Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Ridiculous War Search Times

Long war matchups

We were told by supercell to get rid of all engeneered bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Banditshandy73 View Post
    We were told by supercell to get rid of all engeneered bases.
    Do you have any reference for that? Release notes? Something Darian said in a Q&A or video? I don't believe SuperCell have ever said they would get rid of all engineered bases. I believe they suggested something more like they are working on an update to remove engineering advantage, they didn't say they would remove engineer's ability to war or indeed "get rid of all engeneered (sic) bases". These are paying customers after all.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    A bigger problem is allowing them to match with those odd rosters against a clan that is at a big disadvantage. They shouldn’t get to ruin some other clan’s war. A perfect situation would be if the matchmaker could find them a very even match. However, if the matchmaker has to pick between no match and an uneven match, I think it should pick no match. The clan that is not matching needs to adjust its roster to make it more common.
    I disagree here, no match you might not know what you need but can make changes to an uneven match.

I thought MM was at its best place just before the TH12 update, it was a disadvantage to bring in max hero 1 cannons, and even more of a disadvantage to bring in minimax 11s with weak heroes but you could still put them in if you really wanted and still war.

Clans become disillusioned watching war spin and spin. Advantage on either side aside, every clan should be able to match another clan in a reasonable amount of time. It did make sense to not provide war when you have max 11s on the bottom and TH9 defense at the top because you would get ties all the time, but with TH11 and 12 anchors on top it doesn't matter so much what kind of engineered bases you might fight against.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I disagree here, no match you might not know what you need but can make changes to an uneven match.

I thought MM was at its best place just before the TH12 update, it was a disadvantage to bring in max hero 1 cannons, and even more of a disadvantage to bring in minimax 11s with weak heroes but you could still put them in if you really wanted and still war.

Clans become disillusioned watching war spin and spin. Advantage on either side aside, every clan should be able to match another clan in a reasonable amount of time. It did make sense to not provide war when you have max 11s on the bottom and TH9 defense at the top because you would get ties all the time, but with TH11 and 12 anchors on top it doesn't matter so much what kind of engineered bases you might fight against.
    Cant agree here mate. First off. We all know around these parts, if you drop your defences, have relatively balanced def/off, and don't have an unusual spread of halls, then you will match, of that there is no doubt.
    So far as the two examples you use as rosters, the 9.11s, and the th12 anchors, only covers those areas/niches. There are many scenarios whereby those 9.11s, or d/less accounts, will make the war unwinnable for their opposition. And with a purely weighted system, the chances of these mismatches are high, as we have seen many times in the not so distant past.
    So I feel, although many ordinary joe's , whom don't frequent forums, may be left in limbo a little, if they jumped on the engi bandwagon, it is a problem worth having for the good of the rest of the player base. But nobody on forum can realistically claim they are at a loss as to what to do, unless they want to put a slant on the war.
    We gave up on trying to game the system, as we weren't set up to achieve a lot in that respect anyway, and instead, simply rely on scoring more than the oppo does, by using a roster type that suits us, and trying to make our bases as hard to crack as possible.