Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Lower level players trashing tasks

Fresh Spawn

Lower level players trashing tasks

I am the leader of a very small neighborhood, all members are co-leaders. Last Derby, there was a smoothie task on the board that was 400 points, so I prepped my machine, then went to bed prepared to take the task the next morning. Woke up and discovered that thet task had been trashed.
    Admittedly, I didn't state that I was prepping for that task, but I had previously stated that only duplicate tasks should be trashed.
    It was a task that only 3 of our 6 farms can do, so I feel like the smaller farms trashed it because they can't do it. Do you think smaller farms should be able to trash tasks they can't do yet?

Hi and welcome, I’m sure some may agree, and I think in theory it sounds good. However, with good communication it shouldn’t matter the player level. This could have been an honest mistake, and possible it was one of the other 2 players that could have done the trashing. Maybe one of them meant to actually do the task but hit trash rather than accepting it. We all have made mistakes.

We find that leaving messages on the NH message board helps.
    Level 148
    Achievement 143/144
    Be kind. 🤗

Forum Superstar
    Depends. On my mini farm, when the Blossom Derby was ongoing, we got one for hotdogs. We had one 115 farm (which has since left the hood, the player is still there with her level 58). Everyone else couldn't do it because literally everyone else was (and is) below level 60.

Trash it? YOU BET!

I will also do this when the only people who still have tasks left are the ones who are lower level.
    Last edited by EllunaHellen; July 11th, 2018 at 08:31 AM.
    Hay Day farm level 87 -Town Reputation level 19
    Farm ID #298YQQ2QU
    10/12 sanctuary animals- 6 adults, 4 babies - Done gathering expansion permits
    Started September 2014! (not in a hurry.)
    Mini farm started on April 24th, 2018! ~Level 44/Rep 10~

Quote Originally Posted by PcolaJo View Post
    I am the leader of a very small neighborhood, all members are co-leaders. Last Derby, there was a smoothie task on the board that was 400 points, so I prepped my machine, then went to bed prepared to take the task the next morning. Woke up and discovered that thet task had been trashed.
    Admittedly, I didn't state that I was prepping for that task, but I had previously stated that only duplicate tasks should be trashed.
    It was a task that only 3 of our 6 farms can do, so I feel like the smaller farms trashed it because they can't do it. Do you think smaller farms should be able to trash tasks they can't do yet?
    Hard to say what your hoodies thought was, doesn’t hurt to ask them.
    we had to boot Someone from our hood last year because they constantly trashed a lot of the best tasks. That person denied it, BUT the message board does say who the last person to trash tasks was

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Are you certain that it really was trashed?

The reason I ask is that there's a possibility that one of the other farms that can do the task did it whilst you were sleeping. If they had some of the smoothies stacked on the machine they could have completed it before you awoke.
    Last edited by Cowslips; July 13th, 2018 at 05:18 AM.

Hay Day level 162 (main farm) - Achievement 132/132 reached on 11 July 2017
    Android player who doesn't use Facebook
    Magic nets cast in all 12 fishing spots on 8 December, 16 January, 7 February, 12 April, 21 May and 21 June (Hay Day's 5th birthday), when I finally got the Pearl of the Sea!
    Anchor received on 20 March 2018. Still no cannon or wheel...

Leaders are already given the tools they need to prevent people from being able to delete tasks. You can demote them to members, but I would not want to render my hoodmates without the ability to delete tasks.

it would have been better to make it known that you were prepping for the task and planning to take it in your morning, unless someone else wanted to do it. You can even use the hood messaging system for something like this.

Maybe it got trashed, maybe it was completed, however, we cannot read minds. I don’t think it is healthy to assume a lower level person trashed it.
    Last edited by WussyPuss; July 13th, 2018 at 06:57 AM.
    Farm 136
    CoC TH10 BhB8 AQ 31 BK 25
    established level 14 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts
    GASPs vs Forumers Scorecard
    Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

I find it odd to blame lower level, it could have been completed or anyone could have trashed it.
    Communication is vital if you want a task then use the message system to alert rest of hood.

We would say please don't trash the whatever task.
    We don't really allow task reservation, so dont trash means I'd like it but if anyone else gets to it first - take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowslips View Post
    Are you certain that it really was trashed?

The reason I ask is that there's a possibility that one of the other farms that can do the task did it whilst you were sleeping. If they had some of the smoothies stacked on the machine they could have completed it before you awoke.
    Yes, certain it was trashed, I am 2 of the 3 bigger hoods, and the other player had completed only 1 task, which I knew was a town task.

So why do you put everyone at co-leaders? Only the leader can kick them out then. We put people at elders until they prove themselves. As elder they can trash, but they can also be disciplined or kicked by any of the co-leaders until they have proven themselves over a period of time.