Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is wrong and should be fixed (inferno weights)

Wherever "sneak peak" is being improperly used...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizzie View Post
    you didn’t read either! I didn’t mention gold weights, and yes I’ve seen that thread, I’m merely stating the position of the bases and come to the conclusion that infernos are still very heavy . Sigh
    When the inferno nerf was introduced, there were numerous threads complaining that's its gold storage weight was not reduced.

That doesn't mean whatever value the mm now appears to use wasn't reduced/changed. Just the value that determines base location on the war map (gold storage).
    Last edited by stealthmtn; 1 Week Ago at 02:23 AM.
    IGN: Sneak Peak; TH10.5 - Lvl 196; 1200+ War *s
    40/41/10 BK/AQ/GW [last updated 11/27/17]

Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    As self appointed overlord, please stop trying to use logic in all SC discussions.

I assumed because of what I wrote in the thread. Base 4 is a mid Th10 with max infernos, achievable to 3 star by a TH10 player. Base 6 (2 down) is a 9.11 , not easily 3 starred by a Th10.
    you didn’t read either! I didn’t mention gold weights, and yes I’ve seen that thread, I’m merely stating the position of the bases and come to the conclusion that infernos are still very heavy . Sigh
    So you did rely on gold storage weights, since the map order is based on gold storage weights.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: Legends2 5000-5999, Legends1 6000+ PvP with no loot or create a new 3rd trophy ladder for PvP (so no PvP in Legends) again with no loot, but then still Legends1 starting at 6000 cups, reset is 6000 not 5000. Contact SC here

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    So you did rely on gold storage weights, since the map order is based on gold storage weights.
    No lol, I relied on the map position number and my eyes . No fancy spreadsheet, no fancy gold stores calculation .

A Th9 defenses plus max inferno and xbows is heavier than a Max Th11 without infernos and eagle.

Can a moderator please close this thread or delete it, the replies are annoying me now.

Forum Champion
    No lol, I relied on the map position number and my eyes . No fancy spreadsheet, no fancy gold stores calculation .

A Th9 defenses plus max inferno and xbows is heavier than a Max Th11 without infernos and eagle.

Can a moderator please close this thread or delete it, the replies are annoying me now.
    what people are patiently trying to explain to you is, the map positions may longer be a reflection of the defensive weight of the base used in the war match making process. So infernoes may he very light weight now, it just doesnt show that to us.
    Clan - Highland chiefs, Highlandchiefs2 (occasionally Highland rebels)
    Accounts - 5 th12, 11 th11s. Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

Not sure I agree wit this. Map position is a pretty good indication of defense strength relative to others in the same clan.
    Listen, and understand! That Engineer is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until your win streak is broken.

The map position is based on gold storage weights. If you relied on map position you relied on gold storage weights. That is not necessarily reflective of the weights actually used by the matchmaker anymore. So, just because a base is ranked below another on the map, does not mean for the matchmaker it actually considered that base to weigh less than the one above it on the map.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: Legends2 5000-5999, Legends1 6000+ PvP with no loot or create a new 3rd trophy ladder for PvP (so no PvP in Legends) again with no loot, but then still Legends1 starting at 6000 cups, reset is 6000 not 5000. Contact SC here

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    Not sure I agree wit this. Map position is a pretty good indication of defense strength relative to others in the same clan.
    With the emphasis on “pretty good” I agree. 9.11s are a good example of where that often fails. I’m sure there are others as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingchief View Post
    what people are patiently trying to explain to you is, the map positions may longer be a reflection of the defensive weight of the base used in the war match making process. So infernoes may he very light weight now, it just doesnt show that to us.
    Even more confused now, so if infernos could be very low weight now, could you kindly and patiently explain to me how a Th9’s (let’s discount the infernos) archer towers, canons, wiz towers etc are coming in higher than a max Th11’s ?? (If you think about it for a minute that is absurd, and therefore the infernos MUST be contributing a lot (still). a heck of a lot because that’s a lot of defenses to beat

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    But the bases are ranked according to descending gold weight. As soon as you mention map position you are talking about gold weights
    I was also of the opinion, that the war map was compiled using defensive strength, which at the time, was generally considered gold weight.
    But 2 things, to stretch the point a little.. 1/ Even if gold weight was simply a bonus, for taking on a more difficult target, then the 9.11 defences should still be considered harder than the 9/IT base, due to the extra/higher level defensive pieces. As the OP stated, they can take the 9/IT base with a 10, the 9.11 is much more formidable. 2/.. Thought defensively compiled map was a visual aid, to assist with choosing the level of difficulty, and war attack strategic planning. I would think, that since it is conceivable that gold weight hasnt meant much for a while now, then OP has a point when he says the IT is still placing above the th11 defences.
    Otherwise, it means that the war map is simply a random action, which does not appear to be the case, when we do war.

As an edit.. What is gold weight?.. And if it is something irrelevant, then why would SC compile the war map around it?
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 1 Week Ago at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I was also of the opinion, that the war map was compiled using defensive strength, which at the time, was generally considered gold weight.
    But 2 things, to stretch the point a little.. 1/ Even if gold weight was simply a bonus, for taking on a more difficult target, then the 9.11 defences should still be considered harder than the 9/IT base, due to the extra/higher level defensive pieces. As the OP stated, they can take the 9/IT base with a 10, the 9.11 is much more formidable. 2/.. Thought defensively compiled map was a visual aid, to assist with choosing the level of difficulty, and war attack strategic planning. I would think, that since it is conceivable that gold weight hasnt meant much for a while now, then OP has a point when he says the IT is still placing above the th11 defences.
    Otherwise, it means that the war map is simply a random action, which does not appear to be the case, when we do war.
    Thank you!!! Finally someone gets it