Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Potion in War

Saved 7 Power potions, waiting to use them when my th11 drops.

The clan we were against used power potion for max edrags and loons to go against our th12s. As most of us who do not gem, our th12s are far from max in defense and of course some were 3 starred. Same with their th11s. We ended up losing, but not by much. However it was frustrating. Their #1 player had a 5 star th12, used his power potion on first attack and later gemmed his edrags to max lvl. Really don't mind that so much, because it can only be done once and provides funding for my free use of COC

Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    Yes, it should not be allowed in war. It is the silliest thing SC has done in my 3.5 years of playing this game. I do not understand why they did this.

To the person that says you have to know what your doing. NO YOU DON'T. A TH10 with power potion and level 1 miners now has level 3 miners and can destroy a TH9 with it's eyes closed.
    that's a silly argument. a th9 can destroy a th9 with its eyes closed...
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 18 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH12 - K50/Q55/W27
    Fire - TH11 - K50/Q48/W20
    Inferno - TH11 - K50/Q49/W20

I agree it shouldn’t be allowed in war, but it is for now so all you can do is make the best of it. I went from not using power potions as a max th11 to using them a lot as a new th12. I think it creates uneven matches and shouldn’t be allowed, but I’m using it as long as I can.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: Legends2 5000-5999, Legends1 6000+ PvP with no loot or create a new 3rd trophy ladder for PvP (so no PvP in Legends) again with no loot, but then still Legends1 starting at 6000 cups, reset is 6000 not 5000. Contact SC here

Quote Originally Posted by AFrostyBlaze View Post
    Hee hee hee I still don't agree, in so many wars, I see so many TH9 failures ... mine, theirs, everybody. I though it would just become a witch slap mess after the last update. Nope. TH9 on a decent layout TH9 still takes a few goes and a decent attacker. Random spin wars are full of people that are not decent attackers, can't aq walk, or take too long a walk, spam valks, can't funnel, don't know what meta means let alone use attacks that fall into the current meta etc etc. Somebody gave the stats for recent CWL TH9 on TH9 and it was more like 80 - 90%, and those are max heroes, very experienced, talented people. So no, you need your eyes open, and yes it may be easy for an experienced TH10/11/12 player, but for people learning all the new strategies available at TH9, it is not a forgone conclusion they will 3 star, not at all. It is a good training ground for all that is to come. Don't do it down

It might help you understand if you'd actually read it and if you still think it's silly you just do not understand the game.

I said a TH10 but I think you just made a typo. Why have an MM and then toss it out with power potion?

A TH 10 with level 1 troops will bounce of my TH9. With level 1 troops plus power potion and thus level 3 miners a three year old could three star me.

Last edited by StormHeart; 1 Week Ago at 03:49 PM.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    It might help you understand if you'd actually read it and if you still think it's silly you just do not understand the game.

I said a TH10 but I think you just made a typo. Why have an MM and then toss it out with power potion?

A TH 10 with level 1 troops will bounce of my TH9. With level 1 troops plus power potion and thus level 3 miners a three year old could three star me.
    you're missing my point entirely. so what if a th10 power potions up to destroy you. a th9 could do the same thing. if anything that would be a good thing for you if a clan wastes a th10 attack on your th9
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 18 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH12 - K50/Q55/W27
    Fire - TH11 - K50/Q48/W20
    Inferno - TH11 - K50/Q49/W20

you're missing my point entirely. so what if a th10 power potions up to destroy you. a th9 could do the same thing. if anything that would be a good thing for you if a clan wastes a th10 attack on your th9
    Many th9s cannot easily 3 star other th9s and the issue with the th10 is the th10 matches with the low offensive weight of level 1 troops in the example, but gets to use max troops with the potion. So, you can take an attacker that could not 3 star the enemy th9 with a th9, but he isn’t a th9, he is a th10 with level 1 troops matching like a th9 (or even lower) yet easily destroying enemy th9s by using the power potion. It is an extreme example, but one that does demonstrate an issue with allowing power potions in war. It is a way around the matchmaker. Just think if you could power potion all of your defenses from level one to max for the war after the match. Being able to do it to your offense is similar.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: Legends2 5000-5999, Legends1 6000+ PvP with no loot or create a new 3rd trophy ladder for PvP (so no PvP in Legends) again with no loot, but then still Legends1 starting at 6000 cups, reset is 6000 not 5000. Contact SC here

I do not think that condoning the use of power potions for war is the best idea.

