Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ability to reserve a derby task

Quote Originally Posted by Minxville View Post
    So...you reserve it and don’t take it, meanwhile depriving a hoodmate of the chance of taking and completing it? And approval needed to take a task? Definitely don’t like the sound of any of that! Imagine having a leader in a completely different time zone...waiting for their approval to take a task...all seems unnecessarily complicated and tedious to me.
    If you reserve a task and then don't take it then you are not a good team player and don't care about your nhood. This feature is for people who care and want to improve team play and communication.

The approval only required should also be optional. I've been on neighborhood where you had to wait for approval, and the only ways to know this was to resort to whatsapp or discord or well, the chat which is just a mess as far as organization goes.

So, if you are in my nhood and reserve a task and don't take it then you are abusing a feature and not caring about your members, next derby you are out.

Maybe member should explain why she want to take the task, like in my case:
    I have made 7 strawberry ice cream, 10 chocolate ice cream on machine.Please keep the task for me.

- I have 13 salesman/13 dancers ready in town, I want that task

Quote Originally Posted by HayDayBigfan View Post
    Maybe member should explain why she want to take the task, like in my case:
    I have made 7 strawberry ice cream, 10 chocolate ice cream on machine.Please keep the task for me.

- I have 13 salesman/13 dancers ready in town, I want that task

Cool, it would be nice to be able to write a quick note as well like what you just said or something like "I can't take any other task at the moment because of time/availability/not having the machine/ etc. etc."

Every NH has their own way of managing the derby, from tyranny to anarchy. This feature should be viewed as an optional tool to help in that management process, nothing more.

The objections raised are not really specifically valid to this idea bcoz they pretty much would be the same objections even if the idea was not implemented. For example, a member could use the chat to reserve all quick tasks, or reserve a task, and fail to do it, or be very slow in doing it, wasting the team's time. (These are from the objections raised above.)

Managing a large hood over 12 tasks across date lines week after week, with only a single combined chat, can get challenging/tedious. We should welcome any tools (not rules) that aid this. If your NH's particular style has not need for this specific tool, there's no need to downvote the idea, unless you see a blindspot that would truly negatively impact a significant number of hoods.

FWIW i like the reservation idea (put an icon or name on the task to indicate interest). Not too sure about the "leader approval/assigment/blocking" bit though, even as an option. The mechanism shifts the balance of power significantly to the leadership, may not be a good thing.
    Last edited by Benjamin9632; July 17th, 2018 at 01:51 AM.

Thank you for the comment Benjamin.
    I'd be super happy with being able to just tag the task and that's it. Not too hard to implement Supercell, come on