Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Potion in War

Power Potion in War

Recently we warred with a clan that used power potion in all there attacks for the th12s and th11s. This seems to me to be a SC sanctioned method of engineering. The clan had engineered accounts and the top th12 actively gemmed during the war. While this gemming is a one time thing, it just showed an opponent that would do anything to win. Personally, I think the power potion should be done away with or at the very least not allowed to be used in war. Thoughts?

Looking forward to using it for a bit in a few weeks when I go to th11. Haven't seen it kuch in our wars as most max their war army very quickly. There was a lot of worry over them initially but it just seems to be helpful in a few circumstances. Not a big deal.

Doesn't work for me HB... My attacks are generally worse when I use a power potion so I don't bother anymore.
    In my experience, power potions can help and for those that are already skilled attackers, they provide a comfort blanket during attacks.

They have their uses but they are not a real game changer. As Piper says, they are helpful in a few circumstances.
    Skrivo
    TH11
    Leader of war clan vVv

i don't think power potion is a big deal. the attacker still has to know what theyre doing to make use of it
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 18 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH12 - K60/Q56/W30
    Fire - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20
    Inferno - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20

it is up to your team or opposite clan to do that. SAVE some of PP for new TH upgrading is necessary.

I have often spoken out against power potion in war, not least as it enabled a new form of engineering just when SuperCell were talking about working to reduce engineering advantage - it is like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing sometimes with Supercell and war ...

Having said that, I see power potion used rarely in war, I haven't seen a huge rise in TH11 with lvl1 troops using it to win wars, but it is there as a tool, it offers more advantage to engineered players than balanced players (that will generally have maxed troops from the previous TH at least) but balanced players can use it too. As frainlll says, save some up before you go up a TH and benefit yourself. It is a sort of level playing field, well ish.

It was ridiculous to allow its use in war at the same time as muttering about hitting engineers. I hope they go back to their original statement on magic items where they said they would list which could be used in war and which couldn't and they remove power potion from the war scene. But I doubt it now ... and perhaps if the promised action to reduce the effectiveness of engineers in war is introduced and works well enough it really will not matter so much?
    Last edited by nobeone; July 9th, 2018 at 10:25 AM.

This is for th/lab align on matchmaking. And make th9 or th10 lifer to upgrade to next town hall level.

Pro Member
    Don't understand why anyone says power potions aren't a big deal. I see low-lying th11s using them quite a bit. Since it's widely known that engineers also have a maxed main account, stands to reason that they would know how to use their powered-up, engineered account.

Possible solution - If you have a power potion, your account gets max troop weight for your town hall. Then, everyone uses them for multiplayer and dumps them for war. Boo-hoo, if you just upgraded and can't take down a max town hall at your level. Suck it up and develop your base, until you can...like we used to do in the good old days.

Yes, it should not be allowed in war. It is the silliest thing SC has done in my 3.5 years of playing this game. I do not understand why they did this.

To the person that says you have to know what your doing. NO YOU DON'T. A TH10 with power potion and level 1 miners now has level 3 miners and can destroy a TH9 with it's eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBadger2 View Post
    Recently we warred with a clan that used power potion in all there attacks for the th12s and th11s. This seems to me to be a SC sanctioned method of engineering. The clan had engineered accounts and the top th12 actively gemmed during the war. While this gemming is a one time thing, it just showed an opponent that would do anything to win. Personally, I think the power potion should be done away with or at the very least not allowed to be used in war. Thoughts?
    Last edited by StormHeart; July 9th, 2018 at 12:22 PM.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    Yes, it should not be allowed in war. It is the silliest thing SC has done in my 3.5 years of playing this game. I do not understand why they did this.

To the person that says you have to know what your doing. NO YOU DON'T. A TH10 with power potion and level 1 miners now has level 3 miners and can destroy a TH9 with it's eyes closed.
    This time I agree with you and OP, power potion should not be able to to be used in war, because it is not calculated in the MM period