Thread: .5 bases still useful?

Centennial Club

.5 bases still useful?

Returning after 1 year. Are .5 bases still a viable option? Also what is the current meta for war in early th10?
    Last edited by FlameClow; July 6th, 2018 at 02:50 PM.

Pro Member
    Welcome back,

With the new TH upgrade rules (You must have placed every building at each townhall before you can upgrade to the next townhall), the effectiveness of .5 has been diminished. I would still recommend focusing on attack before defence and make sure your attack/collectors/camps/cc are upgraded before starting on defensive upgrades.

As for War, depends on your TH level.
    TH12 5*
    Leader: Tim Hunter - Level 17 - Masters 1
    Highest Cups - 5850
    Queen: 60 King: 60 Warden: 30

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyAdair View Post
    Welcome back,

With the new TH upgrade rules (You must have placed every building at each townhall before you can upgrade to the next townhall), the effectiveness of .5 has been diminished. I would still recommend focusing on attack before defence and make sure your attack/collectors/camps/cc are upgraded before starting on defensive upgrades.

As for War, depends on your TH level.
    Thanks a lot for your help. As for my th level, it's still in the early th10.

Well I will say that the players who had .5 bases before and didn't upgraded their townhall are still very effective but yeah after the recent update no more .5 bases or engineer bases can be built ..
    But still those bases who existed before are still very effective

No longer a good idea. You are far more likely to draw engineers if you do .5. Instead, add all new defenses. Keep them low.

I have a max nine except I didn't max my xbows. I did one of them by mistake when I thought i pressed cancel but I pressed finish now. :P By keeping our xbows at level 2 we tend to draw people with level 3 xbows but with Royals much lower than our own. I have noticed a bit of a difference after I upgraded the one xbow.

I have a TH10 that is not yet warring. It is also max except for two mortars and one xbow are one level below max. My AQ is 40 and the BK is 35 and has begun it's march to 40. I think we will likely have to take TH10s to war now because TH9s are having a hard time surviving. May end up in a lot of draws. But that's another issue.

I have several TH8s and I tried playing games with those. Not adding all ground defenses. It got us engineers. I stopped doing that and the engineers were far less frequent. Add defenses, just keep them low.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything
    Yes they are still viable, but not forever. When I went to th10, I just worked on offense so I was a 9.5 at first. Then after I got my queen to 40, I added the new defenses less the infernos. So I'm more of a 9.75 now. It won't be long before I am a full fledged 10.

So yeah they are beneficial for a while, then you have to move up

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    No longer a good idea. You are far more likely to draw engineers if you do .5. Instead, add all new defenses. Keep them low.

I have a max nine except I didn't max my xbows. I did one of them by mistake when I thought i pressed cancel but I pressed finish now. :P By keeping our xbows at level 2 we tend to draw people with level 3 xbows but with Royals much lower than our own. I have noticed a bit of a difference after I upgraded the one xbow.

I have a TH10 that is not yet warring. It is also max except for two mortars and one xbow are one level below max. My AQ is 40 and the BK is 35 and has begun it's march to 40. I think we will likely have to take TH10s to war now because TH9s are having a hard time surviving. May end up in a lot of draws. But that's another issue.

I have several TH8s and I tried playing games with those. Not adding all ground defenses. It got us engineers. I stopped doing that and the engineers were far less frequent. Add defenses, just keep them low.
    So as an early th10, should add infernos? Or just keep working on lab, heroes and wall?

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by auburn2eugene View Post
    Yes they are still viable, but not forever. When I went to th10, I just worked on offense so I was a 9.5 at first. Then after I got my queen to 40, I added the new defenses less the infernos. So I'm more of a 9.75 now. It won't be long before I am a full fledged 10.

So yeah they are beneficial for a while, then you have to move up
    What kind of matchmaking do you get?