Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Forum & Game

Forum & Game

Hello everybody,

Wouldn't it be nice if our game account was linked to our forum account?
    Last edited by Clash12344321; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:44 PM.

I made a post about this recently and think it'd solve a handful of problems.

1) Spam/solicitation posts here would be almost non-existent. If you can only join forums using an email that is linked to one of the supercell games then bots can't spam post due to the caveat of having to download and play a supercell game.

2) If someone posts here about cheats, hacks, mods, exploits, selling/buying accounts, or anything else that is a breach of the terms of service then they can be instantly investigated because their account is linked to their forum account.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    Boom Beach - maxed
    Clash of Clans | TH10 | Level 133 |
    Clash Royale | Arena 11 | 86/86 |

There are actually a lot of pros and can turn out to be useful.
    Last edited by Clash12344321; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:16 PM.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash12344321 View Post
    Hello everybody,

No.

You are only allowed one forum account, while many people have multiple game accounts.

Plus, it would lead to people expecting game actions to have an effect on their forum accounts and vice versa, while at present the only link between the two is the rule that if you are permanently banned in game, you can't have a forum account (though even that, we can only enforce if people say something about it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

thats wicked, very cool

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    No.

You are only allowed one forum account, while many people have multiple game accounts.

Plus, it would lead to people expecting game actions to have an effect on their forum accounts and vice versa, while at present the only link between the two is the rule that if you are permanently banned in game, you can't have a forum account (though even that, we can only enforce if people say something about it).
    I see that. Although I think it would put a stop to a lot of rather dubious claims that are often thrown about here.

But yes, as you said, itís unworkable. Especially with folks have have multiple game accounts.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash12344321 View Post
    Hello everybody,

Personally, I'd love it, but it'd require a huge overhaul and I think the forum would need to be built into the game from the beginning. The multiple game account issue that Ajax mentioned is definitely true and the physical disconnect between the forum and the game makes it near impossible to bridge the chasm. But if the game were developed this way from the start, it could have been possible, and I think it's a great idea for development in future games.

I love the social interaction part of the forum. I think gameplay is what gets players to start playing, but the social interactions are what keep players going over the long run. Global Chat was a step in the right direction, but it never reached anything near what it should have been. For one thing, there are way too many chat channels to be able to carry on any kind of consistent conversation or to ever see the same players again (except in rare instances or by going to rarely used global servers). I think the amount of abuse and reports that goes on through Global probably turned out to be more than was anticipated and caused any thoughts of further development to whither on the vine.

It's a shame, really, because it's a missed opportunity. Fortunately, we have the forums, even if they are disconnected from the actual game.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 16 - 590 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    Personally, I'd love it, but it'd require a huge overhaul and I think the forum would need to be built into the game from the beginning. The multiple game account issue that Ajax mentioned is definitely true and the physical disconnect between the forum and the game makes it near impossible to bridge the chasm. But if the game were developed this way from the start, it could have been possible, and I think it's a great idea for development in future games.

I love the social interaction part of the forum. I think gameplay is what gets players to start playing, but the social interactions are what keep players going over the long run. Global Chat was a step in the right direction, but it never reached anything near what it should have been. For one thing, there are way too many chat channels to be able to carry on any kind of consistent conversation or to ever see the same players again (except in rare instances or by going to rarely used global servers). I think the amount of abuse and reports that goes on through Global probably turned out to be more than was anticipated and caused any thoughts of further development to whither on the vine.

It's a shame, really, because it's a missed opportunity. Fortunately, we have the forums, even if they are disconnected from the actual game.
    I know of an online game that had its forum separate like supercell's, but they eventually transitioned to a system where the forum account is linked to the game account
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; 1 Week Ago at 05:05 PM.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    Boom Beach - maxed
    Clash of Clans | TH10 | Level 133 |
    Clash Royale | Arena 11 | 86/86 |

Couldn't we just link one forum account to multiple game acccounts? Please forgive me if this was really stupid.

Most of the clashers don't know about the forum and doesn't Supercell's service cover the forum too?
    Last edited by Clash12344321; 1 Week Ago at 02:41 PM.