Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Ratio of Lurkers to Members?

  1. #1
    Forum Superstar LynnK2015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Posts
    3,183

    Ratio of Lurkers to Members?

    It's a slow day in the ForumTalk subforum, so I looked at the current index which states that "There are currently 14644 users online. 89 members and 14555 guests."

    https://forum.supercell.com/index.php

    So less than 1% of us reading this post has created a forum account?

    EDIT: Current Helsinki time is 11:32AM on July 12, 2018.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; July 12th, 2018 at 08:35 AM.
    Lynn, 10-2-18, clasher and farmer, but not boomer and brawler

    Supercell CEO and Founder Ilkka Paananen on the culture of his company
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...pany-s-culture

  2. #2
    The Lost Little Growlithe DeltaDroid4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Whenever, wherever
    Posts
    1,065
    I've noticed that usually in the past if there wasn't an update about to come for any of the supercell games, the forum would typically have about 6000 guests and 100 members, so only 1.6% of readers are actually members, so right now is actually a pretty typical ratio for the guests to members. Most people actually view these forums just for info about ingame updates and create accounts either because a problem happened to them (they lost their account, they accidentally promoted a random person to leader of their clan, etc) or they want to advertise their clan/task force/neighbourhood) so we can assume around only 1 in 100 people who view these forums create an account.

    Whas strange is that over 12,000 people are currently viewing the CoC subforum, and most of the traffic there recently was due to the th12 update. However, that update occurred almost a month ago so the reason for the high number of viewers puzzles me.
    bu8h9ophnosh80ohr0awpzshvcjawhv9fhiwnevs

  3. #3
    Jwp721's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,278
    Some of those guests could be members who just haven't bothered to log in since they are just reading and not replying....

    Another example is my iPhone is never logged into the forum so when I view from that device it would appear as if I were just a guest....




  4. #4
    Tiler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Mount Celeste
    Posts
    6,449
    Makes sense to me. I lurk on a number of forums that relate to others games I enjoy, or hobbies I have, but I only post on like... one
    Last edited by Tiler; July 13th, 2018 at 07:20 PM.
    Cloud Control - Why are clouds so terrible, and what are the possible ways to get rid of them?

  5. #5
    Forum Champion Warios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    6,353
    Could also be search engine bots reading the threads as well. Not sure how often/many there would be though.
    Level: 246 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h






  6. #6
    Millennial Club DesiOutlaw125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Wanted - Dead or Alive
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDroid4 View Post
    I've noticed that usually in the past if there wasn't an update about to come for any of the supercell games, the forum would typically have about 6000 guests and 100 members, so only 1.6% of readers are actually members, so right now is actually a pretty typical ratio for the guests to members. Most people actually view these forums just for info about ingame updates and create accounts either because a problem happened to them (they lost their account, they accidentally promoted a random person to leader of their clan, etc) or they want to advertise their clan/task force/neighbourhood) so we can assume around only 1 in 100 people who view these forums create an account.

    Whas strange is that over 12,000 people are currently viewing the CoC subforum, and most of the traffic there recently was due to the th12 update. However, that update occurred almost a month ago so the reason for the high number of viewers puzzles me.
    This post is kinda relatable. I came to advertise my clan and ended up in goofing around OT. The good ol' days.


    -Desi



    Thank you DragonX101 for this cool Sig!




  7. #7
    Forum Superstar PaluEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    <unknown>
    Posts
    3,182
    Just a quick reply to mention that in last days, I noticed that the ratio was more around 100-200 members to 20k lurkers. Most still on CoC forum. Somehow the traffic has grown (Games?). I’ll check during this off-game week if this changes.

  8. #8
    Millennial Club DesiOutlaw125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Wanted - Dead or Alive
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    Just a quick reply to mention that in last days, I noticed that the ratio was more around 100-200 members to 20k lurkers. Most still on CoC forum. Somehow the traffic has grown (Games?). I’ll check during this off-game week if this changes.
    Quick maths tip : ratio is always written in the simplest form
    For eg : 6 to 12 will be written as 1 to 2


    Don't call me a nerd




    -Desi



    Thank you DragonX101 for this cool Sig!




  9. #9
    Senior Member That Little Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Belgium, a beautiful town. Here, you can find the best Fries, chocolate, beer and waffles ever!
    Posts
    212
    Where do you find this information? Only for staff?

  10. #10
    Forum Superstar PaluEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    <unknown>
    Posts
    3,182
    Quote Originally Posted by DesiOutlaw125 View Post
    Quick maths tip : ratio is always written in the simplest form
    For eg : 6 to 12 will be written as 1 to 2
    Don't call me a nerd
    -Desi
    LOL Desi. Nice to see you again, by the way
    Ok, then, lets say the ratio I have been seeing since June 12 (TH12), was around 1 member to 100 readers, and 9-of-10 in COC.
    It actually dropped in the last days, after end of last COC Games to about 1 member to 150 readers, only 8-of-10 in COC (showing a steady readership in other games, less in COC).

    Quote Originally Posted by EngelsReinout View Post
    Where do you find this information? Only for staff?
    Check here in 'Full Site' view.
    Each forum has the listed 'readers', and at bottom the composition of these readers, between logged members and not, for the complete site.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •