Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Trap Detecing Spell

  1. #1

    Trap Detecing Spell

    My idea is a spell that when placed down, would reveal all the hidden objects within the area of the spell (hidden teslas, spring traps, bombs, ect.) Either for a limited time, or for the whole attack (or until the trap is used)

    Info:
    Name: Radar Spell
    Colour: Green with a red target on it
    Space: 2
    Type: Elixer Spell
    Levels: 3
    Cost: 45000 elixer, 42500 elixer, 42500 elixer
    Time (make): 45m, 40m, 35m
    Diameter: 7 tiles, 8.5 tiles, 10 tiles
    Unlocked: Townhall 9 Spell factory Upgrade
    Time: 10s, 12.5s, 15s (Assuming its not a perm reveal)

    Attacks Using: The radar spell would give a highly tacticle advantage to players who chose to use it. The right placement would allow enough knowledge that they could place their troops in a position that could increase their chances at victory!

    Defences Against: The easiest way to defend against the radar spell, would be to set your traps further apart as to prevent lot of them from being spotted.

    Reasons for costs and sizes:
    When coming up with the idea, i instantly knew what i wanted the idea to revolve around... Something that let you know where traps were so you could better plan your attack. After some thinking i realized that a spell would be the best way to do this because a spell wont get killed, and it can be a temporary thing that can be placed where you want it to go. I went with elixer because having a 1 cost spell that revealed traps was a little too overwhelming and people cpuld just bring 9-13 radar spells, and know where everything in a base was. The high elixer cost (and size of spell) is to balance out the size of the potion, considering what it does. After using my clash to determine a good sizing for the potion, i felt that any smaller than the base 7 tile diameter wouldnt be of much use, as you would have to be lucky or already know the layout of the base to have it hit a trap. And i felt that any higher than 10 tiles was pushing the limits, and 4 would basically reveal a whole base.

  2. #2
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    131
    Sounds like a good idea, but here are some modifications that would make it better: Brewing time as you say it is far too long. 45 mins, sorry what? That is exagerated. I think 12 mins will be enough, because no spell take so long. a spell takes max time 12 min, and haveing 45 min for one single spell would be to much. Also, why not be able to take more of them to cover a larger area? 10 tiles is also a little bit to much. And any spell should be limited, and i think 20 seconds would be enough for you to spot all traps in the area.
    Overall, sounds like a very good idea, but needs a lot of balance

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGODAVID View Post
    Sounds like a good idea, but here are some modifications that would make it better: Brewing time as you say it is far too long. 45 mins, sorry what? That is exagerated. I think 12 mins will be enough, because no spell take so long. a spell takes max time 12 min, and haveing 45 min for one single spell would be to much. Also, why not be able to take more of them to cover a larger area? 10 tiles is also a little bit to much. And any spell should be limited, and i think 20 seconds would be enough for you to spot all traps in the area.
    Overall, sounds like a very good idea, but needs a lot of balance
    The reason for me not wanting people to be able to take an insane amount of them, is that people with "smurf" or "alt" accounts, could rush them to th9, just to get the radar spells. And during a war, fill their spell factory with them and attack the higherup people and know where every trap is... The more space in spell factory was to ballance that, and as for the time, my mind was thinking troop training where the time was cut into quarters... Your right, the 45mins is completely rediculous... My bad... And as for the 10 tiles, 1) do note that it is a 10 tile diameter, not radius... Radius would just be op... 2) the clash of clans main base area has a 44x44 grid... The potion has a view area of 78.54 tiles, which sounds like alot, but considering the map has 1936 tiles, its not that much... Its only 4.05% of the entire map... Plus the tier 3 potion would only be avaliable in either town hall 11 or 12. As for the time thing, were you thinking of a fixed 20s time no matter what level? My thought was have it a shorter for starting lv and gain a bit more time per upgrade, as needed for the higher ths

  4. #4
    Pro Member TheSkylian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Stanford University
    Posts
    555
    The skeleton spell does the same thing though.
    Quote Originally Posted by DudeTrustMe View Post
    There will be one more dragon coming up: old dragon - cough up the sticky mucus on defenses to slow their attack speed 😂

    Engineered TH11

  5. #5
    Senior Member DARDANIUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    United States - Pennsylvania
    Posts
    447
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSkylian View Post
    The skeleton spell does the same thing though.
    Skeletons don't trigger traps.

    Credits to Planck for the awesome signature! Check him out here!

    CoC Accounts: Darkwind(TH10) | DARDANIUS (TH9)
    Clan: CAESARS BOYZ (LV 11) #YPU22PYG
    #BurnTheBoat

  6. #6
    Pro Member TheSkylian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Stanford University
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by DARDANIUS View Post
    Skeletons don't trigger traps.
    Whoops, my bad. I thought they did haha
    Quote Originally Posted by DudeTrustMe View Post
    There will be one more dragon coming up: old dragon - cough up the sticky mucus on defenses to slow their attack speed 😂

    Engineered TH11

  7. #7
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    132
    I honestly can’t conceive of anyone that would waste two spell storage spaces on looking at 4% of the map to look for traps. I mean you’d have to have a pretty good idea that what your looking for is there considering you’re choosing 1/25th of the map to ‘view’. And if you’re prettty they’re there then why waste 15-25% of your spell storage space to look?

    as you say the only reason people would use it would be in a scouting attack in war. Why introduce a spell that would never be used in a legitimate attack?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozzle89 View Post
    I honestly can’t conceive of anyone that would waste two spell storage spaces on looking at 4% of the map to look for traps. I mean you’d have to have a pretty good idea that what your looking for is there considering you’re choosing 1/25th of the map to ‘view’. And if you’re prettty they’re there then why waste 15-25% of your spell storage space to look?

    as you say the only reason people would use it would be in a scouting attack in war. Why introduce a spell that would never be used in a legitimate attack?
    I completely agree that using 2 spell storage spaces just to confirm if traps are in a spot you think they are is useless... Im talking using it strategy wise. so say you were using GiBo__ or GiMi__ ect. And you were about to go against a town hall 11 that was fairly spaced out, alot of room for traps, the town hall has an obvious section thats most likely used for teslas, but an area that looks like it MIGHT have traps like 40 tiles away from the town hall... You would be able to ignore the teslas as its a 80%+ chance that that is what is there, and you could use the radar spell to figure out EXACTLY what traps are in the other area, so you could plan out the use of heal or rage spells in that area, or try to use a jump spell in an area to get your troops to fight around the traps instead of just walking through them and getting killed... Plus, in the event that that area would reveal a hidden tesla (that you thought was near the town hall), you would know that the townhall actually might only be defended by 2 or 3 teslas, and have a big bomb there to weaken your troops for the teslas, and so you could plan around that aswell...

    The main point of this spell is not so much to just be a scouting tool (which i have no doubt it will be if its implimented) but its to add more of a strategic aspect to attacking higherup bases, as opposed to just dropping everything in a general area, popping down spells where they might be usefull, and then hoping to 3 star.
    Last edited by DrgonSlaya01; 1 Day Ago at 11:41 AM. Reason: Repeated "GiBo__" twice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •