Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This is what frustrates me most about war weights.

Warriors are OP
    Quote Originally Posted by jrex1000 View Post
    I’m sorry but the weight of infernos is way too high, especially with the healing block removed. The 2 pics just show how off the war weight is. A base with nearly maxed th 11 defenses, but no discos is way more difficult to 3 star than a th 10 with infernos. Maybe I’m wrong, but just my feelings.

It's irrelevant in the the long term. Continue to truly advance and pass the engineers. For all their talk of intelligence and creativity and unmatched brilliance, they still have to drop defense to get to 12. No doubt these mighty masters of video game war will dominate without having to face a worthwhile opponent, but who really cares?

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    They only show that if you think the order of the map, which is based on the gold storage weights, still is what is used by the matchmaker for actual defensive weights. Head on over to the war subforum where this thread will probably be moved and check out the discussions on why that is not likely true anymore.
    ....??

Let's try over simplifying for a change. That 11 has better walls, higher lvl and extra Ds, a lvl 20 gw and a lvl 50 aq but it is ranked lower than a 10 with infernos. What happens when you remove the infernos from that 10? Which one of em are gonna be ranked at #5?
    Th11
    Level 150
    Heroes: 50/50/20
    Loot Grab: 2bil/2bil/14mil
    Highest Trophy: 5072

We are not engineered if thatís what youíre asking. Even if we were I would have the same feelings. Infernos are weighted way too high now.
    This makes me go LOL. Some people are saying IT and EA are weighted low and some are saying they are weighted too high. Which one to listen? SC won't reveal any stats on this. So no wonder this will keep on happening. All we can do is speculate.

But at least I'm happy about war match making, as post this update my clan got fair matching almost much higher than we used to get before update. For example, in my current war itself, I'm at #5, th12 with th11 max + army camps of th12. But my mirror is engineered base. EA, IT, Xbows are all level 1, other defences are of th9/10. I'm sure that guy must be going crazy after finding end to his engineered base. This make me really happy seeing that SC is working towards end of engineering. CHEERS!!!
    /peace\

TH12***** | Exp 207 | Royals 50-60-27 | War Stars 1664 | BB8 | BM 25
    Profile: https://www.clashofstats.com/players...QC922Q/profile

No6 is much harder than no5. But no6 totally war weight is higher than no5. MMA will try to aim th align first. Don't just focus what his number is in the war map. It only depend on defense war weight, excludes offense.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherClashPlayer View Post
    ....??

Let's try over simplifying for a change. That 11 has better walls, higher lvl and extra Ds, a lvl 20 gw and a lvl 50 aq but it is ranked lower than a 10 with infernos. What happens when you remove the infernos from that 10? Which one of em are gonna be ranked at #5?
    I think you are missing the point 2222 is trying to make.
    For the last 2 years or so, the community assumption has been that your position on the map, in relation to your clan mates, has been a reflection of your actual defensive war weight. With this is mind, the diagnosis that Infernos are weighted too high would indeed be a valid one, and this is indeed a common interpretation shared by many, including myself.

But last year, something changed. Gold storage weights (and by definition map positions) have all but remained static in the last 12 months, and yet we know weights have radically changed, both by community feedback, and via communications from SC staff (Darian).
    The assumption held today, by many experienced players, is that actual defensive weights are now 'under the hood' server side, while map positions are maintained to verify war loot bonuses only.

If you'd like a more in depth analysis, I would recommend reading this post by my GASP colleague Onyx, who's been leading the charge on this subject for some time now :-

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11787009

Hope this helps!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 13 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH11, 50-50-20.

It won't make any serious change to non engineers to have both sides infernos lowered. It's just going to equal out.

We are not engineered if thatís what youíre asking. Even if we were I would have the same feelings. Infernos are weighted way too high now.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherClashPlayer View Post
    ....??

In answer to your question, if you remove the infernos, the ranking will change. However, like I said in my post, the map ranking doesn’t really matter anymore since the weights used to rank the order aren’t the same weights used for the actual matchmaker.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    It won't make any serious change to non engineers to have both sides infernos lowered. It's just going to equal out.
    Well there is one minor change: if as we suspect inferno weight has been decreased, all those engineered clans without infernos suddenly aren't tons lighter than clans that do carry infernos, so there should be more matching between engineered and non-engineered, with the non-engineered having an advantage in number of infernos.

Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    , with the non-engineered having an advantage in number of infernos.
    Kind of, but probably more importantly we are seeing a correlation in offence capability too. Those non inferno bases tend not to have TH10 offence, but something a little stronger.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 13 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH11, 50-50-20.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    Well there is one minor change: if as we suspect inferno weight has been decreased, all those engineered clans without infernos suddenly aren't tons lighter than clans that do carry infernos, so there should be more matching between engineered and non-engineered, with the non-engineered having an advantage in number of infernos.
    Well, if they did change the weights, then the real beauty is that nobody knows how, and where, since the war map will appear as normal.
    So anybody that was hung up on not upgrading a particular item due to the weight increase, will no longer have a yard stick, with which to measure their progress, or even if they are pursuing the right path.
    I think there is a lesson to be learned here, for those that are insisting on transparency from SC. If you remove any clue as to what is going on, then the only measure you have is the quality of your matches. If your spins are going badly, then you can come to forum and claim mismatch. Or you can take it at face value, that it is time to get your defences in order, and forget about playing the numbers game with the MM.
    Hopefully, a fully camouflaged MM will hasten people into aligning their accounts, and having a common roster will be the outcome for everyone, with the added benefit that search times should then decrease.
    For those that complain about non alignment on the war map.. Nobody knows how they match any more. With everything being kept under the smoke screen that is the war map, then even the top optimisers are going to struggle for a while, before the code begins to crack. A change in mindset is now required, to look at the map, and realise the bases may no longer run from top to bottom in defensive strength order. It is purely a mimic to show warring clans what is left to hit.. Only the order of difficulty has changed, as the bases can still be viewed as normal, and scouting attacks will still reveal the traps etc.. Don't get hung up on a change to the graphics, as having them out of order is simply a small change to the convenience side of things.
    Finally, anyone that chooses to still insist on using the gold weight as their guide, cannot say they were unaware of any changes that may have misled them in future. I was sceptical of moving away from using gold. I have been presented with sufficient evidence to convince me that gold no longer applies in any form, other than a loot bonus, based on very out of date weights, which are still applied simply for win bonus use. Good move SC, I would say.