Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Current MM - What's changed?

Current MM - What's changed?

First off our wars for a very long time now i'd say have been very even, we've always used full bases and until the end of June always matched full bases. We would never ever see defenceless bases, or bases with half built defences etc. For the most part we've cut th8's out (occasionally they are in if we need an opt in), but regardless now if our bottom bases are th9's or th8's we see trash bases at the bottom of the enemy map, every single war. It seems to have started on our war from 21/6/18 and every war after without fail has some sort of defenceless, or in some cases roster engineered clans.

Not that I feel we're ever at a disadvantage, the wars we've lost lately we have thrown away, but definately somethings changed, whether it's because we now have Th12's we've gone from a 3 town hall spread to a 4 town hall spread, or what I personally feel is since clans were struggling to match, they've somehow opened up the clans you can match.

Our current war we have (starting with th12's) 3/4/3/4/1 we have no out of place town halls, and they have (in map position) 4 th12's, th11,2 th10's, 2 th11's, 2 th10's, th11, th8,th11 th9.

There's no way we would have matched this clan a few months ago, like I said not complaining we can win this war it's not a mismatch but just highlighting our experiences lately, and how our wars are still even - but different.

Edited to point out these pictures are what we are seeing since when I believe a change happened, not just from 1 war.

Last edited by TheGame1; July 12th, 2018 at 07:02 AM.

My impression is the system has allowed more trade-off between offence and defence again. So you might match a somewhat engineered clan where your extra defence is considered a match for their extra offence. Whereas when SC started fiddling with the MM last year at first it seemed much tighter that a high-offence clan would only match other high offence clans.

And, yes "even but different" largely describes my clan's wars. They do seem a little different since the TH12 update. But they seem fair enough - at least we think so; some of the engineered clans we hammered perhaps disagreed.
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

those are interesting bases to see on the war map no doubt. i'm guessing they will be useless at least to your tops.

we've seen a fair share of oddities as well lately. occasionally the enemy will have a th11 with all level 1 defenses that sits above their th10s which seems very silly to me to through into the line-up. i'd imagine an account like that is trying to rush to th12 but to be put in war makes little sense to me
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 18 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH12 - K60/Q56/W30
    Fire - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20
    Inferno - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20

What has changed? A plethora of rushed TH12s appeared practically overnight, leaving most clans with a ton of weight below max, and room to match clans that deploy bases below max.

Engineers never left. They are still out there. They are still matching other clans, maxed and rushed.

Rushing to TH12 is engineering. But no one complains, because we all want those siege machines. If everyone does it, then it isn't really wrong?
    Listen, and understand! That Engineer is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until your win streak is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame1 View Post
    ...regardless now if our bottom bases are th9's or th8's we see trash bases at the bottom of the enemy map, every single war. ....Not that I feel we're ever at a disadvantage....
    One explanation could be a change that either places less emphasis on the bottom bases in the matchmaker or, even more significantly, adds a minimum weight to those types of bases. I doubt it is the minimum weight, but it could be the first thing combined with th12s changing things up too just in terms of rosters changing all over the place.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    My impression is the system has allowed more trade-off between offence and defence again. So you might match a somewhat engineered clan where your extra defence is considered a match for their extra offence. Whereas when SC started fiddling with the MM last year at first it seemed much tighter that a high-offence clan would only match other high offence clans.

And, yes "even but different" largely describes my clan's wars. They do seem a little different since the TH12 update. But they seem fair enough - at least we think so; some of the engineered clans we hammered perhaps disagreed.
    Agree with everything you have said there, our wars don't seem mis matched so maybe they are trading off defence for offence and vice versa, it's been a very very long time since we've matched clans with town halls completely out of order, I hope they havn't opened up the trade off too much though, our current war makes me nervous, where as before we only matched maxer style clans, now it feels like we could be a sitting duck for clans like Tanks or Majors, need a few more weeks to gauge what we are regularly pulling now.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    What has changed? A plethora of rushed TH12s appeared practically overnight, leaving most clans with a ton of weight below max, and room to match clans that deploy bases below max.

Engineers never left. They are still out there. They are still matching other clans, maxed and rushed.

Rushing to TH12 is engineering. But no one complains, because we all want those siege machines. If everyone does it, then it isn't really wrong?
    I agree alot out there would have rushed to Th12, but that's not really what we are seeing, the Th12's we pull have all come from maxish Th11, normally they just skipped walls and a few hero levels.

It's more mid to bottom of the enemy map where we are seeing 'optimised' bases which we never used to pull, we can now pull anything from defenceless bases, or like this war our th9's have to take on optimised th10's/11's with their bigger cc's, heroes, traps and upgraded point defence, extra xbow.. while they can bully our th9's, we had to dip more this war, feels like optimisers are back in the game a little whereas before we just straight up never matched them.

I'd like to reiterate no complaints though, we've lost the edge we have normally as our th9's can takeout enemy th9s without dipping, where as this war we've had a few more dips which leaves less hits up top plus I 1 starred my very first Th12 war attack last night, if we lose it's down to us again.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    One explanation could be a change that either places less emphasis on the bottom bases in the matchmaker or, even more significantly, adds a minimum weight to those types of bases. I doubt it is the minimum weight, but it could be the first thing combined with th12s changing things up too just in terms of rosters changing all over the place.
    Could well be I guess I or we need a bit more time to let the dust settle, interesting hearing it has changed for others as well though.

I kinda feel like the bottom of the roster as been neglected for a while though as our Th8's were regularly matched against max defensively th9's so thats why we started leaving them out in the first place.

Millennial Club
    To be fair. It is never a good time when SC seem to be simply playing a numbers game.
    To elaborate.. If a total score is 1000, and one side does 10 x 100, the other side simply has to do 8 x 90, to allow for the top 2 to be 140.
    They will be creating optimisers heaven. I feel our top end is suffering, due to having a heavier middle/lower.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post

I think it i easy to guess, more spread of bases, more base progression variety, more rushed bases, more engineer fixing bases, so MM has to loosen a bit and trade off and def, or all of us will never match

Millennial Club
    I think most rosters that were balanced were matching ok. But it makes sense, that since they have enforced change, that they allow for a smoother transition. It is a price that is probably worthwhile, for the longer term gain of everything becoming more standard.

We’ve had a terrible time with matchmaking since the update hit. We’re a maxer clan and we’ve fared pretty well throughout the various mm changes, but this one....wow! We’ve lost more wars in the last three weeks than we have in the last year and it all comes down to the enemy always having at least one more TH12 than we do. We’ve lost 4/5 of our last wars by a single star or by percentage.

I’ve always found it curious that SC doesn’t place a substantial weight on the TH level itself. It seems that is the deciding factor in all of the wars we’ve had since the uodate hit.
    Proud coleader of Ancient Hunters (#82R2G08U), a US based, adult war clan