Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Balloonion Guide [TH8]

Thumbs Up Balloonion Guide [TH8]

BlueFingers Balloonion Guide

Basically you use this little creature

and

This big boi right here

Strategy for trophy pushing changes over time. Remember when everyone used mass dragons? Remember when everyone used GoWipe? Yeah me neither. However this strategy is pretty popular up in Crystal to Champions. Basically it's a full on air assault with balloons dropping loads of ♥♥♥♥ onto defenses and minions as support. You can use heals to let your balloons tank in some wizard splash or rage to sweep through and crush defenses or just to make them go faster.

EDIT: THIS IS MAINLY USED FOR TROPHY PUSHING~~~

Army composition for TH8

(This is assuming your barracks, dark barracks, troops and army camps are all maxed)

Troop Distribution
    00:32:00

Dark Troop Distribution
    00:22:30
    00:22:30

And that about sums it up: 16x Balloons and 60x Minions.

There are many variations for it such as 20x Balloons and 50 minions and 24x Balloons and 40 minions.

Balloons provide more power to attack defenses and tanking and minions offer support. Increase the balloons and lower the minions if your balloons are dying out too quickly.

Spells

Since the setup I'm using takes roughly about half an hour I often go with a healing spell. Though if I'm using 20x or 24x balloons I will use a rage though it's just a matter of preference.

Healing Spell: Heals offer healing (
    ) to balloons when they are being hit on by some heavy wizard damage or a couple of air balloons gang up on a group, damaging them severely. Basically they help balloons last longer so they can take down more defenses. You should generally place it when their health is around 35%-45% and place the spell a little ahead of the direction they are going so they can be healed within the radius longer.

Rage Spell: Rage offers a damage increase and a speed increase as well to balloons. Though the damage increase is nice, it doesn't do too much since the balloons already have a high DPS. What is more important is speed benefit. A balloon moves at a unit rate of 10. However with a lvl 5 Rage Spell you can move a unit rate of 18. You can use that spell to close the distance between a wizard tower far away to quickly end it. However that is not all it can be used for. The Rage Spell can be used to add a power buff to minions once they reach the center. In the core, usually there are not any wizard tower, just single unit attackers like inferno towers, teslas, and xbows. So a group of minions can do work and with a rage it can power through the center gaining a easy two stars if done correctly.

There are other spells as well, but I don't deem them important or viable as the other two. The only one I can see slighty viable is a lightning spell to take out the CC, but a group of minions can do the job.

I usually go with 1x heal and 2x rage or 2x heal and 1x rage. Always have a healing spell, a wizard tower can do serious work and the healing spell will sustain the balloons long enough to let your minions get you a victory.

Attacking

Now we start the fun part~

1. CC

The Clan Castle should be filled with troops of your preference. It doesn't matter too much because the main attack strategy is just balloons and minions. However I prefer a aerial troop whether it be a group of minions or a dragon to help with the air assault.

2. Searching a base (Crystal and up)

In Crystal there are a lot of TH9 and TH10 and the occasional TH8. If you have all three of your spells (whether it be 2x rage or 1x heal or 1x rage or 2x heal) you can be guaranteed to take out any TH8 confidently. If it's a TH8 and you have only a spell, you can take it out and get a star AT LEAST. If you are attacking a TH9 try to look for ones where the wizard tower is upgrading or if it's weak (5 and under). Also try to see if it's near the first layer of walls so your balloons will attack it first. Basically look for easy wizard towers to take down so your balloons and minions will be safe from being wiped out. Also avoid centered CC or tough to lure ones.

