Thread: Clan Wars and bases Engineered for War

Clan Wars and bases Engineered for War

Now that all buildings are required prior to upgrading, no new rushed war bases can be built - th11 being the most common. This means that the playing field cannot be leveled except by the prohibiting of rushed bases in Clan Wars. Skill is not a factor with these bases as they easily swarm and overrun most th10 or lower bases. I believe Supercell should now prohibit any town hall that does not have all the required buildings for the previous town hall level from participating in Clan Wars by making them ineligible for Clan Wars. There is already ineligibility for new clan members for a specified time period, so it can be done. This is the logical next step to level the Clan Wars playing field. These bases can still be used like any other base except that they can no longer participate in Clan Wars until all previous town hall level building requirements have been met.

So since no one can build any new engineers your solution is to balance by prohibiting their use in war.

Another solution would be to allow players to build as they like. Those who believe there is an advantage to maxing can max. Those who believe there is an advantage to engineering may deploy their own engineers to counter any engineers you meet.
    Listen, and understand! That Engineer is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until your win streak is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    So since no one can build any new engineers your solution is to balance by prohibiting their use in war.

Another solution would be to allow players to build as they like. Those who believe there is an advantage to maxing can max. Those who believe there is an advantage to engineering may deploy their own engineers to counter any engineers you meet.
    I think what he is saying is since players can’t build their own engineered bases now, they do not have the freedom to counter other engineers by creating their own. That was a common retort by many engineers in the past: just do it yourself. I agree with him if SC had only made the progression rule it would have given a big advantage to current engineers. However, it seems SC didn’t only do that. The matchmaker has been adjusted both in terms of how clans match and certain weights that reduce the advantage of many engineers. There still is an advantage out there to be had if done well, though. Perhaps more is coming this year to stop that too as SC claims.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

If Supercell wishes to remove the building restriction, then it can go back to how it was. Obviously, Supercede felt a change was needed and put this change in to correct an issue. I feel they should take the next step to even the Clan Wars playing field. I think the engineered bases take away from the spirit of the Clan Wars.

Centennial Club
    I like your idea,would definitely help the whole engineer base problem. I think it's funny when u see the engineer people cry about the new changes saying "I want to build my base the way I want"😰
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeBob View Post
    Now that all buildings are required prior to upgrading, no new rushed war bases can be built - th11 being the most common. This means that the playing field cannot be leveled except by the prohibiting of rushed bases in Clan Wars. Skill is not a factor with these bases as they easily swarm and overrun most th10 or lower bases. I believe Supercell should now prohibit any town hall that does not have all the required buildings for the previous town hall level from participating in Clan Wars by making them ineligible for Clan Wars. There is already ineligibility for new clan members for a specified time period, so it can be done. This is the logical next step to level the Clan Wars playing field. These bases can still be used like any other base except that they can no longer participate in Clan Wars until all previous town hall level building requirements have been met.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomo08384 View Post
    I like your idea,would definitely help the whole engineer base problem. I think it's funny when u see the engineer people cry about the new changes saying "I want to build my base the way I want"
    In my opinion, preventing players with engineered bases from being able to war is not as good as letting them war but giving them a minimum defensive weight, such as 90% of the max defensive weight of a hall below.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    In my opinion, preventing players with engineered bases from being able to war is not as good as letting them war but giving them a minimum defensive weight, such as 90% of the max defensive weight of a hall below.
    ONly trouble is this would hurt the casual gamer whose TH has run way past their defense and offense strength. You know the TH10 with pink and yellow walls, one level 1 xbow and TH6 level troops.

Millennial Club
    Whilst I agree the engineering bases should not be able to sway the outcome of war, if no engi accounts are used within their oppo roster, but neither should they be banned from war altogether.
    SC allowed for the creation of said accounts, over a great period of time. The account owners will have invested a lot of time on them, and it is reasonable to assume, that a lot will have spent real money.
    Sure, SC have decided to take actions, in order to prevent any further hall movement of these accounts, as well as prevent the birth of any new ones. But Darian has rightly said, that any already in play will be unaffected. They took too long in deciding to alienate them, for anything more decisive.
    But so far as war goes, they don't need to do anything about them, if they can get their MM sorted, so these accounts will only draw similar. That way, simply thru passage of time, they will eventually fade into memory, as their search pool slowly dries up.

Forum Veteran
    The problem you are claiming will fix itself. as more and more move to th12. The advantage defenseless th has was only if they had max offense and now they won't have max offense so if you just give it a few months most of the problem will be solved. Does that mean 100% fixed? No however don't be so hastey th12 has only been out for a few weeks let's see what happens first.
    If you're not smarter than the guy you're dealing with you lose.
    You failed to utilize the most effective strategy by not using the most available resources to affect your outcome.
    I play to win. You play to see how tough you are.
    Defeat the enemy anyway you can.