Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Question re: releasing town visitors for main farm to pick up

Question re: releasing town visitors for main farm to pick up

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I don't recall reading about it.
    My main farm is doing a grocery store task. My baby farm has several visitors who are requesting 2-3 buildings including the grocery store. When I release them for my main farm to pick up, how is it determined which building those visitors will then request. For example, I just released 5 townies and none of them requested the grocery when I went to pick them up. (I realize I should already know this, but not a huge fan of the town...thx).
    VISION

Go Beyond Your Own Backyard
    -Unknown

The best answer I have is that I do not know. It’s been discussed, but I do not think anyone has cracked the code on where the townies will want to visit when they leave your town. With the number of buildings to choose from, it seems quite random. I have never noticed that any particular townie wants to visit the same building they requested in your town. For example, the townie requesting the grocery store that you did not serve, will not necessarily want to visit the grocery store when they go to the next town.
    Level 147
    Achievement 142/144
    Be kind. 🤗

Thanks for the response. (I thought maybe there was something I was missing...)
    VISION

-Unknown

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    I'm sure this has been asked before, but I don't recall reading about it.
    My main farm is doing a grocery store task. My baby farm has several visitors who are requesting 2-3 buildings including the grocery store. When I release them for my main farm to pick up, how is it determined which building those visitors will then request. For example, I just released 5 townies and none of them requested the grocery when I went to pick them up. (I realize I should already know this, but not a huge fan of the town...thx).
    from your main farm, use your train to visit baby farm, you’ll see what buildings your townies want to go to. Note, this only works after you release your townies and they are waiting on train platform to be picked up to visit another town. Happy Derbying

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    I have never noticed that any particular townie wants to visit the same building they requested in your town.
    I wonder if they actually are coded to ask for a building they have NOT already asked for before, or of it's completely random.

Quote Originally Posted by LavenderRay View Post
    from your main farm, use your train to visit baby farm, you’ll see what buildings your townies want to go to. Note, this only works after you release your townies and they are waiting on train platform to be picked up to visit another town. Happy Derbying
    You can actually also see it on the babyfarm in the last townhall-tab (I forgot what exactly it's named... "Leaving town" I think). You can see there which townies go home (meaning they are those you had picked up from another town already) and which ones are waiting for a train (which can be the Eggspress as well as the Personal Train of another farm). You can also see which building they'll want.
    Last edited by xSaturnx; 3 Days Ago at 11:36 PM.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    The specific building townies will ask for when you send them away canít be controlled. As in you canít ďforceĒ townies to want to visit the grocery store in the next town. So in that sense it is random. Whether there is some kind of long sequence behind it, other logic or truly random I do not know. If there is a logic then I havenít heard of anyone cracking that yet. Even if there is it would be still be not very useful to know because you still canít influence it. Therefore I just go by the itís random.

One thing is important to note, if your baby farm hasnít unlocked a certain town building yet then it cannot produce townies asking for that building in the next town. For example my baby farms town has not unlocked the spa, gift shop and beach cafe yet. None of the townies I send away on that farm will ask for spa, gift shop or beach cafe.

Long story short you basically depend on luck when sending townies away a few will need to visit the building youíre looking for and derby strategy wise the town building task is quite different from the generic town visitor task or the specific town visitor tasks. With these tasks others can send away the specific townies you need or just a full load of anything if youíre doing generic. This is not possible with the town building task.

The twist with the town building task however compared to the other 2 town related tasks is that unlike the other 2 you do not have to fully serve the visitors and collect the final gift for the town building task. You can easily use Eggspress train townies and only serve that building and they will count towards the task.

Ill use an example of an Eggspress train townie for the various different tasks
    Lady
    Buildings needed B&B, Spa, Grocery

Generic town task. She needs to visit all 3 buildings for the townie to count towards the task.
    Lady task. She needs to visit all 3 buildings for the townie to count towards the task.
    Grocery store task: She only needs to visit and have her serving in the grocery store. Once you release her from the grocery store and get the coin and XP for that serving the townie will count towards the task. Serving the B&B and Spa is irrelevant.

This sounds super obvious yet I have seen the most experienced of players just not consider this option. Maybe it was because this type of task was introduced later and it was already drilled into our mindsets that for derby tasks you use 1-stop townies you get with the personal train as theyíre the fastest.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    GC: Kolonistje1 | Level: 116 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    One thing is important to note, if your baby farm hasn’t unlocked a certain town building yet then it cannot produce townies asking for that building in the next town. For example my baby farms town has not unlocked the spa, gift shop and beach cafe yet. None of the townies I send away on that farm will ask for spa, gift shop or beach cafe.
    Interesting.

All good information. Thanks everyone
    VISION

-Unknown

It used to choose one of the buildings that town visitor was served in. After one of the updates, it became seemingly completely random.
    Level 103 Farm
    Event Data Nut
    All land expanded
    Barn: 4900 Silo: 4200
    9/12 Sanctuary Animals