Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why won't supercell do anything to stop cheating

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe8888 View Post
    Again I said I know players who are using bots on their minis. I know which bots they are using as well and where they got them from. I personally know these players and have seen the bots running. It's nothing about being paranoid. There is a lot of cheating on clash of clans. Powerbang said that's why he was quitting the game.

And yeah spying is allowed because it's not against the terms of service. That being said it's a weak way to play when you have to go get the videos of someone else 3 starring bases just so you can figure it out. Takes no skill. Why even play if you have to cheat?
    It may be a weak way of playing but as you say it is not against TOS. By the way, you are aware that if you use an internet base, it is pretty likely that even without spying, someone can still go to youtube and watch it get three starred. I wouldnt need to spy to do that since the traps are pretty easy to figure out anyways.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 1 Week Ago at 04:03 AM.

There is a lot of cheating on clash of clans. Powerbang said that's why he was quitting the game.
    I can't speak for him, but I would suggest there are a myriad of reasons why PB decided to stop posting CoC videos, just like Pat or Ash before him.
    Casual modding has been dead for some time, only the very determined are actively cheating.
    Spying is not cheating, and honestly not that prevalent anyway.
    There was a huge clamp down on the 'cheap gems' cheats only a couple of months ago.
    Botting. Well, this is still an issue, but it really doesn't effect the majority of players as individuals, only because it 'takes away' good loot bases for you and I, but it doesn't really effect our ability to progress.

Overall, cheating within the game has been diluted hugely. Could more be done? - Yes. Should SC have acted sooner? - Oh God Yes.

Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 12 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: mid TH11, 48/43/17

I also see a lot of cheating with spy's for clan wars. And there are easy fixes that should have been implemented long ago. For example why should spectators even be able to see any more than the enemy clan can see. Meaning if your not in war you shouldn't be able to see the bases or the cc troops even in your own clan.

It's really annoying to see supercell act as though they could care less about what players are doing to ruin the game for others.
    FWIW I agree, it is daft they just don't stop people not in war in that clan from seeing layouts, but you need to accept it is not cheating as defined by Supercell, asking for them to consider it cheating is, IMHO, futile https://supercell.helpshift.com/a/cl...cheating&p=web

Now a while ago a few of us contributed to a ideas and suggestions thread that they should stop spying, I suppose you could resurect that it you could find it, but there were as many voices against stopping spying as for stopping spying, it seems a lot of the war scene are devious people of low moral standing

EDIT: As an example, here is a post about preventing ideas and suggestions in the future about stopping spying by ruling it out https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ghlight=spying
    Last edited by nobeone; 1 Week Ago at 10:42 AM.

If only SC could find some evidence of the most successful war clan of all time cheating, that would be just amazing, wouldn't it?

Or at least hacking!

Perhaps Galadon could help!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 12 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: mid TH11, 48/43/17

SuperCell has done things to stop cheaters, so the premise is incorrect. There have been several ban waves and some mod/bot 3rd party apps shut down.

That being said, when there's a will there is a way and some people have found clever ways to cheat without raising flags to SC. You reporting something doesn't really do anything unless they can detect it directly themselves.

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by nobeone View Post
    FWIW I agree, it is daft they just don't stop people not in war in that clan from seeing layouts, but you need to accept it is not cheating as defined by Supercell, asking for them to consider it cheating is, IMHO, futile https://supercell.helpshift.com/a/cl...cheating&p=web

Now a while ago a few of us contributed to a ideas and suggestions thread that they should stop spying, I suppose you could resurect that it you could find it, but there were as many voices against stopping spying as for stopping spying, it seems a lot of the war scene are devious people of low moral standing

EDIT: As an example, here is a post about preventing ideas and suggestions in the future about stopping spying by ruling it out https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ghlight=spying
    People like to use the "this is war" statement which doesnt really work. I have been to war and I had a security clearance. There is something called "need to know" which basically states that just because you have the appropriate clearance you might not have the "need to know" so you still can't know the Intel.

It's why someone who works on fighter jets who might have a top secret clearance can't get information on troop movements which is generally only classified information.

Just being in a clan doesn't give you a need to know of what the war base information is.

As for the bots and the gem hacks they can be found but that takes resources that supercell doesn't want to use. Anyone who argues that they don't exist is either naive or using them.

People like to use the "this is war" statement which doesnt really work. I have been to war and I had a security clearance. There is something called "need to know" which basically states that just because you have the appropriate clearance you might not have the "need to know" so you still can't know the Intel.

It's why someone who works on fighter jets who might have a top secret clearance can't get information on troop movements which is generally only classified information.

Just being in a clan doesn't give you a need to know of what the war base information is.

As for the bots and the gem hacks they can be found but that takes resources that supercell doesn't want to use. Anyone who argues that they don't exist is either naive or using them.
    Or maybe people are just generally not bothered, since it doesn't directly affect them. But so far as the spying, which does interest me, I use "clash of stats" in order to vet someone whom knocks at the door, once war is spun. Punch in their hash tag, and their history is revealed. Whilst I appreciate there are other ways around it, at least I feel secure that we are not being blatantly spied upon.

Arguing that there are no such things at bots or gem hacks would be incorrect just like arguing SC doesn’t use anything to find them and punish them would be incorrect. That is especially true if one were to argue the latter so soon after so many improper gem accounts were just banned.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: Legends2 5000-5999, Legends1 6000+ PvP with no loot or create a new 3rd trophy ladder for PvP (so no PvP in Legends) again with no loot, but then still Legends1 starting at 6000 cups, reset is 6000 not 5000. Contact SC here

i haven't seen any modding lately so they did a good job as far as i'm concerned

as far as botting goes, it's lame and i am aware some do it but to each their own i guess.
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 18 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH12 - K50/Q55/W27
    Fire - TH11 - K50/Q48/W20
    Inferno - TH11 - K50/Q49/W20