Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Tom

Tom

Request for using Tom to get expansion goods, aswell as upgrade goods, for both town and farm. Not everyone can buy diamonds to get Tom and he sleeps for 2 hours. Atleast when you gain diamonds through out the game witch is also rare, a person can have Tom for one day. Because of the 2 hours sleep a limit would not help if you can only use him for one day, as everyone also sleep for atleast 8 hours for that one day. Yes some people have already opened all or most of there ground ext. but if it's in the newspaper, someone else already bought it. These goods are rare to get and there are so many people worldwide that's playing the game. Hay day is a fun and family game. It will be great if we can get Tom for these goods.

Never going to happen.

If you bought one single diamond pack of 1,500 diamonds, this would enable you to hire Tom for 150 days. If you slept 8 hours a day, this leaves 16 hours during which Tom could be sent out 8 times. That means you'd be able to get 80 BEMs a day. Over 150 days, that would equate to 12,000 BEMs.

So, you could get 12,000 BEMs for 1,500 diamonds. This is far less than BEMs are worth, and would make it far too easy to upgrade your barn, reducing the challenge of the game.

Centennial Club
    In the RULED OUT FOR THE TIME BEING list it is mentioned in the Farm Features "Tom fetching expansion items".

Lud3ck is right, this will never happen...

Thks

I do understand that, what about if he is able to give these types of goods in an event.

I have read through the list of maby and the list of ruled out. I do hear that you say it will never happen, but a person still has to try. I do think a new machine that could make these goods will also help even if it takes long to make them. There has to be some way that we can have and get these goods.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetfood View Post
    There has to be some way that we can have and get these goods.
    There is. My recommendation would be that you focus 100% on town and on pets. Once you have all of your pets unlocked, then regular feeding throws out a lot of expansion items. At the same time, fulfilling all of your townies' requests gives expansion items too, so focus on getting your town up to full capacity (42) and then work it round the clock. My suggestion would be that you ignore boats and trucks except when there are additional inventives, because you'll never have enough products to satisfy every order, and town is the only place where you're going to get expansion items as well as coins and XP.

Thank you for the advice, my town hall is at 42, I will see how it goes, but the pets are a difficult thing as I'm trying to get lures rather than buying animals, I'd like to see if I can get all the fish in the book even though with the previous fishing event I used up all 40 lures without getting one new fish. On the maby list there is a chance for a machine for expansion items, can you give feedback if you guys are looking at it or not at all. I love the derby challenge, the event challenges, it will be great if expansion is not a challenge. Could it be a great idea to also make the derby gifts upgrade, expansion, saw and axe's, products from machine's can be made, and decorations can be bought if you want them? People tells me I'm taking the game to serious, ("it just a game" they says). To me this game has brought our family closer and gives us family time around the table helping with tasks ext. I hope for some great news.

Thank you.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetfood View Post
    Thank you for the advice, my town hall is at 42, I will see how it goes, but the pets are a difficult thing as I'm trying to get lures rather than buying animals, I'd like to see if I can get all the fish in the book even though with the previous fishing event I used up all 40 lures without getting one new fish. On the maby list there is a chance for a machine for expansion items, can you give feedback if you guys are looking at it or not at all. I love the derby challenge, the event challenges, it will be great if expansion is not a challenge. Could it be a great idea to also make the derby gifts upgrade, expansion, saw and axe's, products from machine's can be made, and decorations can be bought if you want them? People tells me I'm taking the game to serious, ("it just a game" they says). To me this game has brought our family closer and gives us family time around the table helping with tasks ext. I hope for some great news.

Thank you.
    For me, pets give a much better return than fishing. If you are lucky enough to land a new fish - and the more you get, the lower the chances of a new one - you will get 1, 2 or 3 diamonds, depending on the weight. Whilst those diamonds are valuable, they don't help with expansion, unless you spend high numbers of diamonds to get those materials.

Pets can be woken and fed every 6 hours (except for donkeys, who need just 1 hour). Providing your barn isn't full you will get rare items dropping as you wake them. Some of those rare items will be expansion materials. There is a helpful thread that details the most effective way to wake your pets. It's rather complex, but it might give you some idea of likely returns: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...are-Item-Drops

A technique I use to time the pets is that I have one field in their enclosure. As I wake them, I plant tomatoes in that field. I can then tap on the field at any time and see how long it will be before the pets will go to sleep. As an alternative timing method, you can feed the sheep at the same time as the pets, as sheep also take 6 hours to grow their wool.

A downside of pets is feeding them, but with a little careful management that isn't a major problem. My own way is that I fill their food bowls before I wake them. If I don't have enough milk or bacon I leave them sleeping until I do.

Another tactic that hasn't been mentioned so far is wheating. Grow wheat, harvest it, grow more wheat, and so on. Again, ensure that your barn isn't full, and you will receive drops of rare items as you harvest. The farm visitors will ask for wheat, or you can sell it on your roadside shop. If you're wheating for a while, sell the wheat at a lower price to avoid a log-jam on the RSS.

The final suggestion is that a helpful neighbourhood can be great. It's best to help other members too, of course.

Oh, and I cannot imagine Tom ever fetching expansion materials, or any sort of machine being provided to make them. There are already many ways of getting them. If if was too easy there would be no challenge!

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Cowslips; 2 Days Ago at 06:37 PM.

Hay Day level 162 (main farm) - Achievement 132/132 reached on 11 July 2017
    Android player who doesn't use Facebook
    Magic nets cast in all 12 fishing spots on 8 December, 16 January, 7 February, 12 April, 21 May and 21 June (Hay Day's 5th birthday), when I finally got the Pearl of the Sea!
    Anchor received on 20 March 2018. Still no cannon or wheel...