Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why not give leadership the ability to set minimum clan game points for rewards?

Quote Originally Posted by Easyluck View Post
    What is the rational for not allowing a clan to set a minimum number of points that members must achieve if they want clan game rewards?

It would be a nice quality of life enhancement to be able to set the minimum to 5%, 10%, 15% of the maximum player achievement. Allow all points to count towards the total but only members that reach the minimum will get rewards.
    You already CAN set a minimum number of points thru a clan mail, if someone fails to reach it, kick him. Simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    You feel wrong. I have 5 accounts, 3 of them are currently over 2000 in these games, and all are over that 500. Total well over 9000, so far. I expect to hit the max with at least two, probably 3.

And many of those arguing against it are clan leaders themselves - including me.

Like many of the other clan leaders posting here, I wouldn't dream of being so petty.
    Well this clan leader is for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazatin18 View Post
    I feel like the people who are against this are the ones who don't even get 500 points. Right now I have over 21,000 points total with all my accounts and have contributed to more than 50% of the clan games points. I want to kick people out, but they contribute in war and it's also mostly a friends and family clan. I know that some people have jobs and stuff, but how hard is it to even get to 1000 points. That's the minimum I would set clan rewards at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    You feel wrong. I have 5 accounts, 3 of them are currently over 2000 in these games, and all are over that 500. Total well over 9000, so far. I expect to hit the max with at least two, probably 3.

And many of those arguing against it are clan leaders themselves - including me.

Like many of the other clan leaders posting here, I wouldn't dream of being so petty.
    Where would that feeling come from. Together with a few other altoholics we've managed to even get the 75k games from a while back with our small baby clan to get the clan XP - and of course the rewards, for everyone in the clan at the time, and a few clanless minis from people we know that we told to come by and get the rewards ... heck, you should see the setups we have here for CoC, lol

I'm with Ajax on this one (now who would believe that or anything remotely like that would be possible, ever): many of us are clan leaders, we know what goes on in our clans and we balance things. Ans yes, we set (the) rules, and we have no choice but to enforce them. It's a way of keeping a clan healthy.
    Last edited by JusMe; July 7th, 2018 at 09:32 PM.

Banned
    We reach max rewards every single time. If I notice that some clanmates haven't completed a task, I send out a mail reminding them to do one so they can get rewards.

We actually like each other and love to see progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazatin18 View Post
    I feel like the people who are against this are the ones who don't even get 500 points. Right now I have over 21,000 points total with all my accounts and have contributed to more than 50% of the clan games points. I want to kick people out, but they contribute in war and it's also mostly a friends and family clan. I know that some people have jobs and stuff, but how hard is it to even get to 1000 points. That's the minimum I would set clan rewards at.
    Sorry. Wrong. I have maxed every games even when we didn't need the points. You have a clan issue.

I would also support the setup a minimu individual points to get the different tier rewards. It is not fair that I have made 4000 points this time again, while others make only 500 and they get the same rewards.

So if I can suggest then I would setup the following:
    reward 1 : cg points 100+
    reward 2 : cg points 500+
    reward 3 : cg points 1000+
    reward 4 : cg points 2000+
    reward 5 : cg points 3000+

or the 10% of the needed points.

or those players could get an extra reward who reached the max. points.

Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    I would also support the setup a minimu individual points to get the different tier rewards. It is not fair that I have made 4000 points this time again, while others make only 500 and they get the same rewards.

So if I can suggest then I would setup the following:
    reward 1 : cg points 100+
    reward 2 : cg points 500+
    reward 3 : cg points 1000+
    reward 4 : cg points 2000+
    reward 5 : cg points 3000+

or the 10% of the needed points.

or those players could get an extra reward who reached the max. points.
    Worst idea yet. As Iíve said before in this thread... This penalizes players with multiple accounts. I put 7k roughly in points towards our clan games. Max on one account and split the 3k between the other two accounts (14% + or -) of the needed 50k.

I have good clan and I donít need to do the extra but I like to chip in where I can.

I hate this idea above all others. It represents an extremely selfish point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Easyluck View Post
    Good points Tom. So do you change the psychology of members that only to do the bare minimum?
    If you’re asking me that, then you didn’t understand me. The only head that gets adjusted is your own as leader, adjusted out of the mentality “I must control this situation by making member x want to contribute his share of y points then only rewarding those I see as deserving for contributing sufficient effort”. There’s one of two places you can adjust it to:

1. I’m in charge here so I will lay down rules, specify them clearly, and follow through on kicking those who flagrantly abuse the rules - I take my cue from the army: you don’t have to like it, just do it or else.

2. This is a game and I value the companionship of my existing clan mates, so I shall lighten up and just point out some good prizes we could win, congratulate those who do a lot of points, encourage others to join in, and commiserate if we come close to getting a good reward but fall just short - I have a carrot, not a stick and I’m aiming to preserve clan cohesion and build a sense of joint purpose. It doesn’t matter if we don’t get every last reward, far less that we get it through all working equally hard. It’s their game fun and I’ll work with whatever it is. I might kick someone or at least call them on their actions if they were flagrantly single task free riding for ages and harshing our joint mellow to the point it had others grumbling.

In both cases you start by giving up the idea of changing their psychology - changing them - as being the answer and of the goal being to getting the desired number of points spread evenly among the team.
    Last edited by Tomville; July 8th, 2018 at 12:44 AM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

Let's just, get over with this thread, shall we?

We know what SC said, and we know that SC has the last word on these matters, so, mods, pleasd close this thread. It will lead to more arguments and misunderstandings between my fellow forumers.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    I want my entire clan to get stronger, progress, deploy better defenses and troops. If a member completes a hero upgrade right before making his war attacks, the whole clan benefits from the extra building he takes down, the extra damage percentage, the extra war star.

Why would I want to slow the progress of anyone in my clan? When you make one member weaker you make the whole clan weak. If it is a guy who contributes to war, donates, provides good advice to juniors, but just doesn't have time for more than a couple of challenges then he still gets full rewards and we are all better in the next war.

Give me the option and I will set it to 0%. If I could give rewards to those who did no challenges at all,I would. Because then the whole clan gets stronger.

If you feel you are beset with freeloaders you may set whatever requirements you like, and enforce by kicking or suspending from war anyone you choose. But set your standards too high, and kick too many, you will find your clan shrinking until it is just you, your mini and some guy from global who hasn't signed on in three days.
    IMO, a moderator should've closed this thread after the above post. I especially like the bit in bold.
    Someone who actually gets the point of clan games. It is to help your whole clan progress.
    If you run a clan where you are considering the OP's request as a good idea, then it isn't a clan, its a group of individuals looking out for no.1.

(There were some other good posts in this thread but the above stood out for me).
    Skrivo
    TH12
    Leader of war clan's vVv & sPu