Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TH 11 priorities

TH 11 priorities

Morning all. We have a max 10 currently going to 11 that sits #1 on the war map, with that in mind do you guys have any advice Re upgrade path? The main q is warden straight away or not, does he add big weight?
    Many thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFORTIS View Post
    Morning all. We have a max 10 currently going to 11 that sits #1 on the war map, with that in mind do you guys have any advice Re upgrade path? The main q is warden straight away or not, does he add big weight?
    Many thanks in advance.
    what is your total line up?

if you have several th10 below him, then it is ok, to get gw and othe offense things, but if only 1 th10 below him, better u invest on other thing and get all the defenses and offense in balance manner, till 2 or 3 months, then drop gw, by then u can defend the th11 from other side

After we did new TH11 put EA first and drop GW later, we won 90% clan war.
    (We lost to modding clan, not a normal cases, otherwise we will sit on 37 ws )
    We already had 15~20 big TH11 or TH12 now in 50v war.
    We suggested our new TH11 mate put EA first, don't drop GW too early but not restricted him when to land GW.
    Now we have 12 TH11 without GW and selective upgrade offense or camps.
    Defense should be ahead of offense. you can get full defenses on TH11 without GW.
    but if you wanna to upgrade to TH12, GW is required.

I don’t understand why 2 different people have advised holding back on the warden.

Ignore the ‘weight’. The warden is an absolute game changer in attack.
    If you want the 11 to be your ‘anchor’ at top of map, then by all means go heavy on def too.

But delaying the warden is a nonsense.

They think they are playing games with the MM but it's a bad approach. I agree, get the freaking warden. If you don't get something it would be the eagle but I wouldn't do that any more. I add all defenses now, I no longer like .5 because it will bring you engineers. I also wouldn't go to war if there was not a second TH11.

Upgrade priority for a TH11 is different the first thing it needs is upgraded storage because you can't upgrade much else without them. Then upgrade is pretty much the same for all other bases. Many people don't upgrade the CC but I think that's a mistake. No more troops but that extra spell is huge.

Lab, spell factories, cc, camps seems like I'm forgetting something. But, most of those need your storage upgraded. It's been a few months since I took my rushed TH10 to 11 so I may be wrong about what you can't upgrade without upgrading storage but almost all of your upgrades require storage upgraded first especially camps.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfinch30 View Post
    I don’t understand why 2 different people have advised holding back on the warden.

If you want the 11 to be your ‘anchor’ at top of map, then by all means go heavy on def too.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Quote Originally Posted by Superfinch30 View Post

Because it come from a very logical reason, pls read my post slowly and digest, then u may understand
    Last edited by samratulangi; 1 Week Ago at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    They think they are playing games with the MM but it's a bad approach.
    In fairness to frainlll and sam they know they are playing games with the mm, they are engineers, it is in their blood, they can't but help to consider the war weight of everything they do, and look to optimise.

I think if the OP is an engineer too and looking to optimise his village for war, and only war, and his clan roster supports it, a TH11 with no warden for a while as frainlll and sam suggest may be the right thing, I don't know, I do know frainlll and sam have been very on the ball in the past as to how mm works.

If war is not your only goal, and/or the roster is essentially balanced, and/or this is your one and only or main account, I would have to say get another TH11 for cover and get the warden! To hell with war weight, have some fun at TH11! You have worked hard to get there, get the toys!

Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    They think they are playing games with the MM but it's a bad approach. I agree, get the freaking warden. If you don't get something it would be the eagle but I wouldn't do that any more. I add all defenses now, I no longer like .5 because it will bring you engineers. I also wouldn't go to war if there was not a second TH11.

Upgrade priority for a TH11 is different the first thing it needs is upgraded storage because you can't upgrade much else without them. Then upgrade is pretty much the same for all other bases. Many people don't upgrade the CC but I think that's a mistake. No more troops but that extra spell is huge.

Lab, spell factories, cc, camps seems like I'm forgetting something. But, most of those need your storage upgraded. It's been a few months since I took my rushed TH10 to 11 so I may be wrong about what you can't upgrade without upgrading storage but almost all of your upgrades require storage upgraded first especially camps.
    Who is playing with the mm here, if u get all offense upgrade first without balancing with the def, does it usually the "filthy engineers do", go play harder war then just a th9 kiddie land, then u may understand

I won't say what I'm thinking. But go ahead, leave off your warden, I'm sure the MM will be fooled and think your a TH10. NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    Who is playing with the mm here, if u get all offense upgrade first without balancing with the def, does it usually the "filthy engineers do", go play harder war then just a th9 kiddie land, then u may understand

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    Ok, so give me an answer to this one:

What exactly to you hope to achieve with a no-warden th11?

To make it hold off 3*s by th10s because of the upgraded points?
    Yes, I can understand that.

But then are you adding any offence at all?
    Camps? Cc? Hero levels?
    If so, to achieve what?
    You going to 3* th11s without a warden?
    Nope.

You going to 3* th10s? Well, bravo, welcome to the new meta, th10s can do that too.

I’m not doubting your weight/MM know how, but if it’s not directly applied to the game balance as is now, it has hardly any meaning.
    Attacking and defending has shifted considerably.
    You also haven’t had anywhere near enough time to judge any minor MM tweaks that have happened, plus all the ‘reweighting’ of a whole new hall being introduced.

Plus, it’s hard to tell someone to go back to their kiddie war when you put such an emphasis on optimisation.
    Which sounds like a dig at your chosen play style, which it is to an extent.
    I just don’t get the obsession.
    Any minor MM differences can be overcome with attacking skill, there’s so much more scope for that now in the th10+ game.

Makes engineering fairly irrelevant to me, but then, I wouldn’t understand.