours I've been hit by players over 1000 trophies lower than me.

I would have no objections to the other suggestions as well. 5 would be a major QoL improvement.

Sorry 2222 but I can't give rep currently but these suggestions are well worthy of it.
    I like Bartolo’s tweak to the idea. It will allow titans to hit low legends but not 5500+.