Thread: How to get better matching in clanwar?

How to get better matching in clanwar?

Hey. In clanwar we are frequently having problems about bad matchings.. dispit the fact we dont rush or engineer accounts or bases, there always engineered accounts by the opponent. What can we do about that?

Srr for the bad english.. 😊😉

There's no foolproof way, since a lot of engineered accounts exist and they have to match with someone. There might be tricks to reduce the effect, or have a better shot when you do match them. Suggest you put the question up in the war forum, and include your clan tag so people can see how you war currently.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    There's no foolproof way,
    and what about only maxed out th 12 in war? the matchmaking must be even or unbalanced for the enemy warclan.

Quote Originally Posted by Christofst View Post
    Hey. In clanwar we are frequently having problems about bad matchings.. dispit the fact we dont rush or engineer accounts or bases, there always engineered accounts by the opponent. What can we do about that?

Srr for the bad english.. 
    What is your clan tag? Someone can take a look and perhaps offer advice.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

Wait until supercell fixes the issue. You might want to grab a cup of coffee while you wait. Scratch that, you might want to prepare for your next 2-3 birthday parties first. Dont worry, you dont have to plan ypur parties today, you will have months and years to plan.

Personally I have given up on asking for fair matchups. While things have gotten better, they arent perfect and wont ever be until sc allows clans to accept the terms of the war themselves. They gave that option for friendly wars which is great if you dont care about war loot. Unfortunately, I want to progress as well in this game that already is like swimming in quicksand in terms of pregression capabilities without paying for them.

Sc will probably release that feature as a qol when they are loosing more players than gaining. It will be a last ditch effort to grab as much money as they can before the ship sinks.

Firstly OP, you are of course new to the forums. For future reference, please post things like this in the clan wars section.

Secondly, from your only other post, I believe this is your clan.
    https://cocp.it/clan/J0C0UCQV

I think having that Town hall 10 'minimax' below your TH6, might just be regarding as engineering.

More importantly however, having a very wide range of town halls in war (th6 - th11) is too wide of a spread, and makes you more likely to get engineered match ups.

To reduce the chance of meeting engineers:
    Narrow spread of town halls (2-3 different levels seems to work best)
    No engineered bases on your side

You can't guarantee avoiding them, but you can reduce the chance of meeting them.

You are however on a win streak of 4, and winning around 75% of your wars, so not sure if you really do have much of an issue!

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    and what about only maxed out th 12 in war? the matchmaking must be even or unbalanced for the enemy warclan.

I stand corrected. You can add heavy th11s too, just avoid anything under heavy th11 and you won't see significant engineering.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyValker View Post
    Firstly OP, you are of course new to the forums. For future reference, please post things like this in the clan wars section.

Secondly, from your only other post, I believe this is your clan.
    https://cocp.it/clan/J0C0UCQV

I think having that Town hall 10 'minimax' below your TH6, might just be regarding as engineering.

More importantly however, having a very wide range of town halls in war (th6 - th11) is too wide of a spread, and makes you more likely to get engineered match ups.

To reduce the chance of meeting engineers:
    Narrow spread of town halls (2-3 different levels seems to work best)
    No engineered bases on your side

You can't guarantee avoiding them, but you can reduce the chance of meeting them.

You are however on a win streak of 4, and winning around 75% of your wars, so not sure if you really do have much of an issue!
    i'll add to this, OP's defenses are also unbalanced on most of those 10s and his only 11 has both inferno and eagle dropped but its all low level.

those 2 9.5s are potentially causing trouble too
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 18 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH12 - K60/Q56/W30
    Fire - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20
    Inferno - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20

Quote Originally Posted by Christofst View Post
    Hey. In clanwar we are frequently having problems about bad matchings.. dispit the fact we dont rush or engineer accounts or bases...
    Sounds like some engineering is in order. Here are some tips that have helped others:

* make sure that your bases are all "in order" on the war map: 12s above 11s above 10s above 9s above 8s etc.

* try to use a common lineup. Figuring out what is common is murky but, for example, very few clans war with both TH12 and TH3. Restricting your lineup to just 3 different TH levels (e.g. 11-10-9) is neither necessary nor sufficient but sometimes helps some people. In general clans tend to have the fewest bases at the very top TH level, then a few more a bit down, then more than that farther down... so e.g. 5 th12 and 5 th9 would be uncommon, but one th12, two th11, three th10, four th9 should match pretty well.

* increasing the average war weight sometimes helps avoid engineers (since old-style engineering was all about decreasing your clan's average war weight). Dropping little bases from war, or having them rush to TH9 or TH10, might help. (You used to be able to fix this by rushing to 10 and building infernos, but now that infernos seem to not weigh as much the effect is reduced.)