Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is 0.5 engineering?

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSk View Post
    As soon as you build your base with the war weight in your mind, you are engineering, so most war players do.
    Agreed. Another example: getting to the next TH, building all of the def and upgrading them, and neglecting offense, in order to match a clan with a bunch of rushers, because rushers are easier to beat.

Still another: warring with just little bases in order to match noob clans and beating them, because they're noobs.

It's a big tent. Welcome, fellow engineer!

Forum Veteran
    As everyone is saying, engineering is as engineering does. With the latest, secret MM, nobody can tell you whether you are gaining advantage, by going .5, or creating a disadvantage, as the workings are totally obscure. Sure, .5 places your off above def, but what if the MM has a 2:1 off/def ratio built into it, due to having 2 war attacks?.. Things have changed since the 12 drop, and more questions than answers have been the outcome so far. Even the most enlightened forum members are in disagreement over practices that were a given, in the past.
    Maybe the best policy, is to follow an upgrade path that works for you. If you get good spins, and are winning wars, then you are doing things correctly, for your clans purposes, whether it be engineering or not. If you are getting bad spins and/or losing, then a change to your format will be required.
    Engineering, in its current form, is slowly dying, so don't worry about terminology.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfBloodPrince View Post
    Can anyone quote someone (a moderator/Darian) saying "0.5 is engineering"?

I tried searching, but couldn't find anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthPat View Post
    To the matchmaking algorithm it is.
    this entirely
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 18 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH12 - K60/Q56/W30
    Fire - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20
    Inferno - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20

Is it engineering to rush one account to TH12 to donate WW, and leave this account out of the war?
    Listen, and understand! That Engineer is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until your win streak is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    Is it engineering to rush one account to TH12 to donate WW, and leave this account out of the war?
    Yes, that is called 12.WW, you need to get with the times. The matchmaker doesn’t flag it so don’t worry.
    Last edited by 2222; July 13th, 2018 at 12:28 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Yes, that is called 12.WW, you need to get with the times. The matchmaker doesn’t flag it so don’t worry.
    Yes, of course! You are altering the progression path of your base, purely with the intent of offering a war advantage to your clan, over those who choose not to sensibly upgrade one of those bases.

It's indirect roster engineering, but I'm more than happy to go with 12.WW, as it just looks so much better!!!!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 13 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH11, 50-50-20.

While I'm a 9.5 and was a serious .5 lately. But some recent discussions in clan war sub forum made me to think if that is really helping our wars. So, I started observing our matches more carefully and from that, I can say that .5s in our clan are not giving much of an advantage (may be more disadvantageous). We find complete bases and in many cases engineers (9.11 n similar). And luckily I got a video from Clash Tutor on matchmaking n engineering based on the changes made, every1's talking about. It was not much different than what listening on forums, and gave little more deep insight on the situation. .5s are at more disadvantage than engineers at present.
    Keeping the balance is better than serious .5. When going to new th lvl, it won't be a good idea to drop defenses too soon when offensewise backwards. But holding off defenses till all heroes n troops are maxed isn't good. Better to get those deff when offense is built enough to 3 star them. I was holding off defenses for way too long. But better late than never so, I'm flexible enough to change the old mindset and planning to get ITs down in 2days (builders to get free).
    Last edited by BlazeStormz123; July 13th, 2018 at 04:37 PM.
    Never Give Up Without Even Trying!

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    Yes, of course! You are altering the progression path of your base, purely with the intent of offering a war advantage to your clan, over those who choose not to sensibly upgrade one of those bases.

It's indirect roster engineering, but I'm more than happy to go with 12.WW, as it just looks so much better!!!!
    I always thought it was called clangineeing?
    Clan - Highland chiefs, Highlandchiefs2, highlandrebels, CWSF xp grabbibg
    Accounts - 5 th12, 11 th11s. Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingchief View Post
    I always thought it was called clangineeing?
    I like that term. If you will permit me to use it I will grant you rights to the term potioneered any time you like.
    Listen, and understand! That Engineer is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until your win streak is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post

Hmm, now I’ve thought of a problem with the 12.WW term I made up...er I mean that well recognized term that Papa should’ve known: what if players start doing it for blimps some day in the future when blimps become better? I think we better go with 12.SM
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.