Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Please End Engineered Bases in War Now

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #21
    I tried to join the debate team but they talked me out of it.
    Please read Grandads' final paragraph..above before the thread falls down a well. Very sage advice as is often the case when Grandads speak. My Grandfather was unfortunately shot down twice in the war, was MIA for 6 months when he got lost in the jungle and spent 2 years as a POW in Japan. As a result I decided to ignore his advice and so far I have never been captured.

Quote Originally Posted by iBork View Post
    Wow there Chief. That's a lot of reading on your part with zero comprehension and no ability to grasp someone else's reality.

Basically, OP stared engineering because he was continuously being faced with engineers in wars. Then SC announces the end of engineering (or at least that's what the OP understood it to be), so he went back to non-engeanered. But he is still seeing engineering in war. Do I need to explain more?
    Which time that the "end of engineering" was announced are you referring to?

Many people reacted each time that a change was announced, before seeing the change or observing the real-world effects.

I predict there will be another massive change in the next six months. No inside knowledge needed, they come out about every six months so this is about like predicting sunrise tomorrow morning or Autumn following summer.

I predict the forums will be full of advice to drop defences, or skip upgrades,, or gem the shiny new unit. My advice will continue to be wait and see, then make an informed decision.
    Listen, and understand! That Engineer is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until your win streak is broken.

Centennial Club
    offense is too OP they did this a couple of years ago max bases can easily 3 star the equal TH from 1 to 10 for sure and now probably 11s too. offense makes the money new cool troops and attack types buffing and nerfing offenses to push what's not being used SC is in it to turn a profit most people accept that and if you don't find a 1 time buy game and enjoy. I believe if they made attacking way more difficult for equal THs but they wont with the siege machine and lvl 8 hogs & loons engineered accounts CCs can wreck th9s and below and then th10s get a siege machine its a joke oh yeah and power potions engineering is the only entertaining thing now. In the end my opinion is make 3 starring the a max TH below yours a big deal again. Check us out **The Family** #UJPLO228

I still do not know what an engineered base is supposed to look like.

Quote Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
    There isn’t any one kind. It just means a base that someone has upgraded with the war matchmaker in mind. If the player is thinking of the war matchmaker when deciding what defenses to build or upgrade, they are engineering it. The same goes for offense. Whether they are actually engineering it in a way that creates an advantage is a different story. They might think they are, but they might not be getting an advantage, especially if they haven’t taken the rest of their roster into account. With the war matchmaker constantly changing and with improvements in the last year, it isn’t as easy to do as some might suggest.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black (not white) clouds screen; Legends2 5000+ trophies, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 players; let us do more from clouds like watch war, donate, do FCs, base design; create 3rd PvP trophy ladder or add PvP above 6000 in legends.

Quote Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post

There are many forms of engineering. The most common are offensively lopsided bases. The most extreme example would be a defenseless base with max th11 offense.

Other common ones are 9.11s. They have th11 offense with th9 defenses. Sometimes they have added everything but the eagle and infernos.

Some call this engineering, others call it intelligent progression. .5s are when you get to a new town hall and do not add the major defense for that town hall level (i.e. xbows for th9 or eagle for th11.) Most players add the defense once they can three star at their respective town hall level.

Defensively lopsided bases are a different form of engineering where your defense is greater than offense hoping to match casuals/rushers for easier wars.

Roster engineering is adding a bunch of lower level town halls at the bottom to try and get an advantage up top. Mostly eradicated now due to search times.

Lastly, the most advantageous engineering bases currently are the ones ran by clans like Metamucil and #6ay. They have specialized upgrades by only upgrading certain troops and defenses, avoiding unnecessary war weight.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Strat51; 4 Days Ago at 09:48 PM.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JtB View Post
    I have never heard that saying in my entire life. Is that an American saying or is it from another country?
    It's a corruption of a comment by the American newspaper columnist H. L. Mencken, who was active in the early part of the 20th century. He was an ornery old cur, but often saw pretty clearly.

The original quote was apparently: "There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong."

[In engineering, we use what seems to me to be a related expression: "fast, cheap, correct - pick any two"]

Another Mencken quote which seems to have been rather prescient: "On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    Last edited by whp4; 5 Hours Ago at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whp4 View Post
    Another Mencken quote which seems to have been rather prescient: "On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    thanks, I heard it said that this was the best quote on the forum, I don't see why it would be ...

... having read a transcript of my previous remark, it seems I made a mistake, of course I intended to say I don't know why it wouldn't be ...