Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Siege Machine friend or foe?

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    I am in Rebecca's clan. Even before the TH12 upgrade when we were strictly maxing, I was noticing that we were often out numbered on TH11s and EA. For instance, if we had 5 TH11s with say 9 levels of EAs then the opponent would have 6-8 11s with 11-12 levels of EAs.
    With that kind of lineup, the matchmaker has always had trouble. There just were not very many clans warring with a bunch of full TH11. And, if you look at what percentage of your total clan war weight is composed of TH11, once you have a bunch of them, a discrepancy in number of TH11 is not that big a percentage difference, especially when war sizes are small. Plus, we hardly ever know how long the opponent clan has been searching. Maybe you searched for an hour but they've been searching for five. We don't know how the matchmaker solves cases like that.

I expect the same thing to happen at th12, once more people start warring with more fully upgraded bases. We've even seen it ourselves; often the number of th12 on each side are not the same, even though we only war with 1-2 th12.
    Last edited by littledoctor; 5 Days Ago at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    I expect the same thing to happen at th12, once more people start warring with more fully upgraded bases. We've even seen it ourselves; often the number of th12 on each side are not the same, even though we only war with 1-2 th12.
    we war with around 16-24 th12 depending how many are opted in on a given day. we've never see the discrepancy per side be more than 4. last war we had 22 to the enemy 26 which was the largest difference we've seen. most wars it's +/-1 such as our current war is 20 vs 21.

i'd say they do a better job at matching th12 count than they ever did at th11 count
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 18 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH12 - K50/Q55/W27
    Fire - TH11 - K50/Q48/W20
    Inferno - TH11 - K50/Q49/W20

We war th12-8 (although we may change that to th12-9 soon). Although it seems like the war just comes down to the top few attackers because everything else is 3 starred, the lower bases are still important. If the th8s 3 star all enemy th8s and have some attacks left over, they can scout the top bases and have saved the th9s from having to dip. That makes it easier for the th9s to 3 star all the enemy th9s. If they can do that, the th10s have more chances at the enemy th10s. This carries all the way up the map so those lower attacks do matter in my opinion. Even though a dip can just go and clear it out if needed, it is much better to have that extra attack up top than having to use it lower.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black (not white) clouds screen; Legends2 5000+ trophies, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs cant attack Legends1 players; let us do more from clouds like watch war, donate, do FCs, base design; create 3rd PvP trophy ladder or add PvP above 6000 in legends.

Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    With that kind of lineup, the matchmaker has always had trouble. There just were not very many clans warring with a bunch of full TH11. And, if you look at what percentage of your total clan war weight is composed of TH11, once you have a bunch of them, a discrepancy in number of TH11 is not that big a percentage difference, especially when war sizes are small. Plus, we hardly ever know how long the opponent clan has been searching. Maybe you searched for an hour but they've been searching for five. We don't know how the matchmaker solves cases like that.

Look - I get that they aren't going to be the same. But I would expect to see us on the side with more, at least some of the time, and yet that never happened. I only joined the clan a few months ago, but in the months leading up to the TH12 release I don't recall us ever having an EA/TH11 advantage. We were consistently paired with more halls and more EAs. Maybe that's the plight of maxers? I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    We war th12-8 (although we may change that to th12-9 soon). Although it seems like the war just comes down to the top few attackers because everything else is 3 starred, the lower bases are still important. If the th8s 3 star all enemy th8s and have some attacks left over, they can scout the top bases and have saved the th9s from having to dip. That makes it easier for the th9s to 3 star all the enemy th9s. If they can do that, the th10s have more chances at the enemy th10s. This carries all the way up the map so those lower attacks do matter in my opinion. Even though a dip can just go and clear it out if needed, it is much better to have that extra attack up top than having to use it lower.
    Agreed. All of our wars are like that. The war we lost last night we had a huge advantage lower. I am a near max TH9 99% of walls finished and heroes at 28/30. My mirror was a TH9.8 with maxed point defenses, no xbows, and mostly level 8 with a few level 9 walls. Heroes were 13/15 and troops were relatively weak 6/6/6/5/5/6/4/4/2/1 for lixir and 4/4/2/2/1/1 for DE troops. We cleaned up with nearly all 3* first attacks and had tons of scouts for their top bases. We lost on percentage, but if dip fails were taken into account instead of % for tie breakers we would have won by a large margin LOL!

We get very fair matches after the update. Small 5v5, 10v10 and 15v15 wars because our engineers are not allowed to participate anymore. 5 th12, 2 th11, 1 th10, 2 th9 this war for example. Sometimes one clan gets an additional th12 but that doesn't make a big difference.

Bad attackers can still screw up dip attacks. Good attackers were able to get 3 stars against lower town halls almost every time before the update. Siege machines didn't change our 11v10 and 10v9 3 star rates because they were 90-100% anyway.