Thread: Matchmaking

Matchmaking

Can there be more HQ influence on matchmaking for low XP players. I'm just into the 30's and most bases on my map are 20-30 levels higher. Pretty much clear npc bases only as there is no way to win against such odds. Makes for a boring game when you don't have a chance.
    Thanks.

Matchmaking is based on VP, but at lower VP ranges (usually below 600) it also takes into account your HQ level. As your VP rises toward 600 the matchmaking algorithm starts to rely less and less on your HQ as a factor and rely more and more on your VP. So if you're VP is too high for your HQ level then consider putting your HQ at the beach for a few days to drop your VP back to where the opponents on your map are beatable.

It'd also help to know what kind of statues you use and what your troop levels are. If you're focusing on the wrong ones then that can play a big role on your hindrance in the game.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    Boom Beach - maxed
    Clash of Clans | TH10 | Level 133 |
    Clash Royale | Arena 11 | 86/86 |

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    Matchmaking is based on VP, but at lower VP ranges (usually below 600) it also takes into account your HQ level. As your VP rises toward 600 the matchmaking algorithm starts to rely less and less on your HQ as a factor and rely more and more on your VP. So if you're VP is too high for your HQ level then consider putting your HQ at the beach for a few days to drop your VP back to where the opponents on your map are beatable.

It'd also help to know what kind of statues you use and what your troop levels are. If you're focusing on the wrong ones then that can play a big role on your hindrance in the game.
    The problem with beaching is that it doesn't really work.

I've been running an account with only level 1 snipers, so not really different than a beached base.
    I'm upto 400VP now, but I'm still only getting 1-3 raids a day. In the early stages of the game, even just attacking NPC bases, you will be getting more of the extra +1VP. So its not really possible to drop VP early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post

I just saw the Matchmaking 2.0 thread. I didn't realize they had just made a change to the algorithm, however I did notice a difference up until the last two days. Seems like it has reverted, because my map currently is full of 47 - 64 lvl bases, and for a few days there the highest was in low 50s. Either that, or the algorithm really changes after 500 VP. I was hovering around that last week, now consistently just above.

I'm XP 35 VP 510~
    All offensive statues
    Maxed GB and LCs for my lvl
    Maxed zooks
    Near maxed wars and heavies.. and I'm an experienced player.
    PT #9G0VYQJC

Quote Originally Posted by Villli View Post
    I just saw the Matchmaking 2.0 thread. I didn't realize they had just made a change to the algorithm, however I did notice a difference up until the last two days. Seems like it has reverted, because my map currently is full of 47 - 64 lvl bases, and for a few days there the highest was in low 50s. Either that, or the algorithm really changes after 500 VP. I was hovering around that last week, now consistently just above.

I'm XP 35 VP 510~
    All offensive statues
    Maxed GB and LCs for my lvl
    Maxed zooks
    Near maxed wars and heavies.. and I'm an experienced player.
    PT #9G0VYQJC
    510 VP is very high for your XP level. My mini account is XP 46 and is getting matched against XP 50+ at around 400 VP, but being a very seasoned and experienced player makes a big difference because I'm still able to take them down. Just today I beat an XP 60 player with my mini account without taking any losses. Maybe spend a week or so attacking the daily events only to stop your VP from rising further
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    Boom Beach - maxed
    Clash of Clans | TH10 | Level 133 |
    Clash Royale | Arena 11 | 86/86 |