Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sniper tower attack speed Vs damage per second

Yes, I timed it out. I didn't include it because it's tough to measure precisely but it was around 8 seconds and change.
    Come Wiv a Plan #82JPQL9L Or Leave In Defeat! Prepping and Pushing TF

Quote Originally Posted by Drew[Supercell] View Post

• The next time we use this speed boost for buildings we will make the percentage higher/tweak it in other ways to make it more instantly noticeable/effective, rather than having to delve into the math part etc.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Drew

please donít.

I dont understand the maths presented above. However, from my experience My troops are dying faster- before medics can get to those poor grens. I appreciate that I donít have a TH, but still.

And Iím going to throw it out there... maybe, just maybe, increasing the damage so it is noticeable against tanks ... isnít a good idea. I mean, Itís absolutley awful. Seriously. It could only only be worse if you had mentioned ďscorchersĒ oh dear... you did.

The point of the tribes is to boost. Not make things invincible.

Please, please, check the stats before you get all enthusiastic with the increases. And think practically... there are other troops, including heroes, that lie between the zookas and riflemen and tanks scorchers. Further increases to speed and damage will only cause more problems - they are sniper towers forgoodness sakes, not boom cannons on red bull.
    Main. TD 30, 13, 13, 13 GBE: 39, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17:
    Mini GBE 41, 17, 16, 16 RR 45 PSC 74 TH 27 TD 25; 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinqing View Post
    "High level players" isn't an elite cult, it's a stage in the game that people reach, high vp, high ops, any of those or more.

@drew
    the tribes since you increased the variety have been great, really enjoyable and I hope you extend them further. For example giving sniper towers armour piercing levels or increase the range of a flamer etc maybe even 2 part boosts increased damage for decreased range.
    Anyway good job on the tribes they have been a lot of fun but my main suggestion is NOT to be more specific on how things work, keep a bit of mystery. There are quite a few players out there who want to work out the specifics, there are numerous interesting threads and task force chats about these things.
    If the boost is good then no one will be complaining but they will be trying to work it out, so keep up the good boosts but find a way to keep a bit of mystery here and there and if you have the time and inclination keep engaging us about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrowsNest View Post
    There are quite a few players out there who want to work out the specifics, there are numerous interesting threads and task force chats about these things.

People do have the option not to read threads about how things work if they dont want the offical answers. There is nothing wrong with asking how it works, but it should be obvious and stated clearly in game. Some people, like me, dont have time, nor energy to do the calculations.

What this has shown is that the tribe isnt working as intended. Or as stated by drew.

The answer isn't in telling people nothing, its making sure that, when someone say "is this working?" And the answer is complex, for the person responsible to explain directly. Rather than leaving drew with confusing, seemingly incorrect, answers.

Knowing how something works is important in a 'come with a plan' type game.
    Main. TD 30, 13, 13, 13 GBE: 39, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17:
    Mini GBE 41, 17, 16, 16 RR 45 PSC 74 TH 27 TD 25; 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinqing View Post
    "High level players" isn't an elite cult, it's a stage in the game that people reach, high vp, high ops, any of those or more.

I get what you are saying lloopy14 as I am split about it to the extent that if you had said what I said then I would probably have put forward your response to me
    If a tribe simply said zooka damage increase and each stage is better then everyone would still take it, the percentage increase is unlikely to matter as anything is better than nothing.
    Yes in a planning game such as this then knowing specifics is very important but my take is not knowing will differentiate players. Those that work it out quicker will do better.
    Not expecting agreement just putting forward an alternative view. Food for thought but I don’t want to divert this thread from its original point.