Thread: Matchmaking

Matchmaking

Iím not new to the game, I deleted the game about 2/3 years ago when I was around level 40 I think. But I got the game back quite recently and thought I might give it a go again. After a few days of playing it, Iím now level 9 and Iíve been attacked by level 16s; 8-7 levels above me! Thatís not fair at all! I should only be attacked by players the same level as me, no lower than 2 levels, no higher than 2 levels. I think itís unfair that Iím getting attacked by someone who has twice as much experience as me and far better troops than me. I think something should be done about the matchmaking when it comes to who you get attacked by and you can attack.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVectavis View Post
    I’m not new to the game, I deleted the game about 2/3 years ago when I was around level 40 I think. But I got the game back quite recently and thought I might give it a go again. After a few days of playing it, I’m now level 9 and I’ve been attacked by level 16s; 8-7 levels above me! That’s not fair at all! I should only be attacked by players the same level as me, no lower than 2 levels, no higher than 2 levels. I think it’s unfair that I’m getting attacked by someone who has twice as much experience as me and far better troops than me. I think something should be done about the matchmaking when it comes to who you get attacked by and you can attack.
    Matchmaking based on anything other than VP has already been ruled out by supercell. If you need help then visit the strategies subforum as there are a lot of very helpful guides for managing your VP in order to overcome harder opponents
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    Boom Beach - maxed
    Clash of Clans | TH10 | Level 133 |
    Clash Royale | Arena 11 | 86/86 |

At what VP level are you?

They have made adjustments to matching and will probably continue tweaking the algorithim over time. Regardless of what they do though there will always be some limit on how long one can be matched to peers only. For any XP and/or HQ level, you only have those players within your own VP range to be matched to. So at some point, VP will reach a value for which there are few, or even none, peers within your pool. This is further aggrivated at lower VP levels since it constantly requires creation of new accounts to replenish bases at those levels.

So yes, I would like to see more favorable matching for newer players. But no, I don't believe they could guarantee it.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    [#PR2P0R0C]
    And yes, that panda is indeed packing major heat! Visit my profile page
    /default photo album to see a larger image.

I am starting to doubt this a bit. On my lower account, I have remained at about 350 VP and have increased my XP by 5 over the last 6 months and the opponents that I swap out for are remaining at about even to 5-10 higher. I was at 48 and then slowly got to 53 (thanks to mega crab) and still have 53 and up on my map.
    Detructors #9UPGJ90Q (Closed group)
    War X Insurgent LVL 65 all maxed out Leader
    War X Libration LVL 58 co-leader
    War X Rebel LVL 52 co-leader

I’m level 12 and I have 71 victory points.