Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Lynn K's QMT (Season One)

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by mdcfc View Post
    Foreign travel - have you ever lived abroad, if not what was your favourite place to visit?
    No, I haven't lived abroad yet. But my favorite place to visit is Vienna, Austria. It's a memorable destination because it's rich in culture, history, art, architecture, and music.

The highlight of my visit is Schönbrunn Palace (summer residence of Empress Maria Theresa) with its lavish interiors and beautifully kept gardens.

As I wandered around the city, I recalled the famous composers who were born here or came to work here: Beethoven, Brahms, Mahler, Schubert, Strauss. And many of their works, some of which are monuments to Western civilization, IMO, were performed in The City of Music.

favourite sports or sports teams followed??
    American football. It's the closest spectator sports to the gladiators fighting in the Roman Colosseum. It's a brutal sport and not for everyone because on every play, each player is trying to hit his opponent with maximum blunt force trauma to end his season or playing career. Unless you're one of the two kickers on the team. But everyone else gets an opportunity to deliver pain or receive pain. Some more than others.

Beer, wine or cocktails?
    Sadly, I don't enjoy the taste of alcohol and drinking more than two sips will impair my cognition and I must lie down to sleep it off. Nevertheless, when I visited Munich and Vienna, I took one sip of beer to compare and contrast with American beer I tasted in the past. The only reason beer makers based in the United States are still in business is because not enough Americans travel to Germany and Austria to discover what a real beer taste like, IMO. It shouldn't taste like a diluted mystery drink.

can you explain what the Selctive Service System is?
    Selective Service is an euphemism for conscription created by President Woodrow Wilson. After the United States declared war on Germany in 1917, Wilson urged Congress to pass a law to raise a national army of one million men to send overseas for World War One. And thus, the Selective Service Act was passed and created the Selective Service System.

In his speech arguing for war against Germany, Wilson said a sentence which is still one of the cornerstones of American foreign policy: "The world must be made safe for democracy." Based on my knowledge of American history, I find the statement ironic because domestic tranquility didn't exist at the time in the United States. The Civil Rights movement was still about 50 years in the future.

Per current American law, all male U.S. citizens and male immigrant non-citizens must register with the Selective Service System within 30 days of their 18th birthdays. At the time of my 18th birthday, I was a permanent resident but wasn't a naturalized U.S. citizen until a few years later. After registering with the SSS, I received a call from the Marines Corps inviting me to come in for a recruiting pitch. I already made plans to go to college but decided to listen to the recruiter about the benefits of serving our country as a Marine. It was decades ago and I don't remember his words but he didn't coddle me because war isn't an adventure and it's deadly serious. I appreciated his candor but decided to serve my country in other ways. BTW, the Army, Navy, and Air Force didn't try to recruit me.

if you were hosting a dinner party and could invite 3 special guests (living or dead -we’ll assume necromancy applies) who would you invite?
    If I were on Fantasy Island, my dinner companions would be Johannes Brahms, Grace Kelly, and Jascha Heifetz. Brahms wouldn't understand English so I hope he understands my limited German. I'd ask why he didn't try to woo Clara Schumann. Did his friendship with Robert Schumann prevented this courtship?

I don't know which would be harder, asking the reincarnation of Helen of Troy for a dance or asking 20th Century's greatest concert violinist to play "Hungarian Dance #5" while I dance with Grace Kelly. I'm sure Herr Brahms would be amused by my interpretation of the Argentinian tango to his music.

Whats the scariest thing you ever did or experienced in your whole life?
    I believe when the doctor asked me if I was an organ donor. I said yes while lying on the gurney in the emergency room, not fully understanding the implication of the question because my cognition had been impaired severely after experiencing a cerebral hemorrhage. I wasn't ready to have a family reunion with my ancestors yet or explore the "undiscovered country" as Shakespeare put it so eloquently. "...I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep." Thank you Robert Frost.

The good news is that none of my organs were harvested that day and the hemorrhage wasn't so severe that the doctor must drill holes in my skull to alleviate the pressure. That would've impeded my recovery and I don't want to look like Frankenstein. To this day, I wonder where this ER doctor went to medical school and who taught him the bedside manner.

If you were planning your own funeral and could only have one piece of music, which piece would you choose? (Is that too morbid?)
    It's only morbid if one hadn't seen death or experience near death like I did. In my fantasy, the Berliner Philharmoniker would perform the final movement from Beethoven's Fifth Symphony. The attendees are encouraged to dance to it if the mood strikes them as I have been tempted many times while listening to the Fifth at a concert hall.

I think I showed remarkable restraint.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; March 13th, 2019 at 01:30 AM. Reason: spelling
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Hi LynnK

What would you do, if money doesn‘t matter to plan the day of your dreams?

Is there anything that scares you?

What was the last concert you‘ve attended?