3. Attacking the base

1. Lure out the CC and AQ using minions. If it's centered and your minions can't reach it (which you shouldn't be attacking, but) place two minions as a small distraction and let your balloon wander deep enough to lure it out. Sometimes it will die, but repeat the process again.
    2. Take out the CC by surrounding the group with a circle of minions. I usually use up to 15 minions for this.
    3. If you have 2 healing spells look for the side where the most wizard towers are. Drop a couple of balloons to detonate any air balloons then drop a balloon to the defense and then drop 6 right behind it. Then find another defense next to that defense and drop a balloon then drop 6 behind it. Then drop a massive squad of minions right behind it, I generally drop all of it until I have 10 left. The group will sweep through, place healing spells as necessary. Don't bother using them on minions unless you got a huge group about to be taken out (20 or more minions)
    4. If you have only 1 healing spell attack from the side where there are less wizard towers and apply the same strategy as step 3. (Step 3 allows a easier possibility of a 3 star because once the wizard towers are taken out your minions can sweep through and crush the rest while Step 4 allows a easier possibility of a 2 star because since there are less splash on this side you can a star easier and opening up to the TH for another star)
    5. While in the middle of step 3 or 4 place your last 2 balloons on a defense where it is being distracted by another balloon. Use your extra minions as a clean up squad to get you that 50% or just to add some support.
    6. You really don't need CC or Heroes, but they can help. Use your BK to get that last 50% or to distract a wizard tower and allowing your balloons to take it down. I often drop my CC right behind my BK as a support squad for my BK
    Last edited by BlueFingers21; December 1st, 2013 at 08:44 PM.

That about sums it up for how I use balloonions. I hope this helps you cuz it has been helping for me when I push.

Just remember these tips:

1. The only main counter to this strategy is the wizard tower. Use healing spells to nullify it or rage to quickly rush up and kill it.
    2. Drop your minions right after the balloons. The balloons won't last long without it's support and the minions won't last long without the balloons tanking.
    3. If you feel iffy about a base, don't bother. You want to play it safe.
    4. Always drop a couple of minions to detonate the air balloons, they can seriously damage your balloons overtime
    5. If the CC troops are ground and one of them can attack air (wizards, archers), you can lure them out into the opening, put a balloon in parallel to the CC troops and the nearest defense and let it go towards the defense, but the CC will shut it down and then the balloon will kamikaze on top of them. The distance between the troops and balloons will vary to what kind of troops it is. If it is a army of wizards then it will be shut down quickly so you place it really close to it. If it is a couple of archers then put some distance so by the time it comes to the archers it will kamikaze. Though don't put it too far away, it will cause the troops to walk towards it.

Thanks for reading, please comment

Sorry about the barrack distributor being scrunched up ._.
    Last edited by BlueFingers21; December 2nd, 2013 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ttsparkyboo View Post
    Nice guide!
    Boredom my friend.

Pro Member
    i dont find lvl5 baloons very effective in th8 what ive experienced so far. i think those units are just good to be leveled up until u can max them out and then start to use them

till then, bam is the only option since giant healer is messed up after the trap update (seeking airmines and springtraps everywhere nowadays)
    Raged Barch Tactics (vid)
    December 2013 loot nerf. never forgive never forget

www.firesofheaven.eu
    Clantag: #20QCJPGG
    German/Austrian/Swiss Clan

Quote Originally Posted by diLuca View Post
    i dont find lvl5 baloons very effective in th8 what ive experienced so far. i think those units are just good to be leveled up until u can max them out and then start to use them

till then, bam is the only option since giant healer is messed up after the trap update (seeking airmines and springtraps everywhere nowadays)

LVL 6 Balloons are devastating, but LVL 5 are still good. How did you use them?

Great guide, I feel not that many th 8s use it. Very well wrote. Keep them coming!

ill be trying it out myself...

One concern I had was the minions costing DE, I'm trying to save up for more barb king levels, do you find you get a profit of DE when you use them or are you losing DE over the period of raids

Pro Member
    in th 8 u have the luxury to farm millions of gold in a short time with BAM. something u would never be able to do with baloons and minions. besides that the gap between lvl 5 + 6 balloons is huge in regards of hitpoints and damage.
    Raged Barch Tactics (vid)
    December 2013 loot nerf. never forgive never forget

www.firesofheaven.eu
    Clantag: #20QCJPGG
    German/Austrian/Swiss Clan

Quality post. Thank you so much for sharing. Is it possible to use this as a th8 to get to masters?