Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: TV series

TV series

Hey!
    I love watching TV shows, and with summer vacation now, I'm spliting my time between doing that and playing HD. And I usually watch 3 simultaneously, so that I don't get tired of any.

But now one of them is ending (House of Cards), and I have no idea where to turn, how to find some new cool ones to watch.

Literally fyi, these are the shows I have watched, totally and partially, with my opinion on them, so you know how I like 'em:

House of Cards ☆☆☆☆☆
    Broadchurch ☆☆☆☆☆
    House M.D. ☆☆☆☆☆
    Doctor Foster ☆☆☆☆
    The Sinner ☆☆☆☆
    The Fall ☆☆☆☆

Modern Family ☆☆☆☆ -> ☆☆☆
    How to Get Away with Murder ☆☆☆
    Halt and Catch Fire ☆☆☆
    West World ☆☆☆
    Jamestown ☆☆☆
    The Good Wife ☆☆☆
    Alias Grace ☆☆☆
    Bates Motel ☆☆☆
    Code Black ☆☆☆
    Law & Order: Special Victims Unit ☆☆☆
    Stranger Things ☆☆☆
    Orange is the New Black ☆☆☆
    Grey's Anatomy ☆☆
    Sense8 ☆☆
    Peaky Blinders ☆☆
    Designated Survivor ☆☆
    Body of Proof ☆☆
    Castle ☆☆ -> ☆
    Glee ☆☆ -> ☆
    Orphan Black ☆
    13 Reasons Why ☆

Thks
    Last edited by Cowslips; July 11th, 2018 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Simulated swearing

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by Rena9067 View Post
    ...But now one of them is ending (House of Cards), and I have no idea where to turn, how to find some new cool ones to watch.
    Have you watched the original British version? I saw it on PBS more than ten years ago.

Modern Family
    I like the above situational comedy because of the excellent writing, good acting from seasoned veterans to newbies who understand comedic timing, and a lack of laugh track. The viewers know what's funny and don't need a cue on when to laugh, IMO. Thank you for respecting my intelligence.

How to Get Away with Murder
    There are so many twists and turns in the story arc and I can't believe the writers went there. It's a fun ride for me for the first few seasons. I haven't watched it the last few years? Is it still on?

The Good Wife
    This drama has excellent writing which is very timely by commenting on current events.

Glee
    The producers knew how to integrate popular songs with the storylines and make it look easy. It isn't because NBC tried it with "Smash" and the show survived only two seasons. At the time, I was surprised NBC had renewed for a second season despite bombing in the ratings. It was a train wreck.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; July 10th, 2018 at 03:34 AM.
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    I haven't watched it the last few years? Is it still on?
    I don't know actually, but i think there is a 3rd season. And if you liked HTGAWM, you're probably gonna like The Sinner as well!

I totally recommend every tv show i gave 5 and 4 stars to, they're absolutely incredible, especially Broadchurch, The Sinner, and Doctor Foster.

But I was hoping some fellow forumers would give me some ideas...

Last night I tried a french one called The Forest, and its nice i guess, but I probs wont see it all, not that good...lol. and a mate recomended big little lies...
    Last edited by Cowslips; July 11th, 2018 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Simulated swearing

Forum Veteran
    Game of Thrones
    The Affair
    The Blacklist
    Band of Brothers
    The Walking Dead
    Versailles
    The Following

All ones I have watched and enjoyed

I am surprised Peaky Blinders scores so low - maybe it’s just as British thing?
    Steve: Hayday Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2. 150+ golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players
    CoC coleader Fat Kitty Stars #28Q99R2P9 active clan, learning together and having fun

Quote Originally Posted by mdcfc View Post
    Game of Thrones
    The Affair
    The Blacklist
    Band of Brothers
    The Walking Dead
    Versailles
    The Following

All ones I have watched and enjoyed

I am surprised Peaky Blinders scores so low - maybe it’s just as British thing?
    Thanks for the suggestions!!!

I might watch Game of Thrones, my cousin loves it...

As to The Affair, I have tried the 1st episode, it has an actress who also stars in The Good Wife, but it didn't catch my attention a lot...I have to admit i kinda didnt like it....haha

The Blacklist, I've watched loose episodes on the TV, but I didn't like it very much....

The Walking Dead I never watched, but I'm affraid I won't like, it's not my kind of tv show...

As to the other two, I've never heard of these, but I'll decenetely try them!!

Thks again for the recommendations!!!😄

Try “Killing Eve”. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    Try “Killing Eve”. :-)
    Sure will! Thanks😊

Forum Veteran
    Just thought of one I really enjoyed - Firefly
    Steve: Hayday Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2. 150+ golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    CoC coleader Fat Kitty Stars #28Q99R2P9 active clan, learning together and having fun

Quote Originally Posted by mdcfc View Post
    Just thought of one I really enjoyed - Firefly
    Considering how long that show lasted you might be the only one who enjoyed it.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikect1020 View Post
    Considering how long that show lasted you might be the only one who enjoyed it.
    So you're basing that on the fact that it only had one season of 15 episodes and a spin off film?

That rather ignores the 85%+ ratings on sites like IMDb, rotten tomatoes etc. The series has a large cult following, and if sci-fi with a humorous edge is your thing, it’s a damn good show. There were numerous unsuccessful attempts to persuade Fox to produce further series, but the writer and lead actor were also both reluctant to extend the story.

Lets be honest, there are plenty of great TV series that have run to successive seasons, and died an agnosing slow decline in quality.