There are some players who would like to continue to war even after they have just upgraded their townhall. They may not want to wait for weeks or months before they max their war troops and war effectively again. So here the power potion can be useful to those people who wishes to war continuously. Some could argue that he can act as the cleaner for the previous townhall till his troops are up to par, but what if, and it almost always is, there is a mismatch, where the opponent has a townhall advantage? I'm not talking about the likes of engineering mismatch, but a fair play clan mismatch. Surely you can appreciate the use of power potion to level up the battle field a little.

I do agree, however, that power potions can and are being abused in war. You could have engineered accounts with level 1 troops (unrealistically speaking) or low level troops using power potions and gaining a huge advantage.

So the problem does not lie with those who play fairly but those who aren't. Fair players don't have to be penalized for their actions. So is there a fix? Well one that I can suggest is that the potion should not max your troops / spells based on townhall / lab level. They should give a +1 upgrade only. A fair player would have maxed his war troops in the previous townhall. An engineer that has his troops at level 1, will only have them at level 2 with the use of power potion.

If this was implemented I would like to see how engineers that have level 1 troops still survive or are able to abuse the use of this potion and continue to win wars. You will set them back months forcing them to upgrade their troops before being able to use the potions effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by sam3105 View Post
    I do not think that condoning the use of power potions for war is the best idea.

There are some players who would like to continue to war even after they have just upgraded their townhall. They may not want to wait for weeks or months before they max their war troops and war effectively again. So here the power potion can be useful to those people who wishes to war continuously. Some could argue that he can act as the cleaner for the previous townhall till his troops are up to par, but what if, and it almost always is, there is a mismatch, where the opponent has a townhall advantage? I'm not talking about the likes of engineering mismatch, but a fair play clan mismatch. Surely you can appreciate the use of power potion to level up the battle field a little.

I do agree, however, that power potions can and are being abused in war. You could have engineered accounts with level 1 troops (unrealistically speaking) or low level troops using power potions and gaining a huge advantage.

So the problem does not lie with those who play fairly but those who aren't. Fair players don't have to be penalized for their actions. So is there a fix? Well one that I can suggest is that the potion should not max your troops / spells based on townhall / lab level. They should give a +1 upgrade only. A fair player would have maxed his war troops in the previous townhall. An engineer that has his troops at level 1, will only have them at level 2 with the use of power potion.

If this was implemented I would like to see how engineers that have level 1 troops still survive or are able to abuse the use of this potion and continue to win wars. You will set them back months forcing them to upgrade their troops before being able to use the potions effectively.
    I agree with your argument, up to a point, it does help balanced players as they go up a TH level to be competitive earlier, and that is how I use it, and that is great, but to provide a buff to engineers with only lvl1 troops unlocked and weighed into the match making is clearly more benefit for the engineer. Since it works best for engineers, and I am a balanced maxer type then I am bound to be against it. I can see your position that reducing its effect to only increase troops one level would reduce that benefit for engineers, but it would also reduce it for balanced types! If I max TH8 and use power potion as a new TH9 but power potion only puts troops up one level ... I don't have max golems, or valks, there are probably other examples, miners at TH10 ... your suggestion would reduce the issue, but I just can't see SuperCell nerfing power potion in that way for the sake of the war bubble we tend to exist in in this sub-forum. We are a small number of players in the scheme of clash. I think power potion is really there to encourage people to upgrade, when they are struggling to loot early in a TH level they drop a power potion, see the joy of max troops for that TH level, and clash on, or better still for SuperCell gem them some max troops to keep enjoying them when the power potions run out.

War was fine before power potion, it hasn't been as corrupting as I feared but I still find giving a buff to engineers after all the issues of the last few years maddening, I suggest it will be fine whether power potion is nerfed, removed, or stays as it is. It is more the principle that just when SuperCell woke up to do something about engineering advantage they were silly enough to allow power potion in war all at the same time ... smh.