Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why won't supercell do anything to stop cheating

Why won't supercell do anything to stop cheating

So I'm trying to figure out why supercell doesn't do anything to stop cheating. I have run across multiple accounts that are using bots to farm. Clans are still modding. If you report the players then supercell says nothing is wrong with the accounts but I have had many players admit to me that they are using bots. I have had players tell me about 13000 gem deals for $34 dollars. I have reported all of this to supercell. I gave them account names and screenshots of the players admitting to what they do. Including the specifics of what bots are being used. I got nothing back in return. I sent Darrian a direct message as well with all of the info and got nothing back from him either.

Why doesn't supercell do anything about any of this? I understand that bots and mods are going to be hard to stop because as soon as they figure out how to catch them the bot programmers figure out how to hide again but there are some obvious tell-tale signs when it comes to bots and when an account comes up as flagged then closer watching of it is possible.

I honestly feel like it's purely about the money when they don't stop this kind of cheating. What's the point of a bot doing all your farming for you if your not going to gem the time on building?

I also see a lot of cheating with spy's for clan wars. And there are easy fixes that should have been implemented long ago. For example why should spectators even be able to see any more than the enemy clan can see. Meaning if your not in war you shouldn't be able to see the bases or the cc troops even in your own clan.

It's really annoying to see supercell act as though they could care less about what players are doing to ruin the game for others.

Banned
    Sorry OP, I am having a hard time believing that SC are not doing anything about it.

Haven't seen a defense that looked like a farm bot attack in ages. And i have multiple accounts. All I see are attacks done clearly by humans. Or they made bots human like, which sounds a bit weird to me. If a person could make a bot that acts human, they probably would not waste their talents on a game.

Now for the gems, we have seen complaints about people who could no longer reach their village due to gem miss usage, so I think SC does something about that.

Also we have seen the waves of the psychic octopus. They might come again but when?, luckily SC never tells when it is going to happen. Because that is exactly what is driving cheaters insane. Not knowing when the hatchett is going to fall.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe8888 View Post
    So I'm trying to figure out why supercell doesn't do anything to stop cheating. I have run across multiple accounts that are using bots to farm. Clans are still modding. If you report the players then supercell says nothing is wrong with the accounts but I have had many players admit to me that they are using bots. I have had players tell me about 13000 gem deals for $34 dollars. I have reported all of this to supercell. I gave them account names and screenshots of the players admitting to what they do. Including the specifics of what bots are being used. I got nothing back in return. I sent Darrian a direct message as well with all of the info and got nothing back from him either.

Why doesn't supercell do anything about any of this? I understand that bots and mods are going to be hard to stop because as soon as they figure out how to catch them the bot programmers figure out how to hide again but there are some obvious tell-tale signs when it comes to bots and when an account comes up as flagged then closer watching of it is possible.

I honestly feel like it's purely about the money when they don't stop this kind of cheating. What's the point of a bot doing all your farming for you if your not going to gem the time on building?

I also see a lot of cheating with spy's for clan wars. And there are easy fixes that should have been implemented long ago. For example why should spectators even be able to see any more than the enemy clan can see. Meaning if your not in war you shouldn't be able to see the bases or the cc troops even in your own clan.

It's really annoying to see supercell act as though they could care less about what players are doing to ruin the game for others.
    Wow mate. You seem really hung up on what others are doing.. I have some nice pills that will help you chill. we can do a deal, but have to promise not to tell anyone.
    Out of curiosity.. Did you find the teachers were starting to avoid you when you were at school?

Lol. When I spend money on something the way I have with clash of clan I expect to be able to play it on a fair ground. This is no different than getting under the map on COD or Fortnite. If you think I'm a snitch for trying to help keep the community clean then your likely one of the ones who cheat.

@Prutser I know people who are using the bots. I have seen the proof both in chats off game and through profiles. I know for a fact that there are plenty of programs still around that allow players to cheat.

Centennial Club
    I also see a lot of cheating with spy's for clan wars. And there are easy fixes that should have been implemented long ago. For example why should spectators even be able to see any more than the enemy clan can see. Meaning if your not in war you shouldn't be able to see the bases or the cc troops even in your own clan."

Wait what? You chose who to accept to your clan. Dont leave clan open. So enemy cant spy on your war bases.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe8888 View Post
    Lol. When I spend money on something the way I have with clash of clan I expect to be able to play it on a fair ground. This is no different than getting under the map on COD or Fortnite. If you think I'm a snitch for trying to help keep the community clean then your likely one of the ones who cheat.

@Prutser I know people who are using the bots. I have seen the proof both in chats off game and through profiles. I know for a fact that there are plenty of programs still around that allow players to cheat.
    Then those people have a lot more to worry about than SC catching up with them, if they are putting hackers software onto their device. Surely there cant be that many gullible people about.

I learned the lesson to keep my clan closed and to be careful of who we accept during war but that shouldn't have to be done. Recruiting is hard enough for many clans and it's a fairly simple fix for supercell to make spying pointless.

Resorting to spying and other tactics to win at all costs ruins the game for others.

I saw a line discussion earlier today where the lvl 17 clan "fight club" is at war with another lvl 17 clan "[da bears]". Fight club put a spy in da bears clan and sent cc info and videos over line to all their members showing the previous 3 star attacks on da bears bases.

I'm not in either clan so that event doesn't affect me but it's ridiculous to see that these kinds of things haven't been fixed.

I doubt that SC support ignores reports with screenshots of someone admitting to use bots or mods.

Spying isn't cheating. It's smart. Unfortunately, our opponents are not that naive.

I guess you don't see bots because they hit only dead bases ... at least that's what I would do. No witness, no report, no ban. It probably takes a while until they get what they deserve.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin94 View Post
    I doubt that SC support ignores reports with screenshots of someone admitting to use bots or mods.

Spying isn't cheating. It's smart. Unfortunately, our opponents are not that naive.

I guess you don't see bots because they hit only dead bases ... at least that's what I would do. No witness, no report, no ban. It probably takes a while until they get what they deserve.
    Screenshots of someone saying that they use bots doesnt mean anything. People can say anything in chat and that doesnt have to be true. They are probably trolling him because he is so paranoic.

And about war spying,is totally alowed. It is called war,not love.

Again I said I know players who are using bots on their minis. I know which bots they are using as well and where they got them from. I personally know these players and have seen the bots running. It's nothing about being paranoid. There is a lot of cheating on clash of clans. Powerbang said that's why he was quitting the game.

And yeah spying is allowed because it's not against the terms of service. That being said it's a weak way to play when you have to go get the videos of someone else 3 starring bases just so you can figure it out. Takes no skill. Why even play if you have to cheat?