What dish is your least favorite one?

As you like Maggie, have you already found your most preferable design or are you still waiting for it to show up?

If you could change one feature/item in HD, what would it be?

Forum Veteran
    Great answers Lynn, thank you for such thorough and well thought out answers. You are setting the bar very high for the rest of us LOL
    Steve: Hayday Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2. 150+ golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players
    CoC coleader Fat Kitty Stars #28Q99R2P9 active clan, learning together and having fun

Have you ever seen me before?

Describe yourself in three words.
    Last edited by Clash12344321; July 13th, 2018 at 05:02 PM.

Hey LynnK

dogs or cats?

ice cream or froyo?

live in the past or in the future?

beach, pool or jacuzzi?

tea or coffee?

Thks

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    Hi, lynnK!

since it was you who brought up the 80s, I will ask the following for each of which I would like to see 2 answers

which character on the following 1980s TV programs (does not need to be leads, can be supporting)

A) do you like most?
    B) do you resemble most?

1) mork and mindy

2) the love boat

3) star trek

4) the golden girls

5) happy days

6) three’s company

7) Saturday night live (character or person in this case)

8) MASH

9) SOAP!

10) Newhart

No comment on #1, #5, #7, #8, #9, #10 because I didn't watch them or I did and didn't think they were that memorable.

2. I think I was too young to appreciate the coolness of The Love Boat when it aired in 80's. I watched it recently in reruns and I'm hooked.
    a) Favorite character is Julie.
    b) I resemble Gopher the most.

3. May I assume you were referring to both The Original Series and The Next Generation? I watched reruns of TOS in the 80's and TNG during its original run. I'm watching TOS and TNG back-to-back on weeknights. Thank you H&I network.
    a) Favorite TOS character is Kirk because his portrayer got the best lines even though his delivery was sometimes wooden, IMO; for TNG it's Counselor Troi because she's the Goddess of Empathy.
    b) I resemble Sulu and Barclay.

4. The Golden Girls made me realize that my grandparents may have an active love life.
    a) Favorite character is Sophia.
    b) I resemble Sophia the most.

6. To this date, I don't know what made Three's Company so funny to me. Is it the writing, the actors, or the production values?
    a) favorite character is Jack Tripper
    b) I resemble Mr. Furley.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; July 13th, 2018 at 07:55 PM.
    What the hell?

Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    Oh Lynn. You reminded me of my father who was always quoting to us the four things that come not back. I don’t have a question right now but I’ll be back.  Thanks.
    OK, I see you didn't signup for a QMT yet so I don't know how long must I wait to ask the following question: What four things that cannot come back per your father. Thank you for the closure.
    What the hell?

My scorchers are fires up and ready to roll. How do you defend your farm?

Do you have any rocks on your farm at the moment? My Grens are looking for something to blow up.

Have you seen a raccoon running around your farm? If so, does it have a set of Silverado keys in its mouth?

If he’s not on your farm, have you seen him on any of your neighbor’s farms?

If you do see him, can you catch him and bring him to the Boom Beach forum? Don’t worry about the foam around his mouth.

If you could travel back in time and kill anyone, who would you kill?

If you were walking by a lake and saw a lawyer drowning, would you go to dinner or a movie?

If you were a bird, whose car would you poop on first?

What insect does ilovehayday remind you of?

What type of fish do you think cowslips would be if cowslips became a fish?

Did you expect me?

or ?

Am i a nice guy?

Quote Originally Posted by bender018 View Post
    What would you do, if money doesn‘t matter to plan the day of your dreams?
    I'd explore the final frontier in this vehicle below but equipped with a transwarp drive.

Is there anything that scares you?
    Being eaten by an apex predator.

What was the last concert you‘ve attended?
    Beethoven's Violin Concerto performed by the local symphony and soloist Christian Tetzlaff who looked like an adult Harry Potter then but now looks like a rock star with flowing long hair past his shoulders and awesome facial hair.

What dish is your least favorite one?
    Leftovers of dishes I make. I don't have time to make seven dishes a week so I must make extra servings. Oddly enough, the American beef stew I made tasted better as a leftover. Having a food synthesizer like the ones seen in the Star Trek universe would make life so easier for me.

As you like Maggie, have you already found your most preferable design or are you still waiting for it to show up?
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...en-Means-to-Me

If you could change one feature/item in HD, what would it be?
    Allow the leader of a neighborhood to turn off the filters in chat. Sometimes they're an impediment to communication, IMO.

Thank you Team Clash of Clans and Team Clash Royale for offering this option.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash12344321 View Post
    Have you ever seen me before?
    Sure, you're one of my teammates in the addictive but competitive counting game below.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11791919

Describe yourself in three words.
    Handsome yet humble.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; July 15th, 2018 at 07:25 AM. Reason: included picture of the Defiant
    What the hell?