Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TH 11 priorities

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfinch30 View Post
    Ok, so give me an answer to this one:

What exactly to you hope to achieve with a no-warden th11?

To make it hold off 3*s by th10s because of the upgraded points?
    Yes, I can understand that.

But then are you adding any offence at all?
    Camps? Cc? Hero levels?
    If so, to achieve what?
    You going to 3* th11s without a warden?
    Nope.

You going to 3* th10s? Well, bravo, welcome to the new meta, th10s can do that too.

I’m not doubting your weight/MM know how, but if it’s not directly applied to the game balance as is now, it has hardly any meaning.
    Attacking and defending has shifted considerably.
    You also haven’t had anywhere near enough time to judge any minor MM tweaks that have happened, plus all the ‘reweighting’ of a whole new hall being introduced.

Plus, it’s hard to tell someone to go back to their kiddie war when you put such an emphasis on optimisation.
    Which sounds like a dig at your chosen play style, which it is to an extent.
    I just don’t get the obsession.
    Any minor MM differences can be overcome with attacking skill, there’s so much more scope for that now in the th10+ game.

Makes engineering fairly irrelevant to me, but then, I wouldn’t understand.
    Why u r so hard on my post, if u read carefully, I did advice Balance approach, gw is a big jump, and if he is sole th11 on top, how he can defend their opponent, why don't ask him to get new defenses like new xbow, at and cannon, while upgrading storage and and one camp at a time, by 2-3 months as I advise, so have maybe some upgraded def all storage done, 2 army camp upgraded lab finished, 1 war army upgraded, then u can drop gw, u will be at balanced state for longer time.

But if has several th10 below him to defend, then as I said he can drop gw straight away.

So which part do I give nonsense reason

Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    Why u r so hard on my post, if u read carefully, I did advice Balance approach, gw is a big jump, and if he is sole th11 on top, how he can defend their opponent, why don't ask him to get new defenses like new xbow, at and cannon, while upgrading storage and and one camp at a time, by 2-3 months as I advise, so have maybe some upgraded def all storage done, 2 army camp upgraded lab finished, 1 war army upgraded, then u can drop gw, u will be at balanced state for longer time.

But if has several th10 below him to defend, then as I said he can drop gw straight away.

So which part do I give nonsense reason
    Iím advocating balanced as well, def heavy if anything since it sounds like they want the 11 to be an anchor.
    I just donít see that thereíd be any tangible gain to delaying the warden...delaying placing something that has 20 levels and requires loads of farming and downtime.

This is my premise. An obstacle to practicality, (delayed placing and levelling up) for the sake of unknown, likely little to no gain MM wise?
    Make sense now?
    I was hard on your post cos you told someone to butt out and go back to kiddie war.
    My personal opinion, caring that much about weight management or optimisation in general is all kiddie war.
    But thatís a circular and pointless debate thatís raged for over 2 years.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfinch30 View Post
    I’m advocating balanced as well, def heavy if anything since it sounds like they want the 11 to be an anchor.
    I just don’t see that there’d be any tangible gain to delaying the warden...delaying placing something that has 20 levels and requires loads of farming and downtime.

This is my premise. An obstacle to practicality, (delayed placing and levelling up) for the sake of unknown, likely little to no gain MM wise?
    Make sense now?
    I was hard on your post cos you told someone to butt out and go back to kiddie war.
    My personal opinion, caring that much about weight management or optimisation in general is all kiddie war.
    But that’s a circular and pointless debate that’s raged for over 2 years.
    Read his post before, then u know what I mean, he keep warring at permasalahan max th9, and keep complaining when he got outmatched, while he is taking newer th9 player by experience.

Now back to the topic, I think u give blanket advice while my advice is dependent on OP roster, I never ask him to delay gw forever, really don't get what are u debating with me about the same thing

there is nothing logical about holding off on the warden. he is a game changer.
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 18 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH12 - K60/Q56/W30
    Fire - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20
    Inferno - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20

Some differing views here then. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Some more info, the line up at present is: 2 x max 10s, a mid 10 with all defs (me), a new 10 with no new defs, rest max 9s and max 8s. War usually with 15. Whatever our top TH is, we're always outnumbered up there, what we don't want is for adding a warden to end up running into a load of eagles before we have the offence to deal with them.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by AFrostyBlaze View Post
    there is nothing logical about holding off on the warden. he is a game changer.
    Who say he is not a game changer, certainly is, but when?, is it at a th11 day one? That is all depend on the whole roster, like i said before, because game changer for op, but also game changer for the MM as well, so that is why with current offense heavy MM, delaying GW, for 2 months while preparing the storage, and some light defenses make very logical thing, u can not compare OP to your heavy bases clan, and if OP do care about not getting disadvantage at war, he will do whatever best for the clan even with slightly delayed GW

Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    Who say he is not a game changer, certainly is, but when?, is it at a th11 day one? That is all depend on the whole roster, like i said before, because game changer for op, but also game changer for the MM as well, so that is why with current offense heavy MM, delaying GW, for 2 months while preparing the storage, and some light defenses make very logical thing, u can not compare OP to your heavy bases clan, and if OP do care about not getting disadvantage at war, he will do whatever best for the clan even with slightly delayed GW
    I get each to their own and all that.. but telling someone to hold off the wardens the worst advice I've seen in a while, all our th10's that have gone to th11 I've advised get warden to lvl 5 asap, it's a game changer so why not have it?

These days anything anyone does has to be scrutinised, whatever you do don't unlock bowlers they add weight, don't add eagle it adds weight, don't get warden it adds weight.. basically stay as you are and don't advance ever is the most logical scenario.

Or... keep offense slightly ahead of defence at the start of th11 while storages, camps, cc etc all catch up and then carry on with the rest of the base, but if you could do something fairly early on to boost your offense slightly I'd be doing it.

Crab Claw
    If you are long term to follow up 'clan war' forum, you will see what user complains to.
    After one balance event about GW reweight, no or fewer people complain to how many warden on opposite clan.
    If you only look into a individually account owns max th11 defense, th10 offense (or lower than th10), no GW, what can he do ?
    nothing, right ? he can't defeat any normal th11, evenly might not defeat th10 ....but he can against th11 , it seems no benefit here.

But if you (EX: 35/35/0, 106K) have a mate, 50/50/20 and all maxed, both of you participate a war, what will happened on opposite clan on defense and offense stat ?

Millennial Club
    TBH, I can see Sams point here. A single 11, new, with no back up of any substance. What he doesn't want, at this stage, is to draw a bigger 11 early days.
    OP clan, although heavier overall than us, is facing some similar problems as us, in that it is easy to become outgunned with the initial draw.
    Sure, the warden can help him ,but at what cost. An isolated anchor cannot afford to be outmatched, so I agree with Sam, that caution should be observed. They are not a heavy clan, they don't have a block of accounts all pushing the top of the map, they have a thin anchorage.
    It is acting as a true anchor, so I think, if anything, defence should be bolstered early doors, rather than offence. Play time can come later, once he has a foothold in th11 territory (and that 2nd max 10 joins him).
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; July 10th, 2018 at 09:30 PM.

Ops already said hes getting out gunned at the top of the war map, which is unsurprising if hes rocking two max th10s, which either way you do it, either adding defensive or offensive weight will pull harder opponents. Adding defesnsive weight in my eyes would make the problem worse, more likely to pull bases that could 3 star him which he cant 3 star. If you go the offensive route atleast now hes given himself an edge to fight back, either clearing the enemys th10s if they werent already doing so, or putting in a solid attack on whatever he pulls in the number 1 spot, most likely an early to mid th11.